The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Build Posts

2 posters

Go down

The Build Posts Empty The Build Posts

Post by Scion Thu 9 Oct - 14:30

This thread is meant to be a depository for working builds. Sort of like a miniPvX, except with no voting or vetting process. Simply post what builds you have used that worked for you. Hero or human builds, PvE or PvP, no matter. This is not a place to discuss or argue or defend or whatever. This is simply meant to be a place where a new user or an old vet can get a feel on what others have used for a certain profession. This isn't about what is right (my builds), but what can and has worked.

---

Do not, under any circumstances, post anything other than a build according to the set template. I will edit your post if I feel happy. I will delete it otherwise.

---

Do not include PvE skill based builds. I know this may seem limiting, but it is my opinion that PvE skills broke the balance, and are way to gimmiky. If you post a giant Asuran Scan I Am The Strongest Triple Shot Spike Ranger, I will delete it. This is a place to expand yourself, not break the game.

---

Do not post team builds. This is a place for one person to come and look. Not to put together Sabway or Scytheway. Post those builds on your own threads, as they will be much more involved. See Jon's Imbagon or Dischordway posts. You'll see what I am talking about.

---

Endgame or presear builds, it doesn't matter. Post things that got you through a section of the game. Do not post the build you used to get past the dopple, but you can post the build you used to get through the Desert. See the difference? One is a gimmick, the other works in more than one situation.

---

Do not post variants. You've got a build, it works, post it. You can leave a skill blank if it can be swapped around, but don't post 2, 3, 4, 10 variants of a three skill set.

