The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to post a picture on the forums

5 posters

Go down

How to post a picture on the forums Empty How to post a picture on the forums

Post by Danny Thu 31 Jul - 17:23

How about a Tutorial on how to post a picture to the website, I am a tech guru but have no idea where to start in posting an image to this site. Maybe I am the only one that is forumly challenged but maybe not

di daanq alien
di danq cheers
di muerte alien
di moine farao
di fleche Suspect
little di I love you
di magie albino
da daanq
king
aka Dan sunny
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

How to post a picture on the forums Empty Re: How to post a picture on the forums

Post by Scion Thu 31 Jul - 17:47

Easiest way to go, I say, is to get a photo online somewheres, first. I use www.servimg.com for random uploads and such. Flickr is for organized photos. Shameless plug: www.flickr.com/photos/raraavisa is my wife's page, she is learning quickly.

Nevertheless. This guide will get you through taking a photo from your computer, onto the great online, and back to these forums.

So you signed up for servimg, you logged on. Slap the upload button on the lefthand side, then use the Browse.. button in the middle to find your picture on your computer.

You don't want to resize it. Then click 'host it'. The webpage will think for a while, depending on the size of the shot.

This is why I love servimg: Once the photo is loaded, it's got the links for how you want it displayed right there, just copy and paste the BBCode into the forums.

Thumbnail, click to view whole size:

How to post a picture on the forums Marrie10

Or, whole size. If you are going to do lots of pictures, or upload a giant pic, don't do this, do the thumbnail.

How to post a picture on the forums Marrie10

This is me a year ago, when I just got hitched. -EDIT I'm the dude. END EDIT-

Remember to hit the preview button before you post, then you can see if you messed up, or how it looks, etc etc.

Scion
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

How to post a picture on the forums Empty Re: How to post a picture on the forums

Post by Hadouken Thu 31 Jul - 23:06

man i was thinking of posting a screenshot/image guide, guess I've been dragging my heels a bit. I'll get that screenshot guide up later today.

Btw, nice pic Scion! i didn't know you were married or in the service. Your wife's gallery is great, definitely gotta poke around in there more later tonight.

EDIT: Moving this thread to the Player Guides Forum. jocolor
Hadouken
Hadouken
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Herodias Thu 31 Jul - 23:34

Thanks Di for the request...as well as Scion for your guide. I guess I take it for granted that everyone instinctively knows how to post pictures, lol then its because I am always posting pictures on photo sites.

Anyway I do like your pictures Scion...you have a beautiful wife, you look quite happy going down the aisle. Grrrrr love men in military suits (I mean the way they look)!

Lady
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 506
Other games played : 2 Moons, Lineage 2
Registration date : 2008-02-24

http://gunterandann.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Fri 1 Aug - 14:27

I know it is primitive, but I use this forum's own hosting. It only takes a moment actually, but there is a quirk or 2 too it. I only use this for images I already have on my computer, like screenshots of chats with delusional people, I want to post. Just click on the little button titled "Host an Image" right above where you are typing your post. First thing that pops up is a selection for a file or url. For pics on the comp, choose file then hit browse. Find the pic on your comp and hit select. Now it pops to another screen that gives u 3 choices. Choose the middle one that saya image. Do NOT use the copy button provided. It is funky. Just click ONCE in the bar and it highlights the entire file upload location. Right click in it, copy, then paste it into your post. Done. here's one from my work comp.

How to post a picture on the forums Jessic10

It will show as a long line but if you want to see the photo before posting, just hit the preview button at the bottom of the posting page. Thats all there is to it. Takes about 10 seconds to post it for me.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

How to post a picture on the forums Empty A shy DI

Post by Danny Mon 4 Aug - 23:53

How to post a picture on the forums Di_daa14

Thanks for all the help guys...I subscribe to the KISS philosophy and Gunther's seem to fit the bill. I tried to make the photo as small (kb) as I could for the site. Let me know if this works for you.

sunny Di Daanq
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down