The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scion's Zaishen Farming Guide

2 posters

Go down

Scion's Zaishen Farming Guide Empty Scion's Zaishen Farming Guide

Post by Scion Thu 7 Aug - 15:24

Thanks to Scion for the original post. It has been updated with a new version of the build that is simpler to use. - Xanthos

[build name="Player" prof=R wild=12+3 expert=12+1][Trapper's Speed][Spike Trap][Barbed Trap][Flame Trap][Tripwire][Dust Trap][Brambles][Frozen Soil][/build]
[build name="Heroes" prof=E fire=12+3 energy=12+1][Searing Flames][Teinai's Heat][Searing Heat][Meteor Shower][Fire Attunement][Aura of Restoration][Glyph of Lesser Energy][No Skill][/build]

Community Build - PvXwiki
4-Player Trapper Team - PvXwiki

Background

If you've never played a Warrior, then your Warrior Heroes' or PvP skill selection is going to be sub-par, simply because you (the player) haven't unlocked any skills for Warrior. So what do you do? Play through the game ten times to unlock all the skills needed to rock? Deep breaths, I'm here to help.

Balthazar Faction is this awesome stuff that you accumulate in PvP Arenas that let you unlock any skill/item upgrades for PvP, or buy Zaishen Keys. It is like the gold of PvP, and this little piece of information really shines when you realize that PvP unlocked skills allow your PvE Heroes to use those skills.

In the Battle Isles, there is a practice round, called the Zaishen Elite. It is a challenge mission, where you fight AI controlled opponents in order to test builds and learn to PvP. If you kill these AI controlled opponents, you still gain Balthazar Faction, at regular rates.

Now, why is this so neat? Killing AI teams? Max points allowed to gain in one day due to Zaishen Elite is 6000. This method makes 6000 points in about 45 minutes, without losses. About 400 points per round. It takes longer for the AI to run to your spot than it does for your team to win.

How it Works

Okay so you got your Ranger, you got your heroes. The first couple days you will be creating the team, and spending a lot of Faction on upgrades, but soon the investment will pay dividends.

1. When the match starts, immediately drop [[Frozen Soil] where you stand.
  2. While casting, flag your heroes just behind the spirit.
  3. Run to the centre of the gate and cast [[Brambles]
  4. Activate [[Trapper's Speed] and cast all of your traps beside Brambles (between the spirit and the edge of the gate).
  5. Do not move from this spot for the rest of the match. You and Brambles will body block the AI team, making them clump up for your ele heroes to nuke.

With this version of the build, there's no need to micro manage your hero skills. Just make sure you position the spirits and traps properly. Your heroes will take care of themselves;)

Zaishen Elementalist Teams

The Zaishen Elementalist team all cast Obsidian Flame, and it will kill you. But if you leave Brambles out there dangling, they will spike that instead. Once you see that the Ele team is near, finish placing your traps and run behind your heroes and Frozen Soil. If Frozen Soil starts taking damage start casting another one right away. One or two of your heroes might die, but if you keep FS up you'll win.

You can bring a healing skill if you want, but just staying as far away from the carnage as possible, sitting on a couple traps, should be just fine to keep yourself in the game. Remember, if you die, you lose.

-Scion

Last edited by Scion on Thu 7 Aug - 18:41; edited 1 time in total
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Scion's Zaishen Farming Guide Empty Key Binding

Post by Muerte Fri 1 May - 17:14

You want to make 'Order Hero 1 to use Skill 1', 'Order Hero 2 to use Skill 1', and 'Order Hero 3 to use Skill 3' all the same key.

How do you do this when I bind an action to a key it cancels the previous binding so I can only get one action bound to one key.
Muerte
Muerte
Stablehand

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Scion's Zaishen Farming Guide Empty Re: Scion's Zaishen Farming Guide

Post by Scion Fri 1 May - 23:39

I think it used to be that you could, as I can do it anymore, either.

So now I use the keypad, and set the skills as...

1 - 2 - 3 = Hero 3 skill 1, 2, 3
4 - 5 - 6 = Hero 2 skill 1, 2, 3
7 - 8 - 9 = Hero 1 skill 1, 2, 3

That way when I open all the Hero panels, Hero 1 is on top, Hero 2 is middle, 3 is bottom.

Then when it is time to use 1, I can just go 7, 4, 1 real quick and all the Heroes fire off Fire Attunement.

Fire Attune, Glyph of Lesser, Meteor Shower have turned into 1, 2, 3.

Scion
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Scion's Zaishen Farming Guide Empty Re: Scion's Zaishen Farming Guide

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down