The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Year....2010 is almsot here!!!!!! What's the plan???

+2
Trytan
Game Nurse
6 posters

Go down

Next Year....2010 is almsot here!!!!!! What's the plan??? Empty Next Year....2010 is almsot here!!!!!! What's the plan???

Post by Game Nurse Wed 23 Dec - 18:40

OKay people!!!

The new year is almost here, can you believe it?????

I am just wondering, what MMOs are you guys planning on trying? Any that strike your fancy while we patiently (well, ok maybe not PATIENTLY!!) wait for GW2???

If there are any that you wanna try, please post them so that perhaps we can try to coordinate together???

You all know me, I am willing to try any and all (except ones like fallen earth maybe, too depressing and no cute clothes)...

So post em if you got em! (or wanna get them I mean! *grin*)

n
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Next Year....2010 is almsot here!!!!!! What's the plan??? Empty Re: Next Year....2010 is almsot here!!!!!! What's the plan???

Post by Trytan Thu 24 Dec - 1:02

I'll likely be just sticking with Guild Wars until GW2 comes out (still have lots to do, although it is getting a bit tedious Sad )

I used to play alot of the Final Fantasy games....haven't in years though. I did sign up for the closed beta for their new MMO (Final Fantasy XIV) which is supposed to come out sometime in 2010. When filling out the info my system specs seemed to be at about the minimum for what you could even select which I guess could be either a really bad thing or really good thing as far as being selected for the beta. This is a game I'd just mess around with the beta for though, unless it ends up being free to play.

Monthly Fee MMO's are just out of the question for me. I'd be fine with a monthly fee if I could get the game software for free....but paying 60-70 dollars for a game and then paying another 10-15 bucks every month just for the right to play it just doesn't make sense for me. Although if I ever find another job I may be enticed to migrate over to something that was pay to play if it gets some very good reviews and enough of us jump over to it.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Next Year....2010 is almsot here!!!!!! What's the plan??? Empty Re: Next Year....2010 is almsot here!!!!!! What's the plan???

Post by HeavyMetalHead Thu 24 Dec - 15:39

Yeah...no Fallen Earth for me. The only way to get it is to order it from the company website as either the physical disk or direct-2-drive.

Besides, there's WAY more interesting single-player games coming out. Not many MMOs that catch my eye since finding pre-paid time cards for certain ones are a pain to find. Although I will bum off-and-on in WoW...once I get the stupid thing patched. Their "Fall of the Lich King" arc patch is being an annoyance.

Mike, let us know whether or not the beta for FF14 is worth a crap. FF11 was such a grind-fest I'm surprised they still have people playing it. Not only that, read this page ( http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Absolute_Virtue ) and you'll see what most of the endgame players actually AVOID going against. Worse than the Sleeper from EverQuest, that's for sure.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki Fri 25 Dec - 8:00

I'm not sure about MMO's right now. I might just stick it out and do random things for a while. I was hoping to get into another one at some point but I decided to use the time that video games weren't in control of to get off my bum and get ready for college.

I might spend some time on this MMO I beta tested a while back called.. uh.. okay, I can't remember, I just know it was originally Russian. Give me a sec I'm sure I can remember.

http://allods.gpotato.com/

Was a bit boring to play during closed beta when there weren't many people on, then got annoying when everyone was on. Might give it another try at some point. The game is very WoW-ish but it held my attention long enough to forget about it.

I heard there was a DBZ MMO in the making. Yeah, it sounds god awful but it's the kind of god awful I want to try just to see what it's like to remember when DBZ was somewhat culturally relevant.

Other than that I don't think I have any other plans for 2010.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebus Fri 25 Dec - 23:06

Don't shun me, but I think I'm going to try a month of WoW. This way I at least have a reason to hate it other than it's childish like graphics, as well as players.

Otherwise, it's back to first person shooters until something reasonable comes out. Actually downloading Free Trials for LotRO, as well as WoW.
Jebus
Jebus
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sun 27 Dec - 23:58

Just good old Guild Wars for me until GW2. I have tried WOW, Aion, Lineage 2, several FTP games but I have found that without the network of people I met here they are just grind machines. I guess I lack the patience to get good at them, here i am at least on familiar turf.

I am reading what I can to figure out what my first tonn will be, right now I am leaning heavy toward the Sylvari. I am a lot like a vegatable these days anyway....lol

Happy New Year yall!
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down