The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Wars 2 Release

3 posters

Go down

Guild Wars 2 Release Empty Guild Wars 2 Release

Post by Trytan Fri 13 Nov - 15:25

In a conference call with investors a few days back the CEO of NCSoft West gave some details (kind of) about when we can expect Guild Wars 2 to be released. There are articles about this all over now on gaming websites here is a link to one of them.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6239468.html?tag=result;title;0

And here is the quotation of what the CEO said about the release.

"I believe there will be a certain public event in the year 2010, so at this point it could be at least a closed beta test for [Guild Wars 2 and Korea-oriented martial-arms MMOG Blade & Soul]," he said. "The commercialization will be expected at this point probably sometime in the year 2011."

There are a lot of maybe's and probably's in there but it kind of confirms what was released in the NCSoft reports from near the beginning of the year. From the official Guild Wars 2 FAQ it says that the time between the closed beta and final release of the game will be much shorter than it was for the original Guild Wars. So if NCSoft expects ANet to hold the beta in 2010 than that would point towards a release date of early 2011 at the very latest. In that case Guild Wars 2 is likely a bit over a year away still (at the latest).

After seeing the trailer I was starting to hope that we might have seen a mid-late 2010 release but at least early 2011 sounds a lot better than 2011. I've got more than enough stuff to finish off in GW1 for the next year. And I'm glad that NCSoft isn't pushing ANet to release a semi-finished game just for the sake of getting it out to market. It sucks waiting but the longer we wait the more they can put into it and the better it will end up being after all is said and done.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars 2 Release Empty Re: Guild Wars 2 Release

Post by Game Nurse Fri 13 Nov - 21:17

Well, I cannot blame them for putting the date off.

WoW will be realeasing their new expansion next year AND Star Wars is coming out AND Star Trek ONline AND Final Fantasy 14 AND the new Age of Conan expansion AND the new LotRO expansion (Riders of Rohan anyone??)...

2010 is going to be an incredibly busy year for MMO players!!!!

By 2011 everyone will be looking for something new to do.

I hate waiting, but I certainly hope all of us stay in touch through this forum and the game itself!!!
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Thu 26 Nov - 23:32

Found this a little while ago and though I'd post it here. A nice and well organized recap article of all of the official Guild Wars info that has come out thru various interviews etc.

http://www.iloveguildwars.com/2009/11/07/guild-wars-2-what-we-know/
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 Fri 27 Nov - 2:36

wow im pysched! less skills? more diversty THHHBBBB gay
Acolyte41