The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MISSION NIGHT 12/5

+2
Jebus
Pampered One
6 posters

Go down

MISSION NIGHT 12/5 Empty MISSION NIGHT 12/5

Post by Pampered One Fri 5 Dec - 16:11

I know activity level and attendance is down. this is after all a hectic time of year. Parties...family...shopping...hiding from it all in a dark cave for a while...But if enough people are around this evening I have a mission request.

Unwaking Water in Factions for Till Kill. I failed it for him a number of times the other night and he needs it still.
I may or may not make it. Hopefully someone is around to pull this off for him.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

MISSION NIGHT 12/5 Empty Re: MISSION NIGHT 12/5

Post by Jebus Fri 5 Dec - 17:23

I can sync up on the Kurzick side.
Jebus
Jebus
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahou Anansi Fri 5 Dec - 18:02

I'm not really back yet, and tonight is TKD and I've already had to take pain meds today, so prob. will be too crashed after son's TKD to log on, *and* I have an all day church thing first thing in Sat. BUT!

I've got this on farm status with two chars. The key to killing him is sustainable ranged STFU and max degen. If you have that, just the two NPC hench healers are fine. Fill in rest with direct damage, preferably single target damage. A nice paragon hero is sweet, set for damage & buffs. I only take one melee char out of 8. The illusion mesmer and the interrupt ranger henches are also great. If you have good interrupt ranger self or heroes take the NPC melee fighter, since its the least critical, you can afford a weak frontline. I take (or am) another interrupt & degen/DD ranger, an interrupt Gwen is a must, sometimes a curses nec, or a curses/MM nec and a paragon. The MM helps a little on the way down on the afflicted go boom thing. But only 1/2 a MM is needed of 8.

Since you have to work your way in with more single target damage than any normal setups, let the NPCs do their random target thing. Only worry about focus firing on the dragon when he pops up on the way down. Usually I'll manually lock on the mesmer and one ranger on the flying dragon when I see him.

My ideal solo setup is
1 melee (hench ok)
1 interrupt ranger (hench excellent)
2 healers that compliment eachother (2 hench are perfect)
1 caster interrupt/shutdown mesmer (hero preferred)
1 curses/MM necro (hero / player - bring the ranged minion and one melee one)
1 additional degen/damage (illusion hench is great or hero/player degen/damage nec, mesmer, non-pet ranger or paragon)
1 paragon (combo of buff/damage, also straight up damage ranger hero works too but hench one is a poor choice)

As you see there are four slots that can degen. Depending on which are hench and which are hero/player ... balance that so you add in a few direct damage skills on the four as all 4 with heavy degen is overkill. Direct damage should be armor ignoring as much as possible.

Think of it as a PvP fight where half the opposing team are damage casters in the back that artificially can not be reached by your melee until the last 1/4 of the fight. And then when you finally do get the chance to get in the caster's face - he has high armor!
Ahou Anansi
Ahou Anansi
Shield Bearer

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Paravell Fri 5 Dec - 21:55

Lots of ELE's is my opinion on this one. a couple monk's, a MM, interupter, and 4 Ele's. Its been a long time since I failed to get Masters on this one. Ask Marie we burned through it. Very Happy
Paravell
Paravell
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehwyn Sun 7 Dec - 3:37

Pretty sure Marie and I blew the dragon to small pieces using my Discord team on this one. Discord is lots of direct, ranged, armor-ignoring damage. Since the necros are direct damage, heals, and a MM, it leaves a lot of flexibility for the other slots too. I believe we had a monk hero, one fire ele hero, an interrupter, and Marie (but I forget what she was on at the time).

I haven't had lots of time to be on lately, but if I'm on, I can probably lend a hand.

-Jonathan
Rehwyn
Rehwyn
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 109
Other games played : Too Many (Check 1up Page)
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5618825

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaistaria Marie Sun 7 Dec - 16:13

I was an assasin that time..which meant I didn't get to hit on the dragon much, but I may have been helpful when the little adds popped up. Smile
Alaistaria Marie
Alaistaria Marie
Squire

Female
Number of posts : 89
Other games played : WoW, Runes of Magic
Registration date : 2008-08-10

http://www.myspace.com/serina_baby19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content