The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GWML - Running 2 copies of Guild Wars simultaneously

+2
Danny
Trytan
6 posters

Go down

GWML - Running 2 copies of Guild Wars simultaneously Empty GWML - Running 2 copies of Guild Wars simultaneously

Post by Trytan Thu 30 Jul - 20:39

I recently made the plunge and purchased a mule account and was looking for a way to run two copies of Guild Wars at the same time to enable trading between my accounts.

There have been a few programs over the years but it appears that most of them were a bit cumbersome when it came to game updates. A program called Guild Wars Multi-Launch that just came out a couple months ago apparantly solves all these issues. Here is a link to the thread for it on the Guild Wars Guru forum.

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10373154

There is a download for both a 32 and 64 bit version of the software. Once downloaded I just manually made a copy of my Guild Wars folder in a different location (my folder totalled up to a bit over 3 GB, so you'll need enough space on your hard drive for the second copy.

GWML - Running 2 copies of Guild Wars simultaneously Gwmlv05x64

After you've installed and opened up the GWML program this screen will come up. All you need to do is hit the "add" button and then find your original guild wars .exe file and then do the same for the newly created copy you made.

And that's basically it. You can then just click on the copy of Guild Wars that you want to run and hit launch, or you can do them both at the same time. By default this program will make Guild Wars launch in windowed mode. From what I've found so far this is the recommended way to go if you'll be alt-tabing back and forth from copy to copy. If you try doing that in full screen it seems to bog down a bit (could just be my ancient system though).

With other older multi-launch programs whenever there was an update to Guild Wars you would have to re-copy your entire original guild wars folder and sometimes you would need to mess around with your registry files. With GWML you just need to launch each copy separatley and the update will be automatically applied to each separate copy. (Apparantly GWML does something with the mutex of the .dat file....I have no idea what this means but if it makes it work thats all that matters to me Smile )

As I said I have'nt been using this for long but it seems to be working great so far, if anything changes I'll update this thread. And a fair word of warning to anyone that wants to use this program. It is third party software, it is not supported by Guild Wars or Arena Net. Your accounts won't be banned for using it but if anything were to go wrong you'll get no support from ANet on it.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

GWML - Running 2 copies of Guild Wars simultaneously Empty 2 for 1

Post by Danny Fri 31 Jul - 15:59

Great info. I will check it out and let you know how it does for me. It would be nice to have two accounts split on my dual monitors.
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

GWML - Running 2 copies of Guild Wars simultaneously Empty Re: GWML - Running 2 copies of Guild Wars simultaneously

Post by Godzuki Fri 31 Jul - 17:47

This is great. I've been using an older program called GWx2 which required you to updat both Guild Wars folders and make sure that you always copied the GW.exe from the original folder to the copied folder every time there was an update (major hassle during holiday events when there might be multiple updates). I'll try this out and see how it works.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

GWML - Running 2 copies of Guild Wars simultaneously Empty Re: GWML - Running 2 copies of Guild Wars simultaneously

Post by TIll KIll Mon 3 Aug - 2:45

Wow Ill be trying this out for sure I have taken over the wife acc so guess now I can run them both and with luck maybe I can run myself around to get all the goodies I want and havnt got due to just not having the time/ patience to mess with anyway thanks for the info and Ill let you know if I if works for me

Till Kill Twisted Evil
TIll KIll
TIll KIll
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 77
Other games played : LOL I'm doing good to handle GW and you want more
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 Fri 6 Nov - 22:28

still doin this on a daily basis running great!!!!!!!1
Acolyte41
Acolyte41
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 106
Other games played : You name it...
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by funky Mon 9 Nov - 4:16

Thanks for the info.

Worked like a charm. Been using it to run 2 accounts for quests (ya 6 heroes!) & dungeons (open boss chest twice Razz )

Cheers
funky
funky
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by TIll KIll Mon 9 Nov - 7:04

yea I've been running 2 accounts most of the time for about 2-3 months and outside of a few times when I've lagged out I wouldn't trade it for anything thanks for passing the info along

Till Kill Twisted Evil
TIll KIll
TIll KIll
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 77
Other games played : LOL I'm doing good to handle GW and you want more
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down