The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Member Introductions

+23
funky
catra
Drew
Castell Ari
Vandalic
Hadouken
HeavyMetalHead
Game Nurse
Godzuki
homework19
KibBen
Scion
tamuril
Arete
Wizard
Rade
sky
Jin
Razel Tenite
Aeternalia
Auron Of Esgaroth
Lady Herodias
Pampered One
27 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Member Introductions Empty Member Introductions

Post by Pampered One Sun 24 Feb - 6:35

Hello hello. Welcome to the Cherubim Knights. As leader I felt I should be the first to introduce myself. My name is Gunter but I go by JR usually. I hail from Oregon and am engaged to fellow officer Lady Herodias (Ann).

I have been in MMORPG's for about 7 years now. It all began for me way back in Lineage 1 where I was a member of NASH Pledge and later migrated to Eden Pledge where I met Lady H. From there it was off to Lineage 2 and then later to Guild Wars when it was in Beta. I was part of the start of Seraphim Knights and then started the Cherabim Knights when that guild became full. After a while I left for about 16 months where I returned to Lineage 2 free servers. I also touched onto a few other games such as Two Moons, Earth and Beyond, RYL, and SWGalaxies.

I came back to GW December of '07 and retook Leadership of TCK since it was an empty storage guild having fallen into disuse.

On a personal note, I am a short redhead and have the temper and intelligence to match, but am generally shy and keep to myself. I work as a Hydro Tech for the government and spend a lot of times outdoors and on boats. Currently Lady and I are on opposite sides of the country which makes things a little lonely and depressing at times.

I love to play solo but do enjoy those hunts with friends. I am a meticulous player, preferring to take my time and explore every part of the world which does not always make me a great companion if you prefer to just zip through the mission/quest. Best bet is to tell me upfront you just want to get through it. That allows me to mode myself into that mental frame. This meticulous is what makes me good for helping new players get through early quests since I pretty much have explored it all. i am still slowly working myself through the other chapters and expansion with the same meticulous fashion.

I usually play as a woman and have gone so far as to use a voice morpher on vent. Though, of late, I am playing more male characters. I have 2 accounts. One has all chapters and the other is Prophecies only. I have at least one character of every class except for mesmer. I really don't like that class much. I prefer warrior but am at best, a mediocre player. I have no aspirations towards greatness.

I hope, and encourage, everyone that joins us will post a little about yourselves so that others can get to know you on a more personal basis.

Thanx and welcome,
JR

Pampered One W/Mo lvl 20
Gunter II R/E lvl 20
Pious Pamela Rt/Mo lvl 20
Sad Witchy E/N lvl 20
Stealthy Pammie A/Mo lvl 20
Captain Jayar P/E lvl 16
Toten Handt D/? lvl 6
Lady Pam Pvp/storage
Pamela Le Feye pvp/storage
Enkidu at Tanagra W/E lvl 20
Dark Pammie N/Mo lvl 12
Yummy Treat Mo/N lvl 16
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Member Introductions Empty Lady Herodias: Welcome to my World

Post by Lady Herodias Mon 25 Feb - 3:12

Well, i am not much for introductions and with my sense of organization I would prefer to answer questions, but now you will just get my random thoughts as I introduce myself.

My name is Lady Herodias, aka Annie, Ann, Aurelia...etc and anything else Gunter chooses to call me. I am not the best player in the game, since I see Guild Wars as a way to relax and enjoy friendships. In fact since the inception of Guild Wars in 2005, I managed to only get one character through the game...Lady Herodias, my ranger.

My home in in Oregon, but I am living in Virginia where someday I can be a millionaire, lol since where I lived in Oregon does not pay squat. Actually, my son lives in Virginia, as well as my in-laws. I met Gunter while being in the West Coast, and he in the East Coast while playing Lineage 1. I was never a gamer until playing Lineage, but since then, I have played Lineage 2, Guild Wars, Risk Your Life, 2 Moons and other betas that I can't seem to remember. I am considered one of those older gamers, who matronly mother the younger players.

I was the founder and leader of The Seraphim Knights whose core players transitioned from a one month old guild called called Lonestone back in April, 2005. Gunter and I played for a year and half in Guild Wars; whereas the Guild expanded its membership to The Cherubim Knights. Unfortunately, like most couples both of our leadership styles were different; thus to keep peace, we both decided to leave Guild wars for Real Life.

Well enough of our sordid past. I am Asian, born in Hawaii, and raised in Southern California. That makes me a Californian by my standards after living there for 30 years. I have two children, and my son and his family are gamers...so most of the time we are all on electronic gaming devices.

