The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

challange posting

4 posters

Go down

challange posting Empty challange posting

Post by catra Tue 28 Oct - 14:55

Can we please post challanges a day or two Before they get done. That way everyone sees them in time. Posting them the day of does not give enough notice for those that come on late that day.
Thank You
catra
catra
catra
Shield Bearer

Female
Number of posts : 27
Other games played : none at this time
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

challange posting Empty Re: challange posting

Post by Aeternalia Tue 28 Oct - 15:22

I agree Catra, it is not enough notice. In fact, we encourage people to post them as soon as they think of them! You will notice that it is usually an officer that posts on the Friday or the Monday of the challenge or mission night. This has been happening because no members have been taking the initiative to post what they would like to do.

The Challenge Nights and Mission Nights are set up as first come first served as far as the ideas on the boards, so mostly the officers hang back and don't post anything to give the members every opportunity to get their ideas in. We would like the members ideas to come first if there are any.. Unfortunately this usually ends up with no one posting about it.. and then the day of the event comes around, and the officers think.. "hey .. tonight is mission night and we still don't have a mission scheduled.. I better put one up".

So , we end up with Gunter , or Di, or me or some other officer posting up an idea that we thought of at the spur of the moment.. or that we had been thinking about lately and it gets to be the first idea , sometimes the only idea, in the thread.

My solution to this..

I was thinking that we do seem to get some feedback in the post and about the event AFTER we post about it.. so perhaps on Monday, or even Today for example (Tuesday) we should post the event notice in the forums.. without a suggtestion, and allow people to post their ideas in there.. instead of requiring them to make a post for their ideas.. maybe easier for everyone? hey.. if it gets suggestions for the events coming in.. I'm all for it.

Comments?

James
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki Tue 28 Oct - 16:24

Yeah, having the threads ready is a good idea. All the ideas would be in one thread to decide from. Having a few days notice would be nice, in case we need to get any characters to a specific area, or get a specific skill to go with. Also, a few people don't like taking the initiative when it comes to stuff like this, but having the threads already open kind of gives an open platform for everyone.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Tue 28 Oct - 21:46

Thank you for the defense of the officership James. A very accurate rebuttal. It would be very nice to have someone take the initiative other than us. We do the same sequence each week....Monday we do a Challenge ....Wednesday we work with under level 20's.....and Friday's we do Missions. Been that way for over 6 months.

Franc, though, is correct when he says many don't want to take the initiative. Sad, but true. We will try to have a pre-event post up that people can respond too....though it would still be nice to have people take a lead.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by catra Wed 29 Oct - 9:11

Sorry I did not mean to sound nasty it was just for those of us on the other side, we do not get on at the same times as you all over there. For those of us that play mostly on daytime and would like to do those events we catch them to late. Most of us on the other time zones than PT are leaving or have left when you all come on.

I also think we need to annouce the boards again since we have new members. Just posting it on guild chat does not seem to work when the message is always the same. You could always post the challange on guild chat. I think that was done but with everything else there it is hard to catch.
catra
catra
Shield Bearer

Female
Number of posts : 27
Other games played : none at this time
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down