The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xunlai Tournament Prediction Guide

4 posters

Go down

Xunlai Tournament Prediction Guide Empty Xunlai Tournament Prediction Guide

Post by Hadouken Wed 26 Nov - 9:59

Want to make about 100k each month with only 15 minutes of work? Then you need to check out the Xunlai Tornament House Wink

Each month there are automated GvG and 1v1 tournaments. Eveyone is allowed to try and predict the top 8 for these two tournaments. Depending on how accurate your picks are, you win a number of Tournament Reward Points. Now tourney points by themselves are worth squat. But you can trade them for Zaishen Keys which are worth 5k each.

How to Make Tournament Predictions

• First of all, you have to register a name with your account. Just talk to Tolkano [Tournament] in the Great Temple of Balthazar, or in the guild hall.

• Next you need to register on the Xunlai Tournament House Website. Just follow the instructions and remember to check your inbox for the confirmation email.

• Log into the Xunlai Tournament House Website and click on "Make My GvG Predictions" at the bottom of the page. Then just drag and drop the guilds onto the ladder to make your predictions...that's all there is to it.

• You wont receive your tourney points until the first week of the next month. Check the official site to see exactly when. Then you'll need to talk to Kun Shao [Xunlai Tournament Agent] in the Temple of Balthazar to claim your tournament points and you're done!

What to Do With Your Tournament Points?
Go back to Tolkano [Tournament] to spend your points. You can use them to upgrade the appearance of your PvP character's armor and weapons (details are here), or you can trade 5 Points for 1 Zaishen Key. You can sell Zaishen Keys to other players for up to 5k each! The best place to do this is the Temple of Balthazar AED1.

If you dont want to sell the keys, you can also use them to open the Zaishen Chest in the Isle of the Nameless. The items that drop from the chest range in value from 1g to over 100k (details for the chest are here).

Good Luck! jocolor

Last edited by Xanthos on Tue 20 Oct - 10:13; edited 1 time in total
Hadouken
Hadouken
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Xunlai Tournament Prediction Guide Empty Re: Xunlai Tournament Prediction Guide

Post by Hadouken Wed 26 Nov - 10:13

And 2 minutes after i finish typing that last post i find the old Xunlai Tournament Thread Evil or Very Mad

I covered everything from the old post, but here's some tips from James:

But Who Do I Pick?
I usually open a second browser (or second tab if your using a tabbed browser) then navigate back to the Xunlai house.. select competitive play link and look at the GvG Ladder, this is a list of all the GvG teams that are playing. They have the ability to sort this list by any column.. select the last Column that says "QP"

This stands for "Qualifying Points" sort the list by this column. once you have it sorted.. look at the teams that are qualified (have 20 qualifying points) and are rated high.. (the first column is the teams rating.. low is better 1 is number one rating ) select your eight teams from teams that have high qualified points and are currently high on the ladder(meaning near the top .. I usually select teams in the top 50. Place them where you think they will win.

All you have to do is wait now.. you may want to go back and double check your picks around the 24th of the month.. that's when the deadline is drawing near and if some top rated teams waited to get qualified (trying to sandbag) you can then change your picks to reflect the most accurate list of qualified teams.
Thanks to James and Rade for the original posts.
Hadouken
Hadouken
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Vane (TSK) Wed 26 Nov - 16:54

Just a little tip, choosing teams based on number of qualifier points is not a good idea.
Lots of the very good teams (rawr comes to mind here) only get enough points to make the cut
i.e 20 points, so you would not even have them on your list or would have them very low, if you go just based on qualifier points.

If you want a good judge of who to pick there is a thread on guildwars guru, in the gvg section, usually titled something like Nov Tourny predictions, or something like that, READ IT. Also in that thread there will more than likely a post by Asplode, READ THAT CAREFULLY!! He/she does not give certain spots for teams but his post alone will
give you a great general idea of who should go where.

To give you an idea I used his post alone last time, and on the 5 accounts I use I got 3 with 205 points and 2 with 150 points, that's 183 zkeys.
Vane (TSK)
Vane (TSK)
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Wed 26 Nov - 22:56

Or, if that seems like simply too much homework (and who likes homework???) simply do as I do an choose the most clever names and place them in order of preferance...

Got 160 points last month on my one and only account that way *grin*

After all, a team that has a clever name MUST have SOMETHING going for them...right???

(My point being that you do not have to do homework or have any forethought whatsoever to just slot the names in and get *something* in the way of points... it is easy. Really. Try it!! Make money! Buy keys! Buy Clothing!!!!

That way we will have the best dressed guild in the game, because we already have the BEST LOOKING of course!!!! *smile*)

Nicolette
(Game Nurse)
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by funky Thu 27 Nov - 1:09

Thanks for all the info/tips