In real life, I work in Human Resources on the computer ALL day, so you can call me a "computer chair potato", but I am trying to do some belly dancing classes, and I love to do some amateur photography.

What I have found interesting is that since the inception of Guild Wars, many more women are playing the game. I remember when I was the only woman in TSK, and my one effort was trying to get more women in the Guild. As of today, many more women are sharing the passion of online gaming....yay!

Well, that is a little about me. Hopefully, I will have an opportunity to play with all of you who are in the guild, or who will be joining the guild.

Blessings!
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 506
Other games played : 2 Moons, Lineage 2

http://gunterandann.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Member Introductions Empty Re: Member Introductions

Post by Auron Of Esgaroth Fri 29 Feb - 14:19

[I've Edited this post to reflect my lack of in-game participation - Richard (Auron)]
I'm going to be inactive in the game for some time - but I'll still be here on the message boards. My little brother switched guilds to be with some friends of his.
My little brother is now playing on my account so say hey to him when you see him online.
My Old Character - Auron of Esgaroth. If you see him in-game, it's probably my lil' bro using him for farming cash to get his character moving.

My game philosophy - Any class can make a good build as long as you use your strengths to your advantage. Knowing your opponent is optional, but sure helps. Make sure you can recognize when your strengths expose your opponent's weakness. Use party members to cover your weaknesses rather than trying to build a do-it-all character. You'll both benefit from having the teammate to cover for your weaknesses.

More personally, I'm married. My wife is in Law School right now. I live in the Raleigh, NC area - have since graduating from NCSU.
My dad was in the US Army. Home is now North Carolina.
I'm an electrical engineer by profession and degree. If you're on a NC university campus, chances are that you'll see a building that I had a hand in designing. The firm I work for has contracts with every large university in the state of NC.
I love the game of Golf. I love going to movies with my wife. We saw all of the Oscar nominated films except Juno for 2007. Atonement was our pick for best picture.

Auron Of Esgaroth - W/Any L20. Originally a W/N. Tyrian Skill Hunter - 55/90.
If you have a question about building a melee class with Necro secondary - ask me on these boards.
I completed every mission in Prophecies - some with bonus - with only henchmen. For most of those, I carried the Necro secondary.

Last edited by Auron Of Esgaroth on Thu 27 Mar - 12:28; edited 4 times in total
Auron Of Esgaroth
Auron Of Esgaroth
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 17
Other games played : Golf
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeternalia Fri 29 Feb - 14:45

Hi guys, I guess I should get my intro up on here. Sorry it took so long to write.

I am a pretty new player of Guild Wars. I have learned in other games to get one character up to a high level before creating a bunch of others, so thats kinda what's happening now. I Run a monk exclusively, and I have always enjoyed the healing aspect of the Cleric / Monk classes.

I will sometimes roll up a Warrior class or an elementalist that you might see in pre-searing to play with new players, but they are temps that get erased usually.

I have been playing online games since 1997 When I joined House of Shadows "HoS" in a game called Multiplayer Battletech, I played Ultima Online, Legends of Kesmai, Dark Age of Camelot, EverQuest, Planetside, 10Six, Inner Sphere Wars, and others that I am surely forgetting.. I have been a member of "HoS" in every game I have played since then, except where no formal "HoS" guild was established. That is the case here in Guild Wars. I consider myself lucky to have found a great Guild to play with here in TSK, and was very excited when I heard about their sister Guild TCK, and TCK's vision about the game. A relaxed family type atmosphere was exactly what I was looking for, I requested a transfer as soon as I had spoken with Lady Herodias.

You may notice that their are several people in TCK that all have the last name Tenite. That would be my family. My son Forrist plays, as well as my wife Heather (although not as much as myself and Forrist). Forrist and I love to hunt with other guild members. If you are looking for someone to hunt with, feel free to contact us! We would much rather hunt with guildies than solo anyday..even if its in missions or quests we have already completed.

I am a computer programmer for Boeing in real life. I graduated from Webster University with a BS in COMP SCI, and I am currently working on my MS in Distributed Systems.

I also read alot like Auron, my favorite series is The Wheel of Time By Robert Jordan. I would recommend it to anyone. Still waiting on the last book of that series (even though RJ is dead his wife and another author are finishing the book from his notes and their own knowledge of the plot from what RJ told them).
I have read David Eddings, Piers Anthony, Tolkien, Dave Duncan, Asimov, whats her name.. Dragon Riders of Pern series..Anne Mcaffrey? and tons of other single book authors, but for the ones listed above, I have read almost everything they have written.

If your not into Science Fiction / Science Fantasy or pure fantasy (what are you doing playing this game? hehe!) then I would recommend Pearl S. Buck "The Good Earth" Historical Fiction.

