The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My warrior build

5 posters

Go down

My warrior build Empty My warrior build

Post by Danny Sat 20 Sep - 10:07

[build prof = Warrior/Monk][Eviscerate][I will avenge you!][Executioner's strike][Disrupting Chop][Lacerating Chop][Penetrating Chop][Bull's Strike][Rebirth][/build]

OK I am ready but be kind. No out right ROFLMAO comments are necessary. Smile I know there are difinte weaknesses in this build. It takes a whuile to build adrenalin for one. I seem to fall down a lot too.

MY Attributes are Strength 12, AXE 14, tactics 9 (need tactics for shield)

weapon = Fiery Blade Axe of Fortitude Fire dmg 6-28/ Inscrip "Strength and Honor" / Dmg +15 w heath abbove 50% / Heath +30

shield = Serrated Shield Armor 16 (req 9 tactics) Receive physical damage -2 (while in stance), Health +30 ( I know it is wimpy but I am looking for a better one that does not req tactics)

There I am fully exposed for your critique, all suggestions and constructive criticisms are appreciated. Insults, jokes, and making fun of the old man will be tolerated.

PS>>>I have all chapters and EOTN should you want to suggest skills.
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

My warrior build Empty Re: My warrior build

Post by Scion Sat 20 Sep - 11:24

Dan,

How do you get your skills to 14/12/9? What runes do you use? You need a Strength shield, for certain. Tactics is lame-o, and you'd be much better off just going 14/13 with two minors and a helmet.

Try some farming: http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dredge_Incisor

Pick up the Strength shield, bonuses while in stance. With the build below, you should be pretty set.

--

I Will Avenge You - Remove - I know that regen is fun, but 45 second recharge is killer. Ten seconds out of every forty-five only if there are dead bodies around isn't helpful. Better skills can be used.

Lacerating Chop only really does the fun when someone is knocked down. You have no other knockdown skills.

--

So now we are here:

[build prof=Warrior/Monk][Eviscerate][No Skill][Executioner's Strike][Disrupting Chop][No Skill][Penetrating Chop][Bull's Strike][Rebirth][/build]

Now, with those two empty spots, add an IAS and a Move Faster:

[build prof=Warrior/Monk][Eviscerate][Sprint][Executioner's Strike][Disrupting Chop][Flail][Penetrating Chop][Bull's Strike][Rebirth][/build]

A little cleanup:

[build prof=Warrior/Monk][Eviscerate][Executioner's Strike][Disrupting Chop][Penetrating Chop][Bull's Strike][Flail][Sprint][Rebirth][/build]

Use 1, 2, 3 as a spike. Most things will try to heal themselves after getting hit like that, so Disrupting Chop is a good move.

Penetrating all the time. Bull's when you catch something.

Flail to hit faster, Sprint to move faster.

Rebirth to save from party wipe.

--

It has been argued that [[Cleave] is better Elite than Evicerate, due to the fact that there is [[Dismember], which causes Deep Wound for 5 Adrenaline, and Cleave, which does big damage for 4 Adrenaline. That arguement can go either way. I'm a fan of Cleave. More attacks are better'n one big attack, I say.

Scion
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahou Anansi Sat 20 Sep - 18:10

[build prof=][/build]

Not going to suggest alternate build, just a few skills and recommend you play with them and see if any suit. Scion's comments are all good. Esp. the ones about choosing to focus on str/axe or keep the str/axe/tactics split. I've done both - each can work - depending.

You do (correctly) point out that you have a *lot* of very costly adrenal skills in your original build, and you have few ways of "powering" them. There are three things that help:

- limit adrenal skills to 3, fill in rest with skill that use power
- use an attack faster skill, since more hits is more adrenaline
- use skills which boost adrenaline

You just need to find the right combination for you to power the skills you want.

Here are a couple of power (not adrenal) axe skills you could mix in with the adrenal's

[axe rake] [critical chop] [cyclone axe]

Cyclone has the added benefit of even more adrenaline if you have more than one adjacent foe.

For attacking faster, I do like [flail] but it uses Adrenaline, I often pair it with [Enraging Charge] not [sprint] so you can move fast into combat *and start out with 4 strikes (3 from enraging, 1 from first hot) of adrenaline to get it going fast. If I use it though, I like a cripple ability somewhere in my bar. You can also use [Frenzy] which uses power with the [Sprint]. Since frenzy has the penalty that you take double damage you *need* some other stance (like Sprint) so that you can cancel Frenzy by using Sprint if you start taking too much damage.

For skills to pump adrenaline, there are [For Great Justice] and [To The Limit].

You could also consider using the elite [Battle Rage] in an axe build. Since as scion stated you can use [dismember].

So, just some skills you may want to see if you can grab and play with and see how they work for you.
Ahou Anansi
Ahou Anansi
Shield Bearer

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehwyn Sat 20 Sep - 20:54

Pretty much agree with both posters so far. I'd use Enraging Charge and Flail as my stances for PvE, since the 33% slower move speed on Flail is less of an issue there.

Regarding Cleave vs. Eviscerate, it's really a matter of if you want a spammable +dmg skill (Cleave) or one that provides bar compression by putting both +dmg and DW in one skill (Eviscerate). Personally, I'd use Cleave in PvE for more consistent DPS, but would consider using Eviscerate in PvP for spiking and so I could more easily fit some other utility abilities.
Rehwyn
Rehwyn
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 109
Other games played : Too Many (Check 1up Page)
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5618825

Back to top Go down

Post by Ternnel Stronghold Tue 30 Sep - 15:16

Not going to comment on the skills (Because people are already doing a fine job of that) but instead I will suggest a good place to get a strength shield. I have found if you go to Gunnar's Hold and talk to Kilroy Stonekin you can do a brawling minigame get to the mini mission and farm it you get a ton of max lvl drops, It is really easy you do not need any skills to do it because it will automatically give you certian skills and set your health to 500. In addition you will get 3 skills for your warrior(ear bite, brawling headbutt, and low blow)which you may use in pve.

P.S.-

Gunnar's hold is the third town in EotN it is early in the expansion.

hope it helps
-ternnel Very Happy
Ternnel Stronghold
Ternnel Stronghold
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Tue 30 Sep - 15:23

Thanks Ternnel and everyone else also.