The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ahou Anansi & Ternnel Stronghold joint application (Status: TCK Member)

+3
Lady Herodias
HeavyMetalHead
Ahou Anansi
7 posters

Go down

Ahou Anansi & Ternnel Stronghold joint application (Status: TCK Member) Empty Ahou Anansi & Ternnel Stronghold joint application (Status: TCK Member)

Post by Ahou Anansi Fri 15 Aug - 2:31

Note: These are two separate accounts played by two family members. We apply as a pair.

APPLICATION

1. Your In-Game Names and classes and what made you choose these names:
One:
Ternnel Stronghold - W/R - sounded like a good warrior name, completely random

Two:
Ahou Anansi - N/Mo - Ahou is a Baoule (French West African area tribe) day name for a female born on Thursday, Anansi is a spider god if the same area (now famous from a Neil Gaiman novel) who does bad things but in Baoule typically gets punished in the end
Ahou Menuette - P/Me - Ahou see above, Menuette was the name of my EQ1 bard and the paragon chants reminded me of Bard-like abilities
Silver Catte - N/Mo (#2) - silver colored necro that looks catlike to me
Song of Swani - P/A - Swani is an alternate spelling of Suwanee, Seminole female name meaning Echo, so an Echo Song, seemed to fit a Paragon
Lu Mei - M/E - named by my daughter Lu (with Umlaut falling tone) is green, Mei even tone is little sister
Silver Harvest - D/W - went with Silver Catte but for a Dervish
Chocolate Addiction - Me/Mo - umm, I have one

2. Chapters of Guild Wars that you own and how long you have played them:

One:
Prophecies & GWEN, about a week

Two:
All, Prophecies I beat when it came out (as a mesmer then), and just returned a week ago with my son and got the others

3. What is your real life Age, first name(for that familiar touch) and
Gender, (and it's ok to be an ingame crossdresser, our leader is):

One:
15 (almost 16), Alexander, male

Two:
44, Lora, female

4. Location, in the real world (feel free to be as specific or
non-specific as you wish. It's just nice to know where you are at in
the world and what may be going on around you):

Both:
NC, USA

5. Times and days you play:

Both:
varies, we home school and follow a year-round school calender, either may be on for short bits of time

6. Do you have Ventrilo? (this is not a requirement but it makes things a
darn site easier to teach and learn through. We have an Alliance server)

One:
no

Two:
yes, but going deaf

We both prefer not to use it.

7. What do you expect from the guild, and try to elaborate about your needs:
One:
Friendly and talkative people that aren't too immature. I also want people that won't be bothered if I learn/do some PvP on my own time.

Two:
Friendly people to hang out with. I'm fairly low maintenance.

8. In couple of sentences introduce yourself?
One:
I am a teenager, but I consider myself mature for my age. I have a sense of humor.

Two:
Middle-aged female gamer, geek, retired engineer. My son says I should warn you I have a sense of humor, too.

9. What do you like to do in the game, what do you think you can
contribute to our guild, and what would you like to accomplish in the
game?
One:
I like to do both PvE and PvP and haven't decided which one I like more. I am a casual player. I am willing to share items and gold to the guild bank (if there is one in this game) and like to group. I will accomplish whatever I can within the times that I play. I want to have fun and have others have fun around me.

Two:
I prefer PvE but have been known to dabble in PvP. I prefer to play competently, but am also a casual player and relaxed about my achievement level. I can help with group missions if I have a character that can get to them if I can stay online long enough. Since I'm just restarting GW it may be a while before I have many helpful characters and relearn things. I can be social. I want to have fun, socialize and explore.

10. Tell us how you found out about us. If you are a referral from another
guild member or a guild, we would like to know.
GW unofficial site forum boards post by guild recruiter

11. Any other information about your self or your GW experiences you
feel we should know or that you want to share.
One:
I am a newbie. I like to learn stuff on my own even if that means dying in the process unless others will be effected by me dying.

Two:
I used to know what I was doing, well ... kind of, but after two years I bet I don't. So errr, I'm a re-newb. I have a bit of experience gaming, casually, in other games too.
Ahou Anansi
Ahou Anansi
Shield Bearer

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

Ahou Anansi & Ternnel Stronghold joint application (Status: TCK Member) Empty Re: Ahou Anansi & Ternnel Stronghold joint application (Status: TCK Member)

Post by HeavyMetalHead Fri 15 Aug - 3:00

First time I've seen a mother-son duo in the guild. We already have two father-son duos, so you two balance us out some. Anyway, welcome to the guild. We hope you two enjoy yourselves and enjoy the guild.

And yes, we have a guild bank. You can make donations anytime our leader is on, since he handles it. We're also very casual, so you have nothing to worry about. Except how eccentric some of the guild members are, and we get pretty eccentric at times.