I have recently also became a fan of Dystopias.

Ask me anything, I'll do my best to answer.

Aeternalia Tenite (female)
James
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Member Introductions Empty Thanks for the introductions

Post by Lady Herodias Sat 1 Mar - 16:10

I just wanted to thank you all for the introductions. Its nice to know a little about the people we play with, since we can always find an element of what a person is like and if there is anything in real life we have in common. Looking forward to growth in this guild!
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Razel Tenite Sat 1 Mar - 23:45

I am Forrist son of James(Aeternalia). I am new to Guild Wars. I found Guild Wars while I was bored one night and was looking up RPGs. I liked the sound of no monthly fees and looked into guild wars to see what it was all about. I got it about a week later effectively pulling my dad into the game with me.

I joined TSK shortly after my dad joined. After a while we decided TSK wasn't right for us and joined TCK. Which even though it was a sister guild varied so drastically. TSK was helpful but i had never played with another guild member which i greatly wanted to do. Once I had come to TCK within about an hour I went and completed a mission with Gunter. And since have hunted with several other guild members.

My main character is a lvl 20 Necro/Mesmer. I have a lvl 1 warrior in pre-searing but i have not played him much. I own Prophiecies and Eye of the North, and plan on getting Nightfall, and Factions

I am in 9th grade and i am in many advanced class such as Honors English. I have a GPA of about 3.8-4.0 which is one B. I read a LOT I was introduced to Frank Herbert in 7th grade and have loved his books since. I also read Piers Anthony, Terry Goodkind, Robert Jordan, other Sci/Fi or Fantasy books.

I look forward to being in this guild and will help anyone to the best of my ability(which in this game and at this time is not very high but should improve)
Razel Tenite
Razel Tenite
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 13
Other games played : Legends of Kesmai, RuneScape, Dark Ages of Camelot, Ever Quest, Mass Effect, Obilivion, Overlord
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Jin Sun 2 Mar - 5:28

Hey! I'm Jin Seop, or Dan. I'm a former member of TCK and I'm back! I joined TCK back in 2005, but was shortly transfered to TSK due to the lack of activity in both guilds (at the time, we thought it was a good idea to combine in order to have a better overall experience). I am more than willing to help others through the game whenever I'm online, and if you're up for a little PvP action, it would be my pleasure to join you. Very Happy

I am currently a student attending Bowling Green State University, and I am majoring in Finance. However, that will change next year when I switch over to Telecommunications. For the most part I like to chill when I play and I will be looking forward to getting to know the new TCK members.

If you want to party up just let me know.

Elementalist Jin - Ele
Divine Jin - Monk
Warmaster Jinseop - Warrior
Jin Seop - Rit
Master Ranger Jin - Ranger
Jin
Jin
Stablehand

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by sky Sun 2 Mar - 8:22

Hi everyone. My name is Andy and I am one of the newest member in the guild. I started playing GW like 2 years ago and I am a pretty casual player. I am happy to join anyone who need help through missions or just want to do something for fun. Very Happy

I live in Toronto and do marketing online. I graduated in Queen's University (Ontario, Canada) majoring in computer science and business.

I like baseball, basketball and golf (too bad we have long winter here!). I am also a fan of the Toronto Raptors and the Blue Jays and one of the few people here in Toronto that doesn't care about hockey Razz

I look forward playing with you in the game and getting to know each of you.

Cheers!
sky
sky
Stablehand

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Herodias Mon 3 Mar - 1:15

Nice having you Sky! You'll be a great addition to the guild. Looking forward to playing with you!

Lady
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Member Introductions Empty A bit about myself ...

Post by Rade Fri 7 Mar - 16:41

Greetings all. I've just joined the ranks and will now attempt to reveal some of my mysteries. Very Happy
I go by the name of Rade (ingame) or Eric (outofgame) but I will answer to almost any name thrown my way as long as it's not too slanderous.
I live in the land to the north, the wilderness known as Canada. I love the outdoors (must be the ranger in me) and enjoy exploring new places whether it be on foot or my trusty motorbike.
I've been with Guild Wars since the beta opening weekend and it has become an old friend. The only other MMO I've dabbled in is EVE Online but since GW has no monthly fee that is where I've spent my time. I am looking forward to seeing what Guild Wars 2 has to offer and it will be both sad and exciting when or if I ever make the transition from GW1 to GW2. Should that time come, may it be with the Cherubim Knights, as we close the chapters of one journey and experience the unfolding of new adventures together. With that said I'll do what I can to help our guild grow, flourish and be a happy little haven. Just give me a shout if you need a hand or if you need help picking out the latest in Asuran fashion. Razz

Peace to y'all ... let's have fun out there.
eric

Last edited by Rade on Sat 8 May - 18:30; edited 2 times in total
Rade
Rade
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizard Sat 8 Mar - 22:37

Hi all. My name is Jason and I am one of the new member in the guild. I started playing GW around 2 years ago and I am a pretty casual player. I am happy to join this guild. If anyone needs help with mission or quest feel free to ask.

