The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild wars 2 beta weekend

2 posters

Go down

Guild wars 2 beta weekend Empty Guild wars 2 beta weekend

Post by Danny Wed 25 Apr - 6:27

Well I am downloading the beta client as I type. It is the first open beta which means I can talk about it as much as I want. All beta events to date have been closed and required a non disclosure agreement.

I prepurchased GW2 so I get in on the betas from here on in. I have til Friday to decide what I will start with, I am probably going to go with warrior and the char race.

I willl be Di Not.9470, if anyone is going to be there.

See ya online
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Guild wars 2 beta weekend Empty Re: Guild wars 2 beta weekend

Post by Trytan Thu 26 Apr - 22:52

I was so bummed out when the pre-order announcement came out....I went to the site eagerly awaiting to fork out my hard earned cash but was more than a little disappointed to realize that my computer doesn't even meet the minimum requirements......funny because this computer was near top of the line when I bought it around the same time that GW1 came out. Considering how long they've been working on GW2 I figured I was at least going to meet minimum specs and just deal with some lag and minimum graphic settings.....but to not even be able to play the game after waiting so long....seriously bummed out over here..... Sad

Looks like it's going to be a few more years until I get to play GW2......My computer still works perfectly fine and I can't justify dropping several hundred dollars just to play a $60 game..........Sad.......Unless it blows GW1 out of the water while still maintaining the uniqueness and spirit of it. Keep me posted as to how good it is....If it's the be all and end all of gaming then maybe I can ask my wife really nicely.....on second thought.... "accidentally" spilling something in the vicinity of my tower may be much easier Wink
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Fri 27 Apr - 16:03

Sorry to hear that Trytan, but it is understandable. Unfortunately PCs outdate themselves almost as soon as you buy them.
I found this site http://www.guildwars2live.com/ that will allow you to at least watch the action. It will be streaming GW2 as of 3pm est and I guess will have some kind of commentary.

I will be logging in at 3pm, and will post my server as soon as I select one. The only basis I intend to use is availability and saturation if they give that option. I will opt for the least populated server if I get that oppurtunity.

Will post again at 3pm or just after that Smile
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content