The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Urgoz Warden

4 posters

Go down

Urgoz Warden Empty Urgoz Warden

Post by Swift The Longshot Sun 22 Mar - 3:26

It's pretty self explanitory. I want to do Urgoz Warden but, I also want to be able to do it with some sort of frequency and assurance. In essance what I propose a consistant group of people who would be willing to do this elite mission or at least the opportunity to do it on the weekends. If you are intrested kindly leave a post and what profession character you would like to use or can use so that there is a point of refrence when forming a group.

On a personal point if you would also feel secure enough to post your build please do.

Thank you for your time.
- Swift The Longshot
Swift The Longshot
Swift The Longshot
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 24
Other games played : DoTA, Perfect World, (trial)CoH
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Urgoz Warden Empty Re: Urgoz Warden

Post by Swift The Longshot Sun 22 Mar - 3:54

Character Names:
(Example 1/2)
Swift The Longshot --> Ranger/(all other professions)

1# Barrage Ranger Standard
[build prof=R/Rt Expertise=10+3+1 WildernessSurvival=9+3 Marksmanship=7 ChannelingMagic=10][Splinter Weapon][Natural Stride][Flame Trap][Dust Trap][Barrage][Whirling Defense][Troll Unguent][Flesh of My Flesh][/build]

My standard build for self Urgoz Preservation while also contributing some traps incase of aggro break for a few second blind releif which comes in especially handy at the Thorn wolves section. This is for groups who I feel unsure about or who don't care. The Splinter barrage does moest of the dammage and for the most part the build can be used as a tempory pull, safty net, and emergency rez.

2# Eoe Barrage Ranger
[build prof=R/Rt BeastMastery=10+3 Expertise=9+3+1 Marksmanship=7 ChannelingMagic=10][Splinter Weapon][Lightning Reflexes][Viper's Nest][Dust Trap][Barrage][Edge of Extinction][Whirling Defense][Flesh of My Flesh][/build]

Basically the same build but a pet can be added and channeling magic can be removed to increase marksman ship. This is obviously for the EoE and or other spirts that the group might need while still having some damage and blocking capabilites. This build however relies more heavily on the monks.

Last edited by Swift The Longshot on Sun 22 Mar - 3:59; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Build corrections)
Swift The Longshot
Swift The Longshot
Shield Bearer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ||| I Fear No Death Sun 22 Mar - 6:07

i would love to join your group. I have a warrior ready. And might be able to bring monk or ele but i think i need the ferry to get there. Been wanting to do urgoz or the deep for over 2 years have never gone
||| I Fear No Death
||| I Fear No Death
Stablehand

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Sun 22 Mar - 9:22

Ooo!! I would LOVE to do this!!

I have been a couple times but have never finished it yet...DYING to get the bows at the end of this!!!

I am an ele, do not know how to post the build here. But it is standard Searing flames/meteor shower stuff.

I am usually the rezzer since I tend to run at the first sign of danger *grin*

Everytime I have gone everyone has brought every pet they can. Dunno why since the minions are a great shield, but pets seem to be all the rage down there....

Nicolette
(Game Nurse)
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Swift The Longshot Sun 22 Mar - 16:27

Well its good to see I didn't put this up in vain ^^. I've finished Urgoz Warden multipul times, (planning to do this same kinda thing for the deep as well so please be patienct with me if you are dying to have a Deep run instead of an Urgoz run).

There are several configurations that can be used in urgoz and the pet minion sheild method is possibly the hardest to use one I know of. Sure you get some sheilds but the MM is usually screwing around or can't control the minions properly and the fact that when the pets die the rangers skills are disabled. We can still try it that way.

If anyone knows all the stardard builds in Urgoz at the moment I'd be grateful if they could ping them up here so everyone can get a feel for it. I'll be putting in some research towards that end myself.

As for how I got the builds to show, its on the alliance website under PvE section and its labeled as a tutoral.
Swift The Longshot
Swift The Longshot
Shield Bearer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Swift The Longshot Sun 22 Mar - 16:57

CRY way: Essentially this is a very popular way of doing most dungeons, elite missions and even FoW and UW. Basically its the use of [Cry of Pain] and moves to repeat is usage such as [Arcane Echo] and [Echo] . Basically any caster calls can be effectivly used with this including even some melee classes as long as energy managment skills are throne in. A mesmer with [Visions of Regret] is also usually present so that cry of pain can be used effectivly. Usually ele's, mesmers, and some [Ray of Judgment] monks use this.

Other than that a Bip, and 2-3 monks are used (those templtes hopefully added later), a perma sin for pulling and holding while nuking commences, and at least one ranger with [Edge of Extinction] for Urgoz and massive Aoe damage.

Last edited by Swift The Longshot on Sun 22 Mar - 17:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trying in vain to get skills to show like posts above)
Swift The Longshot
Swift The Longshot
Shield Bearer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ||| I Fear No Death Mon 23 Mar - 22:45

Ready when you all are. do we have an estimated time or date? Eager to get this done. Its better to have failed than not have tried. Besides scrolls are only a penny each. I might have like 5 sitting around. This will also give some of our players that are slightly inexperienced to these runs a chance to see how things are done. And maybe learn a new trick or two. On top of the fact that this is a great way to promote interactions.