---

Lastly, do not post a build that you have not used yourself. Don't post builds someone else threw into chat, or a build you think might work.

~~~

You'll need to follow this template:

[pre][build prof][/build][/pre]
[pre][build=template code string][/pre]
[pre]template code string[/pre]

How it works:

Where I've used it:

---

Grab the code from ingame. That is, open your skill menu, click the blue button, select template code, and copy (CTRL+C) the string of charecters. You can ALT+TAB or minimize Guidwars and paste it here. Guildwars is good like that.

Post the string like this: [pre][build=OgOj8MpMLPyXobAecLuvJ2XBA][/pre] in order to post properly.

---

That's pretty much it. Remember to check out http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page for some ideas. Remember, though, the internet is a mile wide an inch deep. Lots of water, not a lot of depth.

---

Scion

Last edited by Scion on Sat 11 Oct - 19:18; edited 3 times in total
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

The Build Posts Empty Re: The Build Posts

Post by Scion Thu 9 Oct - 14:35

[build prof][/build]
[build=AoMiIHOZ8sYwYOOv5jR1sxuYA]
AoMiIHOZ8sYwYOOv5jR1sxuYA

How it works:

With Rit primary you can bump Chanelling up to 14, which gives Splinter Weapon 5 shots. Cast Splinter Weapon on yourself before a fight, then Barrage on a group of tightly packed bad guys. Lots of damage. Repeat as much as possible.

Use Spirit Rift if things are blocking or you are waiting for a Splinter Weapon recharge. Ancestor's Rage on front liners add to damage.

Distracting and Savage for interupts.

Nightmare Weapon is good for taking down one target, as it does armor ignoring damage.

Flesh for a rez.

Where I've Used It:

This is how my Rit got through every campaign. In PvP, Ancestor's and Splinter lose viability. This is strictly a PvE Human user build.
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehwyn Sat 11 Oct - 10:22

[build name="SS Physical Support" prof=N/Rt soul=8+1 curse=12+1+3 rest=2 chan=10][spiteful spirit][barbs][reckless haste][enfeebling blood][splinter weapon][ancestor's rage][signet of lost souls][flesh of my flesh][/build]

Template Code: OAhkYgHcoIqTeoMI0sDYMvZV9iB

How It Works:

Precast Splinter Weapon on melee attackers and Rangers before engaging mobs. Remember weapon spells don't stack, so don't try to double them up. This causes each attack to hit adjacent targets, very useful for spreading damage.

Enfeebling Blood is cast on physical damage dealers. Weakness reduces damage by 66%, and this spell hits a wide swatch of them.

Spiteful Spirit and Reckless Haste are cast together on a not being attacked target. You want them alive the longest in order to spread the damage from the hexes.

Using Reckless Haste and Enfeebling Blood together cause for a lot of misses and weak hits, if they land at all.

Use Barbed on called targets. It'll triggers on every physical attack. Great synergy with minions, too.

Use Ancestor's Rage on your tank or other melee for additional AoE damage.

Use Signet of Lost Souls on low-health enemies to manage your energy.

Use Flesh of my Flesh as a res.

Where I've Used It:

This build is designed for PvE use, and is useful almost everywhere, as long as you have some physical damage dealers in your party. It loses some effectiveness if you are facing a lot of caster enemies instead of physical damage dealers, but these areas are few and far between.

Heroes can use this build moderately well, but they don't always choose the best targets for Spiteful Spirit, Barbs, or Splinter Weapon. They are, however, amazingly good at using Signet of Lost Souls.

-Jonathan
Rehwyn
Rehwyn
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 109
Other games played : Too Many (Check 1up Page)
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5618825

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehwyn Sat 11 Oct - 11:28

[build name="Splinter Barrage" prof=R/Rt exp=8+1 mark=12+1+1 rest=2 chan=10][barrage][distracting shot][savage shot][splinter weapon][nightmare weapon][lightning reflexes][favorable winds][flesh of my flesh][/build]

Template Code: OggkchZcoIqyi9YqGGvaFH2dxA

How It Works:

Basically, this is the ranger version of Scion's Barrage build.

Favorable Winds is cast before combat to boost damage and make arrows harder to dodge.

Use Splinter Weapon against large groups and recast it on yourself whenever it wears off. Nightmare Weapon is for when there are only a few targets, the targets are very spread out, or Splinter Weapon wears off before the recharge time. Note that Nightmare Weapon will work on Distracting Shot and Savage Shot as well, which means you can spam them for a quick armor-ignoring spike and self-heal.

Lightning Reflexes is both to boost your damage and your defense.

Where I've Used It:

Tested it out a bit in Isle of the Nameless on a PvP ranger. Attempted to use it on a hero, but they failed at using the weapon spells right.

-Jonathan

Last edited by Rehwyn on Sun 12 Oct - 18:37; edited 3 times in total
Rehwyn
Rehwyn
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehwyn Sun 12 Oct - 11:29

[build name="Conjure Cleaver" prof=W/E str=8+1 axe=12+1+1 air=10][cleave][dismember][executioner's strike][cyclone axe][flail][enraging charge][conjure lightning][resurrection signet][/build]

Template Code: OQYTg0IK55pEVgKKF+qhtbIAAA

How It Works:

You will need an axe that does lightning damage to make this build work (in other words, it needs a Shocking Axe Haft). Having an air staff with 20% longer enchantments that you can swap to is also ideal but not necessary. You can use any of the Conjure spells, but make sure you have an axe that does the right type of elemental damage. I chose Lightning because it seems fewer things have high armor against it.

Before combat, swap to your staff (if you have it) and use Conjure Lightning. If Conjure Lightning wears off during combat, swap to your staff, reapply Conjure Lightning, swap back to axe, and go back to attacking. If you're target is close to death, finish it off first and then reapply the Conjure spell.

Use Enraging Charge to close in on your target at the beginning of combat and during combat when changing targets.

Use Flail after you start attacking your target, unless you're having to chase something that is running. Re-use it whenever it wears off if you're hitting something.

Use Cyclone Axe when near several enemies to quickly build adrenaline, preferably when your other attacks are at low adrenaline.

Spam Cleave whenever it fills for good damage.

Use Dismember to apply the Deep Wound condition.

Use Executioner's Strike for additional damage.

Res with signet.

Where I've Used It:

I've used a slightly-modified version of this build in Random Arenas and AB. I've also used it on a hero with good results in PvE.

The build works well even without the Conjure spell, though it will have a bit lower damage. This is a good option in areas with a lot of enchantment removal. Simply replace the Conjure spell with another skill (such as Lion's Comfort), drop Air Magic to 0, raise Strength to 12+1, and use a Vampiric or Sundering Axe instead.

-Jonathan
Rehwyn
Rehwyn
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehwyn Sun 12 Oct - 19:43

[build name="WoH Hybrid" prof=Mo/E heal=10+1+1 pro=11+1 div=10+1][Word of Healing][Patient Spirit][Dismiss Condition][Cure Hex][Shield of Absorption][Protective Spirit][Aegis][Glyph of Lesser Energy][/build]

How It Works:

The popup info for both Word of Healing and Patient Spirit is slightly wrong, but functionally the same. Check in-game for updated versions.

Word of Healing is your main healing spell. Use it on people actively taking damage. It is most effective on people below half health, but is still good if their health is above half. Don't overheal with it during combat, as that wastes energy (no point in healing someone at 90% health since they are only down ~50 Health).

Patient Spirit is your backup heal and your spot heal. Use it on people that are around 60-75% Health but aren't currently taking damage. Because it's very fast casting, it's also good if you are getting interrupted a lot or are Dazed.

Use Dismiss Condition to remove dangerous conditions, such as Dazed, Blind, Deep Wound, or Weaken. If you're facing a lot of conditions, it's generally better to ignore conditions like Burning, Bleeding, or Poison and just heal the damage they cause.

Use Cure Hex as both a heal and to remove hexes. Works best on people that have lost health and are hexed, but don't be afraid to use it on someone with full health if they have a very dangerous hex on them.

Use Shield of Absorption on people getting hit by a lot of bad guys.

Use Protective Spirit on people taking big damage, such as from an elementalist. This spell is particularly important on Hard Mode.

Use Aegis at the beginning of battle when facing physical damage dealers. Use it on recharge if things aren't dead or dying.

Use Glyph of Lesser Energy whenever you can, preferably before Aegis or Protective Spirit. It is your main source of energy management.

There is intentionally no resurrect ability on this bar. Usually, if a monk stops healing for 3-6 seconds during combat to resurrect someone, a different party member will die. Just make sure your party knows you don't have a res and that they should bring some. If no one else can bring a hard res, swap Aegis/Protective Spirit/SoA for Rebirth and only use Rebirth when not in combat.

Where I've Used It:

I've used this on my monk through a good bit of Factions and Eye of the North. I often use it on heroes as well since they're pretty good at using it. If used on a hero, I'd suggest replacing Protective Spirit with Guardian, since heroes will tend to over-spam PS and run out of energy.

If you're grouped with another monk, find out if any of your protection prayers overlap. Having two copies of Aegis is good if you time them so they don't overlap, but having two Protective Spirits is usually unnecessary and one copy should be replaced with another prot, such as Spirit Bond.

-Jonathan
Rehwyn
Rehwyn
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down