The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raptor Nestling Farming - W/N version

2 posters

Go down

Raptor Nestling Farming - W/N version Empty Raptor Nestling Farming - W/N version

Post by Trytan Thu 5 Nov - 18:13

I decided to give raptor farming a go over the Halloween festivities in order to stock up on ToT bags. I will take no credit for this build, I found it on PvX wiki and watched a guide on using the build on Youtube. This run will only work in Hard Mode (you are moving to fast while collecting aggro in NM and the raptors will break away) and it requires a P/Rt hero with a very simple build as well. The sole purpose of the P/Rt hero is to give you an increased speed buff so that you can kill all of the raptors, along with the boss in one big kaboom of destruction.

[build prof=][/build]
Here is the build that you use.
[build=OQQUc4ISzaRWCpFbFqM9Fpi5F7gA]

[build prof=][/build]
and here is the build for the P/Rt hero
[build=OQijEymM6M74b8wGAAAAAAAAA]

And finally here is a link to a great youtube guide of the build which does great in explaining the rune/armor and weapon setups you will need for this as well as where/when to cast the skills in the build and what the hero needs to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk_rTTO1ck0&feature=channel_page

As Acolyte mentions below here timing is key to pulling off the run succesfully (including killing the boss). The equipment setup described in that video isn't 100% optimal in my opinion. The runes/insignias are fine and the shield is fine but I feel that the mods on the sword aren't needed. Using a fortitude mod on the sword isn't necessary IMO, the +30hp isn't going to make or break anything as once you get the timing down health isn't really so much of an issue. And the +5 energy inscription is only helpful if you have a low Asura rank, if your over rank 4 or 5 then energy won't be a problem and this is a waste of the inscription slot.

I prefer using the sword mods to deal extra damage. I'm using a perfect sundering mod and a perfect "Vengeance is Mine" inscription (+20% damage when health is under 50%....which it more often than not is when Whirlwind attack goes off). With the weapon used in the video you need to aggro every single raptor nestling in order for Mark of Pain to deal enough damage to the boss...if you miss one or two she'll be left with a sliver of health left. Adding some damage to the sword means you can miss one or two of the raptor nestlings and still pull of the whirlwind attack kill.

On some spawns there will be one raptor at the very top most portion of the cave, running to aggro him can be a pain and sometimes causes the first raptors you aggroed to break away (having the one with MoP on it break aggro is especially annoying). There will also sometimes be a lone nestling who wanders from near the Broodmother and out to the cave mouth while you are making the rounds. Running back up to get him can kill needed time, especially if the big Raptors happen to be patrolling right there. The problem in getting all of the nestlings aggroed in these pesky situations is that it kills valuable time and usually results in MoP running out before letting off Whirlwind which results in killing all of the nestling but doing diddly squat for damage on the boss. So I prefer to take a bit less health/armor on the sword and do a bit more damage so I can get away with missing a nestling or two.

As far as festival drops go with this build they are extremely varied. The highest amount of ToT bags I had drop in a run was 10 and the lowest was zero. The average seemed to be anywhere between 3 and 5 per run though. Some runs are amazing and some runs yield a bag and a saurian bone.

As far as the hero cutting into your drops is concerned it isn't really an issue. If the run goes properly she will be standing just outside of radar range when your doing the killing and 90% of the time she is killed by the big dinos before you even kill a single nestling.

Last edited by Trytan Voorhes on Thu 5 Nov - 19:16; edited 1 time in total
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Raptor Nestling Farming - W/N version Empty Re: Raptor Nestling Farming - W/N version

Post by Acolyte41 Thu 5 Nov - 18:20

I used a combination of the video and

http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Build:W/N_Raptor_Farmer

to perfect the art. Timing is the hardest thing to get down and even if u cant get it right, u at least get something out of the run in under a minute. Maybe not max reward but something never the less
Acolyte41
Acolyte41
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 106
Other games played : You name it...
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down