Todd aka Dyn Graphli
||| I Fear No Death
||| I Fear No Death
Stablehand

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Swift The Longshot Tue 24 Mar - 0:06

I intend to have the run either this or next weekend. What I am pending for and in essence waiting on is to see how many people and, if they are comfortable posting it, what characters/Professions they can use.

Also I am hoping to maybe by Friday or Saturday have compiled and Urgoz Guide and post it in the guide section with guildwiki refrences as well as personal ones annotated in there so that inexpereinced players can have a refrence while playing to minimize confusion.
Swift The Longshot
Swift The Longshot
Shield Bearer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Tue 24 Mar - 0:08

Just so those of you that do not know, Urgoz' Warden is accessed through House Zu Heltzer on the Kurzick side of Factions. As fas as I know it does not require you to have done anything other then get there and have a scroll to get in.

I have never done it but would like to try it. Got a Warrior and Ele that can go. Could get a sin, rit, and ranger there with just a few towns move.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Swift The Longshot Tue 24 Mar - 1:05

Pampered One wrote:Just so those of you that do not know, Urgoz' Warden is accessed through House Zu Heltzer on the Kurzick side of Factions. As fas as I know it does not require you to have done anything other then get there and have a scroll to get in.

I have never done it but would like to try it. Got a Warrior and Ele that can go. Could get a sin, rit, and ranger there with just a few towns move.

Pampered

Yes you do need House zu Heltser to enter the mission area and that is done by using a Warden scroll easilly aquirable at gw current economies status. As for Urgoz the only thing I would not like to see there is the war. War's are for Deep, rangers are Urgoz. In the terrain and setting the only thing that can tank is a perma which is still in trouble at certian points.

But yes you are correct in how you get there and I'd love to see all the charas there. The diversity makes it easier to form the group.
Swift The Longshot
Swift The Longshot
Shield Bearer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Tue 24 Mar - 18:42

Hmmmm. Spoken like a true Ranger, lol. Won't debate the usefulness of the warrior in there, YET. I know most people that play warriors think tanking is the extend of their abilities, which is so ridiculously wrong it makes me want to scream.

Anyhow, you mentioned the terrain. what is it mostly? Open plains? Valleys and chasms? Walls and winding trails? High and low ground?

Next question. Do the mobs tend to group closely? Spread out? And how many of each type generally per group?

Also, I see from the first two sections of your guide that conditions and knockdowns are abundant as well as interupts. Are mantra of resolve or concentration highly used by parties? Also, with 12 man party, is there a dedicated martyr/purge supplimentary healer that is used? And balanced stance/Fleeting Stability/Ward of Stability? Are they used too?

These will help me understand more of about the area.
Thanks

ps: MM's? Gotta be some use, no?

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Swift The Longshot Tue 24 Mar - 19:15

Pampered One wrote:Hmmmm. Spoken like a true Ranger, lol. Won't debate the usefulness of the warrior in there, YET. I know most people that play warriors think tanking is the extend of their abilities, which is so ridiculously wrong it makes me want to scream.

Anyhow, you mentioned the terrain. what is it mostly? Open plains? Valleys and chasms? Walls and winding trails? High and low ground?

Next question. Do the mobs tend to group closely? Spread out? And how many of each type generally per group?

Also, I see from the first two sections of your guide that conditions and knockdowns are abundant as well as interupts. Are mantra of resolve or concentration highly used by parties? Also, with 12 man party, is there a dedicated martyr/purge supplimentary healer that is used? And balanced stance/Fleeting Stability/Ward of Stability? Are they used too?

These will help me understand more of about the area.
Thanks

ps: MM's? Gotta be some use, no?

Pampered

Well to answer the builds question wards and massive aoe are recommened. There are usually a melee group that spreads forward followed by a sorta packed ranged/caster group. They either need grouping or traps+ barrier to stop melee so that range can be focused on. Perma sin defeats this altogether.

As for terrain its been added to the guide so by exploring that area you'll get a pretty good idea its mostly corridors and open space eith the occasional tunnel.

The guide will become more detialed and explain most of this in time...its gona be huge lol. Hope this small reply helped a bit.
Swift The Longshot
Swift The Longshot
Shield Bearer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Tue 24 Mar - 20:42

I saw the word traps....trapping ranger? I love trapping. Old school UW trapper and expert Z trapper. Would be nice to use that knowledge again if possible.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Swift The Longshot Tue 24 Mar - 22:56

Pampered One wrote:I saw the word traps....trapping ranger? I love trapping. Old school UW trapper and expert Z trapper. Would be nice to use that knowledge again if possible.

Pampered
Trapping is the oldest and safest method to use as long as the pull is solid and everyone knows where to go and lay the traps. Personally I always loved this system since it gave importance to a ranger in Urgoz Warden instead of just spirit support.

So yeah, we can definatly use that kinda knowlegde and set up. But look forward to a long run then, because its the method that takes the longest time frame to complete both normal and hard mode.
Swift The Longshot
Swift The Longshot
Shield Bearer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down