I live in Toronto, current study at centennial college, and majoring in Computer Networking

I look forward playing with you in the game and getting to know each of you.

Have fun all!!!
Wizard
Wizard
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Arete Thu 13 Mar - 0:19

Oh, wow! I'm Kayla and have just started play GW. Though I do play all kinds of MMORPGs. Usually the free kind. Razz For now, I know I will play as much as I can. I find this game really exciting and I love all the quests.

I live in the center of the U.S. The boring state of Indiana. High school is still my prison, but I hope to drown my life in games or at least computer graphics.

I hope to meet, or talk, to everyone!
But beware. I love to talk/type. >///<

Happy gaming!
Arete
Arete
Stablehand

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Thu 13 Mar - 0:36

Welcome Kayla. I am sure Lady will be happy to have another female in our fold....and especially one that likes to talk. Lady can't seem to shut up...errrrrr keep quiet for very long either. Razz

Thank you for posting and thank you for joining our little family. we hope all of us get to know each other over time. It is happening slowly but surely.

Pampered One
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Herodias Thu 13 Mar - 4:00

Just me again, putting my name back on the portal...so it looks like im the only person that writes, lol. Actually I wanted to welcome Arete, Wizard, Rade, Sky and everyone else who has been nice enough to post here.

By the way Rade...you have way too many characters listed. You definitely have almost as many as Gunter!. Well I am glad that we are establishing our core group in TCK. I hope that many of you will stay and enjoy your stay with us!
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rade Thu 13 Mar - 21:16

Since someone is claiming to be the only one that writes Rolling Eyes I figure I should step in and represent.
Thanks for the welcome Ann and thanks for pointing out that I have way too many characters Laughing
It is nice to see the guild coming along slowly but surely and I'm glad to be a part of it all. So rest assured, I'm here to stay.

Rade
Rade
Rade
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizard Fri 14 Mar - 2:08

Thanks for the warm welcome to the guild
I am happy to be part of the guild
see you all in game

-Jay
Wizard
Wizard
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by tamuril Sat 15 Mar - 14:58

Hi everyone Smile

Just like to say thanks for the invite and to everyone who made me very welcome.

Already I know I shall enjoy being part of this Guild Very Happy

I wrote a little about myself in my application so won't go over that again and bore the pants off you.

Mainly, I'm a returning player to GW and currently enjoying the exploits of NF, but having great fun doing so.

Hope to meet you all in due course and maybe playing.

Ryannen.
tamuril
tamuril
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeternalia Mon 17 Mar - 1:07

Welcome Ryannen!

Aeternalia Tenite
James
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Herodias Tue 18 Mar - 19:05

Well Tamuril. So nice to have you in TCK! Looking forward to spending some hunting time with you!

Lady H
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Member Introductions Empty Most Recent New Guy

Post by Scion Wed 19 Mar - 23:55

Team Knights,

I am one of the new guys. How you doin. I'm 25, married no kids, live in a small (small) town between Syracuse and Albany (New York) with my wife and two cats (Roy and Samus).

I have all the GW games, but I haven't beat one of them. I joined the Army in college, and between life, school, and training, I could never find the time to sit down and crush through a campaign before the next section/expansion came out.

Now, out of college (mostly) and in the reserves, I have some time back to waste via video games.

I went to school for earth science, and am presently getting my masters in high school education. Soon I'll be teaching full time.

I've never been deployed overseas, but I've done a lot of stateside work.

I love reading, role playing games, pretty much anything you have to think about in order to do well.

But camping in the woods with a friends, tents, a dog and a keg is pretty alright as well.

All my names ingame are Scion of 'something'. I like to keep things rememberable.

Right now I am trying to take my Necro through Prophecies, the plan is to take her all they way through. I also have a pretty tough Ranger, as those that were around for the first scrimmage can attest.

Hope to see you all in game, because playing by yourself get boring fast.
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeternalia Thu 20 Mar - 0:43

Scion,
Welcome to the Guild man!
Looking forward to many more arrows (hopefully aimed at an opposing team next time instead of me!)

