The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission Night 11/14

+7
Scion
Paravell
Jebus
Pampered One
Rehwyn
HeavyMetalHead
Game Nurse
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mission Night  11/14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Mission Night 11/14

Post by Vane (TSK) Fri 14 Nov - 0:10

You all don't need to include me at all. I was only going if the team was not full.
So please consider my spot open. I have done this many many times, I have the Monument on multiple chars. I refuse to take the spot of some who has never done this, and refuse to break up an all guild group. So please count me out... this time. Wink
Vane (TSK)
Vane (TSK)
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Fri 14 Nov - 0:35

Well Vane, how very noble of you!!
But honestly, it seems that we have lots who are hoping to go, but not a full team committed.

How about I whisper you when we are getting organized and let you know if we are full or not? You would be a tremendous asset and we would love to have you... If we are not full, please consider coming... and if we are...well...I have TONS of heroes that are just screaming for Deldrimor Armor....so I predict this will not be the last attempt. *smile*

And yes, a 9pm EST departure time works perfect for me!

Nicolette
(Game Nurse)
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Fri 14 Nov - 1:33

Incase I can go, and at the request of knockdowns, I threw this together for sword since i am not outfitted for Hammers yet.Usefull?

[build prof=w/e swo=9 tactics=14 air=11][Hundred Blades][whirlwind attack@8][Bonetti's Defense@14][Healing Signet@14][Conjure Lightning@11][Teinai's Wind@11][Whirlwind@11][drunken master@6][/build]

If someone is throwing Dwarf weapon on me, it has high DP potential.

I am running with a sword with fort +30 and inscription for 5 energy. Add to that an Air offhand with 12 energy, inscription for 5 armor and a yet to be decided post mod. Maybe +45 while enchanted...maybe +5 more armor...meh not sure

Go ahead, tear it apart Razz

Pampered

Last edited by Pampered One on Fri 14 Nov - 18:04; edited 2 times in total
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Herodias Fri 14 Nov - 5:58

I'll come if my computer doesnt act up...but only if you dont get a full group. I promised Gunter that he can make mission night even though he is here.

Lady H
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 506
Other games played : 2 Moons, Lineage 2
Registration date : 2008-02-24

http://gunterandann.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehwyn Fri 14 Nov - 6:34

[build prof][/build][swap] - one of the better solutions for dealing with Duncan's spirits. They literally respawn ~20s after killed, but if you simply move them away, they stay far away forever.

The other day, I ran this dungeon on my Paragon. I had some problems with my Para team due to Guardian/Ward spam, but swapped in some Necro heroes (a modified Sabway with Frozen Soil) and really only had problems if I aggro'd multiple groups or my heroes became dumb with Frozen Soil.

That is, aside from Duncan. I didn't bring Swap or anything like that, so he was practically impossible for me to deal with. I do know a "gimmick" build that makes Duncan super easy if you swap some spirits around, but killing him by this method takes a while and is boring for all but 2-3 people. Couldn't pull it off on my Para though while trying to micromanage heroes and henchmen.

That said, a Power Block mesmer with 1-2 other interrupts will dominate Duncan. All his spells are Channeling, which means a good PB owns him.

Friday, I'll probably bring SS Curses for most of the dungeon, and a SV build for Duncan's level. There's a lot of flexibility in these builds, so can fit in some PvE skills, Wells (which provide corpse control against the summoners), or Wards. [Well of the Profane] is particularly nice because of all the defensive enchants the dwarves use.

Enough for now. Need sleep. :p

-Jonathan
Rehwyn
Rehwyn
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 109
Other games played : Too Many (Check 1up Page)
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5618825

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehwyn Fri 14 Nov - 17:23

By the way, I was considering something like this

[build prof=N/E curse=12+1+3 soul=8+1 earth=10][Spiteful Spirit][Reckless Haste][Enfeebling Blood][Pain Inverter][Great Dwarf Weapon][Ward Against Melee][Signet of Lost Souls][Sunspear Rebirth Signet][/build]

Pain Inverter is particularly useful against the Warders. They'll kill themselves in seconds with all their AoE. For GDW, my Delver rank is only 5, but it's still decent damage and knockdown. Works good on a Barrager. The Dominators have Mirror of Disenchantment, so Aegis may be removed if cast before they're dead, hence the Ward Against Melee. Curses are obviously there for melee/ranger hate. Basically, I'm the team's Swiss Army Knife of skills.

If someone else wants to run a Warder build, I can bring a Well or two to make things easier instead.

I'll be running a different build on Duncan's level though... still working on the details of that one.

Thoughts?

