The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction & Application

5 posters

Go down

Introduction & Application Empty Introduction & Application

Post by Avinaugh Sat 15 Aug - 21:31

Hi there!

1. Your In-Game Names and classes and what made you choose these names:
Kevyn Raines - R/W, level 11. I like gender-bending and Gaelic sounding names.
Avinaugh Chuckles - Dervish, level 4 - I just created her the other day...I was frustrated with game play so far, decided to start a new campaign (Nightfall) and was in a flippant mood.

2. Chapters of Guild Wars that you own and how long you have played them:
I have the trilogy set, just began playing a couple of months ago but didn't play very long at all - haven't logged many hours yet.

3. What is your real life age, first name, and gender? 37, Jude, F

4. Location in the real world:
Northeast USA

5. Times and days you play:
I haven't played it regularly enough to have a sense, but I imagine that MWF nights will work best for me, maybe some TTh afternoons here and there.

6. Do you have Ventrilo?
No, but I might be able to get it.

7. What do you expect from the guild, and try to elaborate about your needs:
I'm an old-school gamer, from the world of MUDS, then solo offline games like Antarra/Krondor, Baldur's Gate & Morrowind. I decided to try an MMORPG, but have been overwhelmed by the learning curve. Half of the time I feel surrounded by...yahoos?...and the other half I can't understand or keep up with what anyone is saying. What I hope to obtain from the guild is a general sense that there are adults in the game, and maybe connect with a few kind-hearted and patient folks to help me learn how to navigate the game.

8. In couple of sentences introduce yourself?
I'm an academic, a mom, a spouse and a feminist. I don't know whether I will like MMORPGs but I'd really like to try.

9. What do you like to do in the game, what do you think you can contribute to our guild, and what would you like to accomplish in the game?
I'm still so new - feels like I've only been grinding so far; I'm not sure what's out there. I like to solve puzzles - I don't think GW has a lot of those? - and I like to level up (!) and I like to discover nuances to the game that I didn't know existed. Right now my major interest is acquiring better armor...I just feel safer in good armor. Smile I don't really know how guilds work or what they do, so I'm not sure what contributions would be of value...but I think I'm fun, and I'm smart, and if I get into the game I'll get pretty into it - I'll be around and up for adventures. And I'll be very empathetic with newbies!!

10. Tell us how you found out about us:
I did a lot of research on guilds. I read recruitment ads and Googled random comments and tried to find one that might be a nice fit for me.

If you are a referral from another guild member or a guild, we would like to know.
No, this is my first time trying to get into one.

11. Any other information about yourself or your GW experiences you feel we should know or that you want to share.
So far it's been boring and a bit lonely. (When my character is surrounded my scores of people but not interacting, it's somehow lonely in a way that playing a solo game is not.) I imagine it could be great, and I don't want to give up yet.

Thank you for your time!

ETA: Wow...I just re-read that tonight and I sound so miserable! I'm actually pretty vibrant, lol...not nearly so stuffy and bitter as I sound here, honest. I guess that reflecting on my GW experiences to answer the questions put me in a distant kind of place. I had high hopes and got disheartened early, that's all. Anyway, that's exactly the place I'm looking to leave. I really wanna play with nice, fun people who will talk to me with words I recognize, at least sometimes!
Avinaugh
Avinaugh
Stablehand

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-15

Back to top Go down

Introduction & Application Empty Re: Introduction & Application

Post by Trytan Sun 16 Aug - 6:30

Hello Jude!

I will send you an invite to join TCK tomorrow night, great to see that you've done some research in finding a guild that's right for you. Things have slowed down a bit here recently (lots have been busy with RL and summertime stuff recently) but I'm hoping that things will pick up a bit more as the fall rolls around.

Guild Wars was my first and only MMORPG as well, when the game first came out there were always lots of people getting together for all of the missions as you played thru the game. Guild Wars is four years old now, there are still new players coming in, but finding people to play with as your going thru that haven't already done it over and over again can be a daunting task.

I also logged a lot of hours in Baldurs Gate and an insane amount in Morrowind, I absolutely loved that game, especially all the great mods (was extremely dissapointed with Oblivion, tried reinstalling it 3 or 4 times but just never seemed to really get into it).

Anyhoo, welcome to The Cherubim Knights! I look forward to playing with you. I have a large number of low level toons that I need to get levelled up and I'm always willing to play thru the missions and quests with other players rather than running them thru everything with a maxed out character.

Guild Wars is truly a great game, by far one of the best and most addictive I've ever played. It can take some time to get into it, but once your hooked you'll be screwed Smile
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Avinaugh Sun 16 Aug - 6:34

Thank you Trytan!! Great information and helpful perspective (I'm still not finished with Morrowind, actually - I always run several years behind!). I'll try to be on tomorrow night, then, and perhaps we can meet in the game.

Very much looking forward to getting hooked! Smile

Jude
Avinaugh
Avinaugh
Stablehand

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude Tuwshreads Mon 17 Aug - 3:03

It was fun chatting with ya in game tonight....Holler if ya have any other questions..or need help..(although I'm not the best player...)
Claude Tuwshreads
Claude Tuwshreads
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by funky Mon 17 Aug - 4:00

Hi,
Welcome to the guild.

GW is only my second online game (Hellgate London was the first).

Well, i only started GW back in May last year but feel free to ask

Here are some info if you do not already know them:

1) Our alliance forum:
http://www.daftandproud.com/forums/

2) GW guru
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/

3) GW Wiki
http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

4) Info on builds
http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

5) Info on pre-searing (Prophecies campaign)
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/content/pre-searing-ascalon-id1264.php
http://www.presearing.com/index.php
funky
funky
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Mon 17 Aug - 5:35

Welcome Jude!!

Another girl! Yay!!!

I am the resident Nurse and general chatter-box. This is an amazing group of people. Unfortunately the ranks have thinned down a LOT over the last year, but we all pop on from time to time.

I really hope you like this game! It was my first ever MMO and I absolutely adore it. I have kinda moved on to Lord of the Rings and Real Life (that is the game where you have to go to work, pay bills, clean the house for your busy, slobby family, and there is not a gold coin dropping anywhere that I can see *grin*).

But I do pop on now and then, however I am west coast time so I am not on until late. This game does not have a lot of puzzles per se, but the game play is extremely challenging trying to find the right combination of skills and heroes to bring along.

I really hope you enjoy your stay, and hope to meet you soon!!!

(P.S. If you EVER want to talk fashion, I am your girl!!! These men, well, they really try, but they are a little challenged *grin*).

By the way, have you found my personal GW Bible - GW wiki?? There are a number of sites that give complete quest breakdowns, maps, etc. I could NOT have survived without it..... AND they give complete pictures of Every Single Piece of Armour!!!!!! Oh Happy day!! I think I spent more time gazing at those pictures than playing *smile*

n
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Mon 17 Aug - 5:36

Ooops I see now that Funky already posted them for you.

Go Funk!!!!

n
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Avinaugh Tue 18 Aug - 14:51

Thanks for the welcomes, Funky and Game Nurse, and the info.

I've been playing much more since I joined TCK - everyone has been really, really helpful already! I've been using my secondary toon all the time - I'm finding I like Nightfall better than Prophecies so far. But now that I know a lot more - and know some people! - Prophecies will probably be more fun.

Game Nurse - I tend to be on very late also, when I'm on nights. Maybe I'll run into you one of these times.

Thanks again everyone - see you in game!
Jude

P.S. I really love the cape. Smile
Avinaugh
Avinaugh
Stablehand

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content