The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 20 - spellbreaker

Go down

Chapter 20 -  spellbreaker Empty Chapter 20 - spellbreaker

Post by Aeternalia Thu 19 Mar - 0:36

The pumping of blood was slowing, each heartbeat getting fainter, as the energy slowly drained from him.. The compulsion was there, he could feel it even near death, forcing him to act as he would never had. He wanted to die. Just to be free of the feeling, but he knew he would never be. His chest grew tight as the lack of oxygen started to make his heart muscle cramp. Soon he thought. The heart attack might kill him at last, deprive it of oxygen just a little while longer, and it would stop beating.. it had to stop. The sun started to look grey as consciousness faded, the color of his vision slowly fading with it, everything slowing down.. heart no longer pumping the vital blood to his brain. time slowed more, seemed to stop. blackness came upon him.

CarTeradin lay nearby, the horse could feel Ahron's pain as he slowly floated toward deaths embrace. The feeling was contagious..it was threatening to stop the horses heart as well. CarTeradin did not want to die.. and didn't want Ahron to die either. He felt the last flicker of life , almost as if Por was saying goodbye to his old friend through the bond.. The grief washed over CarTeradin. The Horse stood, reared up and screamed at the sky..coming down with one hoof on Por's chest. Trying to stop the flicker from going out.. but too late, it had faded and was gone. The horses heart pumped with anger.. anger at the old man leaving him, fury at the way he had left.. intense adrenalin coursed through the horses veins.. the Horses heart pumping violently, CarTeradin pushed all of his will into the bond they shared..

Ahron's heart gave a beat.
inspired, the horse pushed again.. forcing every bit of stubbornness into the bond. refusing to let him go.. and pushing for his heart to beat. It beat again.. and started to flutter on its own. Unconciously, Por's body started to breathe.. CarTeradin could feel each breath.

Another day passed and other humans found Por at the apple tree. They carried him to the temple and nursed him as much as they could.. His heart grew stronger with time. Ahron awoke, and was shocked to see the carnage in the temple area.. bodies were stacked high, of temple members, of Charr, of Grawl, even some that were unrecognizeable.. Ahron wondered the fight that had happened here, and how any had survived judging by the number of charr bodies. How had they killed so many of them..

Ahron also noticed that he felt different.. the compulsion had dissipated in the death by the tree.. he had passed on completely and somehow been brought back. The compulsion had not come back with him.. in it's place he felt a different desire.. a strong burning desire in the center of his chest.. it was hard to place, but he realized what it was .. after beingdenied for so long the emotion.. he had forgot what it was like to feel it.. the desire was for revenge.

The revenge of Isabelle, the revenge of these fallen Cherubim, it all welled up in him.. and unthinking.. he called out to his sword with his magic.. bursting through matter and space to get to it.. he pulled with all his anger and built up frustration.. the dam broke in a wash of golden light.. The sword gleamed in his hand. An Emblazoned Gold Lion on the Hilt.

He screamed at the top of his lungs.. "Hear me!! I know not where you are.. but I come for you. I shall hunt you to the end of time! I am a Cherubim Knight..and I am not Alone!"

~ a history of the Cherubim Knights
recovered from the charred ruins of the olde temple, before the Cherubim Knights relocated - date unknown.
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down