-Jonathan
Rehwyn
Rehwyn
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Scion Fri 14 Nov - 18:12

I think wells are a great idea. We'll hammer out the last of the details in the hours up to the start time. I should be on a lot, since the update was a mega boon to my title hunt. Kind of feel the fool for grinding out Lightbringer and Sunspear, but o well.

I should be on around 6 EST today, so as people come on that are going to come along, check with me or other folks that are going and get those builds straightened out so we can launch right at 9.

Scion
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehwyn Fri 14 Nov - 22:06

I've been helping Para and Nurse set up their Eles. Here's what it seems like they'll be taking (if we can get it all set up in time).

[build name="Water Warder" prof=E water=12+1+3 energy=10+1 earth=8+1][Ward Against Harm][Ward Of Stability][Ice Spikes][Glowing Ice][Maelstrom][Deep Freeze][Glyph of Lesser Energy][Water Attunement][/build]

[build name="SH Echo" prof=E/Me fire=12+1+3 energy=12+1][Savannah Heat][Arcane Echo][Searing Heat][Teinai's Heat][Rodgort's Invocation][Meteor Shower][Glyph of Lesser Energy][Fire Attunement][/build]

Basic idea: Water ele for defense, snares, and aoe interrupt. Ward of Stability is to counter Churning Earth and Earthquake. Fire ele to lay down massive AoE nukes and knockdown on the snared/interrupted mob of bad guys. Ice Spikes + Glowing Ice is for additional damage and e-management. Rodgort's Invocation for finishing off a low cluster of guys. Any stragglers can be handled my rangers or melee.

-Jonathan
Rehwyn
Rehwyn
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Sat 15 Nov - 5:47

Alright, part 1 of Slaver's Exile is done for. Three bosses down with two to go. We can go finish it whenever we get the chance to.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Sat 15 Nov - 16:24

Well that was super awesome you guys!

We did amazing and it was SO much fun!!!!! Kudos to you guys who put tons of prep work into this. It sure paid off. The damage lighting up my screen was a beautiful thing to behold *grin*
And thanks for bringing all the con sets Moosh. I loved having 750+ health!!
Most impressed. We are an awesome team.

At any rate, I was thinking we finish that dungeon off next Friday? Does that work for everyone? Same time, same place? If that does not work for any one of you, please state a day that will... such as the Saturday night or something. (And maybe one of us will get a drop like Jon's spear next time.....!!)

Thanks again guys for a great evening! The best date I have had in a while *smile*.

Nicolette
(Game Nurse)
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scion Sat 15 Nov - 17:06

Same bat time? Same bat channel? I've no problems with that.

I looked at my build a little bit harder, but there isn't much more I can do. I'm going to bring some more weapon spell support, help the Monks some, but that's pretty much my limit.

Aside from Splinter Volley, but then I run the risk of running out of Energy. And I think y'all do more'n enough damage to get the EoE ball rolling.

Scion
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Sat 15 Nov - 17:34

Next Friday is alright for me. But there's one thing I'm thinking on doing when we beat the last boss. I want a screenshot of us cheering, so I can try to make a drawing of it. How's that sound?
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Sat 15 Nov - 18:58

That sounds lovely Adrian!

I am all about having my portrait taken *grin*

N
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehwyn Sat 15 Nov - 21:42

Excellent work everyone! Don't take this the wrong way, but that run went far smoother than I had first expected when Nurse proposed the idea. Wink

So, is next Friday a good day for everyone or is another time better?

Also, any builds need changes? I know Scion is changing his so he's not as ridiculously bored.

I must say though, Greater Conflag + WaH was fantastic as was EoE. Greater Conflag can probably be dropped if needed though, especially for the next wing, since a lot of the big damage there is Fire anyways and since there are a lot of Fire Elemental enemies. Unlike the first level, we won't have huge swarms of physical damage dealers either, which is where that combo really helped.

Looking forward to finishing this. Smile

-Jonathan
Rehwyn
Rehwyn
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by funky Sat 15 Nov - 22:05

Hi,

The dungeon run was really great fun Very Happy

Firstly big thanks to everyone that organised & prepared it;

Secondly another big thanks to all the advice, strategies, consumables, weapons spells, healing (don't kick me if I miss out anything here tongue );

Looking forward to conclude the mission

Cheers Smile
funky
funky
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehwyn Tue 18 Nov - 6:48

[build prof][/build]So, found out something new that might come in useful. The Rit skill [lively was naomei] bypasses Frozen Soil's res prevention mechanic. Could be a much better option for an "emergency res" if we want to bring it, but it'd require points in Resto magic or the people would come back at really low health.

-Jonathan
Rehwyn
Rehwyn
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2