The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Wars news

3 posters

Go down

Guild Wars news Empty Guild Wars news

Post by Trytan Sat 29 Aug - 14:01

I tried posting this but it was far too long for a single thread and when I tried editing it up and just leaving the important stuff in the text box on the Post new topic page started bugging out on me.

Linsey Murdock (one of the devs for Guild Wars) posted a very lengthy update on her wiki page yesterday about what the live team is currently working on and what some of their plans are for the future. Here is the link.

http"//wiki.guildwars.com.wiki/User:Linsey_Murdock/Journal

Very good read, gives some good insight into some of the hurdles they have to overcome and how hard their job actually is with such a small team.

I'm glad to finally be getting my Zaishen Keys from way back in May, but it sounds like the Xunlai Tournament House is likely to stay down. I've never really bothered with Hero Battles so I certainly won't miss them. Sealed Deck sounds very interesting though and would probably entice me to playa bit more PVP, if they end up implementing it as an option for scrimmage play that would be even better. Could make for some fun guild event nights in the future.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars news Empty Re: Guild Wars news

Post by Godzuki Sat 29 Aug - 19:19

Sealed Deck play is something I've really wanted for a while as a readily available PvP format so I can't wait for that update. It's a really nice way to change the gameplay up and makes things really interesting. It sort of ensures that whichever team wins is the team with the best tactics.

I kind of hope they keep heroes for scrimmages after the update. That was a really nice way to test out anything relating to game mechanics.

Definitely happy to see Hero Battles go. It was neglected for so long and honestly no one really played it for fun, just profit. It was hardly a form of PvP and as the entry states, most matches were decided in the form of a dice roll or a rock, paper, scissors match. It was a really imbalanced for a long time and the fact that it counted towards the tournament predictions at all was ridiculous.

Ah well, good news all around. I'm really glad they got Linsey after most of the original GW team moved on to working on GW2, she's done an excellent job so far of both keeping the game alive as well as delivering updates to the game that the community has asked for.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 Sat 29 Aug - 19:27

sounds pretty tight man, Awesome thing being, when u get a rocking team in RA u wont be raped the second u step into TA. MUHAHAHAH WE SHALL BE UNSTOPPABLE!!!
Acolyte41
Acolyte41
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 106
Other games played : You name it...
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki Mon 31 Aug - 16:49

Actually, yeah, completely forgot about that. One of the reasons I don't really RA is once you hit 10 wins, you get sent to TA which I never had a problem with but chances are that your other 3 teammates did and would probably leave. If you get a few people to stay or even if you're staying by yourself and waiting to get to TA, chances are you're waiting anywhere from 10 minutes to 10 hours for the right amount of people to complete your party so you could go to TA. This might actually get me to RA a little more (or maybe the new form of PvP depending on how its designed).
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down