The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trapped - Chapter 10

2 posters

Go down

Trapped  - Chapter 10 Empty Trapped - Chapter 10

Post by Aeternalia Thu 1 May - 17:21

"Far better things await you, than death at my cold hands..I advise you to go find those things.. quickly..." The last remaining bandit ran, as quickly as he could, clutching at his head trying to prevent himself from becoming mad.. It was too late for that.

The bodies lay everywhere.. they had attacked, killing themselves, without ever knowing they had done the damage themselves. It was one of his favorite methods of dispatching the 'less than intelligent'.. and it was very effective.

He cast a spell that wracked him with pain..and the bodies seemed to turn into a mist that encircled him. The glowing mist was a great pool of energy that restored and refreshed him.
He did not have time to wait to recover.. he had to push on.. his father had been missing for days, and though the weariness pressed in on him. He could not stop searching..

He felt a power surge in this area and knew there was something here.. but could not seem to find it. He hoped it was not his father, because it was faint, and fading. The stream seemed to be the source of it. He could feel the power of the wards around it.. and the stream ran to a large black stone archway..he could see the blue runes from the bank where he stood.. not so much with his eyes.. but with his senses. He dared not try to pass those runes.. He knew what they would do.. and his soul was not in any mood for being searched.

"You shall not stop me.." he spoke as if the runes could hear him. Retracing his path, he found one of the bodies of the bandits and carried it back to the stream. Throwing it out into the water with a tremendous splash, he sat down and waited.. the body floated, and eventually started to slowly move towards the archway.. being carried by the current.

The body was nearly out of sight when he bagan the spell.. it focussed on the body and its position.. and instead of drawing the blood force of the body out to him.. he reversed the spell and pulled himself to the blood. The picture became clear as he snapped into place in the water next to the body.. beyond that deadly arch. The night concealed him.. and he crept to where his fathers body lay.. he could feel the blood within, so close to his own.. and yet so different in purpose..so different in philosophy..

Creeping past the burning braziers at the door, he stepped inside the building. He began a ritual his father had taught him, for instances just as this..after preparing the body, and enchanting the air with a spell of stasis, he laid the magical signet on the dead bodies chest..trying not to think of the sweet blood within, waiting to be exploited. His fathers blood, he screamed silently at himself..he was sickened by the thoughts he had.. the thoughts he could not control when it came to blood..

The signet melted and seeped into the skin of Aeternalia's chest.. and a short moment after, he drew breath.

Aeternalia immediately scolded him. Razel.. "why did you risk your life? I told you .. death is a natural thing.. we all will return to Dwayna's fold in the end.." "Stop it father! you were dead a minute ago.. perhaps I should have left you that way.." ..spitting then continuing " Grenth be praised, the death had not become permanent. Come we must go.."

As they both rose Aeternalia laid his hand on Razel's shoulder. "I have not found what I came looking for here.. I will not be going with you." Looking deadly serious.. "You will stay in the place that gave you death so freely? I will not be so kind to these people if they awaken while I am still here."

"My death was my own, a reaction of my own actions..that have been paid for now.. " Aeternalia said "These people have nothing to do with that."

Razel thought on that for a long minute.

"So be it then.. I must return to study Grenth's teachings.. my power grows slowly in this place.." Razel turned and walked past the braziers, stepping out into the courtyard. The light of morning was creeping into the sky in the East. As he retraced his steps along the bank of the stream he realized his error.. The archway still lay on the path out. He could not float a body upstream..

~A recrord from The Cherubim Knights Archive
A history of Razel's arrival.
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Trapped  - Chapter 10 Empty Re: Trapped - Chapter 10

Post by Pampered One Fri 2 May - 20:14

This is good stuff James. Keep it up. I had something totally different in my mind but since you started yours first, I think i am going to do mine on alternate characters and instead of a Lore/History style such as yours, I'm going to go Action/Adventure/Soap operish.

I would like to refer to yours as the Cherubim Chronicles
Very Happy

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Trapped  - Chapter 10 Empty Re: Trapped - Chapter 10