I'll probably move this post to the new member introductions to keep them all in one place..

yeah.. Im admin like that.. (Flexes)

::ducks the pie thrown by Gunter::

James
Aeternalia Tenite
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Member Introductions Empty Welcome Scion

Post by Lady Herodias Thu 20 Mar - 0:58

Hi Scion,

Welcome to the Guild! I am looking forward to having another Ranger around...considering Lady H has a reputation of being a "Babo" in her playing style, and I heard my reputation is growing! I look forward to begging and borrowing from your experience. But most of all, I look forward to having your company during our hunts.

Lady H
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Member Introductions Empty Hi TCK...... :)

Post by Guest Fri 21 Mar - 0:06

Hi.

After advertising on Guild Wars Guru for a active and mature guild to join I was invited to come and take a look at what TCK had to offer by Lady Aura (GWG name) via PM. So before I decide to make any form of commitments, by applying etc, I felt I would take the time to say a few words to introduce myself and hopefully get to know some of you a little better. So first off I shall start with a good old picture of what I look like. Very Happy

Member Introductions Dsc00007ij0

Real life background: My name is Lei, I'm 28 years old, and from the UK. I speak both English and Mandarin having also lived in China for parts of my life with my wife. I have been gaming since I was around 10-11 years old, back in the days of the Tandy TRS-80 and the ZX-Spectrum. When I'm not assassinating people in videogames I do it in real life in the British Army as part of an Observation Post team, in the Royal Artillery, which primarily calls in artillery bombardments and airstrikes. I also teach Ninjutsu in my spare time, which I've now been studying for around 17 years myself. My other hobbies include football, watching movies (gotta love that Sci-Fi), and weight training.

Guild Wars background: I've been playing Guild Wars for about 2 years now. My in-game character is called Selket Shadowdancer. At present this is my only PvE chacter after having deleted all my old PvE characters to make a fresh start in Guild Wars. I feel it is better to have one character and really work on that particular one and gain a sense of accomplishment than work on several at a time and never really give that one true character you love the proper tender loving care it deserves. Here is a recent picture of Selket Shadowdancer.

Member Introductions Selket_Shadowdancer_Armour

With that said I'm also currently working on a Paragon called Tormented Scream, after having played as one in PvP for a while I grew quite attached to the class and decided to start out a fresh PvE Paragon and give it some much deserved attention. I've been in many of the larger and well known Luxon guilds throughout my time in Guild Wars, like KISS, Any, Damage Radius, & GoDz etc, but have always found my preffered home to be in smaller, active, and better established communites rather than a large super guild where a players voice cannot be heard.

I'm pretty experienced and knowledgable about Guild Wars and I am always willing to help others so feel free to give me a shout if you see me online. If you have any questions feel free to ask, if you just want to say hi and have a good old chat you know where to find me. Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeternalia Fri 21 Mar - 3:30

Selket, thanks for putting some information here about yourself. I like that you are trying to get to know us before you decide to join. It shows honest, mature thinking, and is a highly desireable attribute.

The people we have here in TCK are a wide range of skill and experience levels. While some have completed different campaigns.. others are just starting prohecies as a new player. The great thing about that is that you get to experience the game from many different levels. There is usually someone on line that could use your help or knowledge, and there is just as often someone with the appropriate skill level to go Cap the elite you need, or rampage through FoW if that is what you are into. The way we can accomplish this is through our guild and our alliance. The TCK Guild has experienced players that are more than happy to hunt with you, but are usually layed back and kind of go with the flow of things. There is not too much Organized PVP or Team Builds in TCK at this time.. and it has a family oriented , tight knit atmosphere. The Higher end PVE is more likely to occur with Team Builds in TSK. They are a bit more experienced and have a bit more top end players that enjoy Farming and Title Completions and such.

The good thing about joining TCK, is that you get the best of both.. you have access to the alliance chat, and the TSK groups through that.. as well as any alliancee events and PVP that is going on, while you still get the "Friendly , everyone knows you and listens to what you have to say" feel.

There are plenty of players here that would like to learn from you as well as some you may be able to trade ideas with and learn from yourself. As long as you are having fun doing it.. I think you'll be in the right place here.

We have a couple of Military Guys here as well, I was in the US Navy, (Retired) and a few others in here have military experience. I would love to invite you as a guest, so that you can try us out, check out the chat, and get to know us a bit.. that way you can be sure we are a good fit..

If you are interested in that.. please contact myself,
Aeternalia Tenite
or one of the other officers
Lady Herodias
Pampered One

Thanks for posting.. nice meeting you!
James
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Fri 21 Mar - 18:53

Sorry, chief. I already brought him in last night before I took off to get Lady. Very Happy
He decided to join and see if we were a fit or not. Again, welcome Selket.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content