The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Changes for Vent: Posting for Alliance Board

Go down

Possible Changes for Vent: Posting for Alliance Board Empty Possible Changes for Vent: Posting for Alliance Board

Post by Lady Herodias Fri 15 Aug - 20:58

I just looked at the Alliance Board and notice this post regarding possible changes to vent. Thought I would share it with you. Ill keep you posted if anything else changes.

Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:11 pm by Maaya

I couldn't help but notice that our peak/max users online at one given point was between 23 and 26 users.

In view of members from the sister alliance joining us in our Vent server, I've been considering a few changes.

1. Upgrade from 50-man to a 75-man server to accomodate additional people.

2. Channel-creation policy change: Each guild will have their main channel, and will be permitted to create up to 4 sub-channels within that main channel. This is a change from previously permitting as many channels as there are officers(and leader). Same underlying principle though, that I prefer "if you don't need/use it, don't create it." Considering there are 8 guilds in TSK alliance, and another 8 guilds in Ice alliance, this change will hopefully reduce as well as avoid cluttering.

3. Limit PvP/PvE-specific channels to the communal alliance channels, instead of allowing individual guilds to have their separate channels for these purposes. If there aren't enough of these, obviously more will be made to meet the needs. This will hopefully encourage inter-guild/alliance involvement and mingling.

4. Revert back to the two-level password system, instead of the current Channel Auth system that I've been testing out. Channel Auth has its potential to be powerful in controlling who can enter where(only the authorized can enter a Chan Auth-protected channel), but requires too much maintenance and seems currently buggy at best. The two-level password system involves the main password required at login to enter the server, and a secondary one-time password that is required to enter a password-protected channel and its sub-channels.

These changes are still mostly being considered, with final decision yet to be made. Any input, comments, questions, discussions, suggestions are welcome here, or whispered to me ingame.

#1 will be implemented ASAP, while the rest will... probably be slowly phased in during the weekend and finished next week if there are no objections.
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 506
Other games played : 2 Moons, Lineage 2
Registration date : 2008-02-24

http://gunterandann.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down