- Adrian Redgrave
(Andrew)
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Ahou Anansi & Ternnel Stronghold joint application (Status: TCK Member) Empty Re: Ahou Anansi & Ternnel Stronghold joint application (Status: TCK Member)

Post by Lady Herodias Fri 15 Aug - 3:48

Lol...Adrian,

Your right...we do get a eccentric dont we...saying it mildly.

Welcome Ternnel and Ahou to our community. I love the historical backgrounds to your names! It reminds me of how names have such a rich heritage. We have a nice blend of international people, families and couples here. You definitely will enjoy our diversity!

Holler if you want some company; there is always someone willing to group with you!

Lady H
aka Ann
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 506
Other games played : 2 Moons, Lineage 2
Registration date : 2008-02-24

http://gunterandann.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Fri 15 Aug - 4:25

Yeah, our eccentric guild chat is mild compared to the alliance chat and vent channels at times, especially for ECTO. They're absolutely crazy, to say the least! Before you two ask, ECTO is the alliance's Player vs Player (PvP) guild.

A current example of our "eccentric" banter is a current sanctioned betting pool. I have a topic based on it with the rules in the Community section. Another bit of "eccentric" banter is any of Nurse's extremely extroverted personality being leaked via the chat and/or vent. Not to say it's that bad, it's a welcome change from some of the extreme introverts. *cough*Bors*cough*

-Adrian Redgrave
(Andrew)
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Fri 15 Aug - 16:32

Lol very true Adrian. Welcome to Mom and Son. I noticed the flavor of names you used have some international flavors...African, French, Seminole Indian, and Asian. We have a rather diverse group here already and would be really neat to add to that flavor. Perchance do you hail culturally or ethnically from any of those backgrounds?

we currently have Filipino, Chinese, German(moi), Australian, New Zealander, British, Canadian, and I'm sure others I am forgetting atm in our mix. Add to this our American southerners, Northeners , MidWestern, and East & West coasters. Well we certainly look interesting on paper, hehe.

Regardless, I like the names and welcome to our guild. Oh, anf BTW...Lady Herodias has 2 characters that are all about the chocolate too....Mui Chocolatier is one that comes to mind. gotta love the chocolate.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeternalia Fri 15 Aug - 17:49

Great app from both of you !

Look forward to getting to know you ..

See you in the game.

James
Aeternalia Tenite
Aiko Tenite
Cyndane Tenite
Porphyry Carteradin
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Ahou Anansi & Ternnel Stronghold joint application (Status: TCK Member) Empty You probably weren't guessing Cherokee and Hispanic?

Post by Ahou Anansi Fri 15 Aug - 23:31

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. My son registered for the site using his character name but hasn't posted yet ... I think. I would say, sadly, we're just boring southern (US) rednecks, but ...

Our family is culturally and racially mixed. But not the cultures and races my character names are however! For the names I blame my adopted mother, a retired cultural anthropologist who lived in French West Africa (back when it was called that in the 1950s). Her day name was Ahou when she lived there. My uncle was N'Guessan. She exposed me to as many cultures and languages as she could, and I continue to like to learn about places and people other than where I live. My daughter is taking Chinese in college and helped name the monk for me before she went back this week.

While my adopted family (German immigrants, and I was raised speaking some German too) considered me mixed-race, I'm just the Cherokee "trapper mix" (Scotch-Irish-Cherokee) that my daughter, rightfully so, claims most of the south east US is racially anyway. Its funny since in my biological family you look one or the other. I look Irish, my next sister looks Scottish and the youngest looks like an Indian, but we all have the high cheekbones olive Cherokee skin (of varying shades) and rarely sunburn even if we wear no sunscreen. Go figure.

My son is even more mixed. If you don't have any hispanics yet, you do now. My husband (who does not game!) is Nicaraguan. My kids hate filling out forms where you have to pick a race (just one?!?!). So, with the Spanish/Central American side, and one kid learning Chinese and the other trying to learn Urdu (from a neighbor) - we have many more sources for names untapped! =O

The Chocolate name I blame completely on the substance. =P
Ahou Anansi
Ahou Anansi
Shield Bearer

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizard Sat 16 Aug - 18:40

Welcome both of you to TCK
if you have question feel free to ask
if you want someone to play with feel free to ask
have fun in the guild and see you in game

Jay
Wizard
Wizard
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Sat 16 Aug - 19:30

Hey there Ahou!!!

I have yet to meet you in the game...but I am looking forward to it! I too am a mixed bag of ethnic flavours...namely Dutch/Scottish/French/Indonesian and some Native American thrown in for good measure!! And now I live in Canada, so I am all over the board....

Please look me up when you see me on, I hope to play with you sometime! We have quite the female party group starting up...so come and join us!! (The guys are always welcome too of course, but be prepared to talk about chick things!!!!)

And I am not in the least eccentric...I just love to chat and like to have fun... I am saving eccentricity for when I turn 70 and start dressing my dogs in frilly lacy things, while I wear paisley and plaid at the same time, and invite random strangers on the street to come for tea *grin*.

Nicolette
(Game Nurse)
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down