The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TCK Guild Hero's Ladder tournament: Instructions and sign-up.

+13
sky
banana
Game Nurse
Hadouken
Danny
Paravell
HeavyMetalHead
Rade
arioch
Wizard
Aeternalia
Pampered One
Lady Herodias
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TCK Guild Hero's Ladder tournament: Instructions and sign-up. Empty TCK Guild Hero's Ladder tournament: Instructions and sign-up.

Post by Lady Herodias Fri 15 Aug - 20:09

Okay I am asking someone to please explain the idea for the Hero's Ladder Challenge for our guild. It would be nice to start the monthly tournament. I think Gunter indicated he wanted to do somethiing with double elimination, as well as a bet on the challenge of the 2 top players who will be playing against each other. Hopefully, this might spark some interest for the guild, as well as the alliance.

My thought was to "loan" my mini pet to the winner as a trophy, and then he/she would pass it on to the next winner of the next month, etc...unless someone can come up with a better idea.

Anyway Gunter, could you explain what you mean by double elimination means for those like me that arent sports fans...as well as James...your idea of how you would like it done?

Lady H

Last edited by Lady Herodias on Sun 24 Aug - 0:58; edited 2 times in total
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 506
Other games played : 2 Moons, Lineage 2
Registration date : 2008-02-24

http://gunterandann.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

TCK Guild Hero's Ladder tournament: Instructions and sign-up. Empty Re: TCK Guild Hero's Ladder tournament: Instructions and sign-up.

Post by Pampered One Fri 15 Aug - 21:16

Well, it is really rather simple. The entire idea is just an intraguild or intraalliance version of Hero Battles.

I actually love this idea for the Alliance because it will give the pvp oriented types a chance to open up a can on each other and walk away with bragging rights. The drawback to it being Alliance wide , no offense to any of you, is we stand a snowballs chance in hell of competing well in it. I truthfully do not think there is more than 2 or 3 of us that could even be competitive. We just are not that experienced in it. Those of us that feel we can be competitive should give it a go, and those that have no fear of embarrassment also. I feel no one can match the HEART of a Cherubim, but unfortunatly, exposing your heart in battle only gets it skewered on the other guys sword.

I think our Alliance event officers/leaders should definatlly propose this to the Alliance

I think It would be really nice to also have one for our guild only. I think even the best of us in our guild can be beaten by one of our up and coming members. I know Marie caught me by surprise in a scrimmage between the two of us, and I had to put forth an effort to recover and regain the upperhand. I won't take a "middle" experienced level person for granted again.

So my thoughts on how to do this are thus: We have a signup on the forums; I prefer double elimination tournaments that way 1 bad showing does not eliminate a person; we use a random tournament ladder program(I already have one) to make the brackets of who faces whom. Over the course of say a week, all first round battles are competed; allow a week for second round; then as the field whittles down the final constestants battle it out.
Once a final winner is declared they have the title MASTER CHERUBIM for the month and may NOT compete in the following months ladder. This way no one person monopolizes it each month.

The battles themselves would be conducted much like a scrimmage with each contestant using 3 heros in party only. the one thing i am not sure about is whether we should play it out like a full scrimmage until one side is defeated in full scrimmage or just have the battle take place until one person and his heros are all dead at once.

I am kind of excited about this notion since it reflects in spirit what I originally wanted for TCK when we made it. My idea back then was for groups to GVG from TCK versus TSK groups and have a TSK/TCK winner. Unfortunatly the pvp people were more interested in forming one uber team to compete in rated GVG's. I think this will be fun for our guild.

Thats a start. James show us how you envisions this.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV

Back to top Go down

TCK Guild Hero's Ladder tournament: Instructions and sign-up. Empty Re: TCK Guild Hero's Ladder tournament: Instructions and sign-up.

Post by Aeternalia Fri 15 Aug - 21:52

I envision it like this.. EVENT RULES

Me, walking away with the prize!

just kidding.. well not really.

Ok first off..

1. ALL TCK members are eligible to play.. not other guilds in this one.

2. A match consists of one GVG scrimmage between two players and hero / henchmen in our guild hall (4 person teams). (somebody check me on this that 2 non officers can create a scrimmage match against each other).

3. Anything legal in a GVG match goes.. Including using gimmick builds you find on GW guru and other PVP tactics.

4. The Tournament will consist of a 16 player grid of double elimination.. if you dont understand that relax.. all you have to do is enter.. and then find out from the forums who you are up against, then fight them at your convenience.

5. Setting up times for the fights will be done in the forums, so that all can see who is making an effort to match up times.. and who is ducking the fight. Ducking will receive warnings and then will forfeit the match.

6. To sign up.. all you have to do is enter a post with the following information:

player name entering
class
forum name

7. There is already a 10 K prize for the winner in gold, plus a secret prize undisclosed at this time.

8. Good Luck! (Check the post below for an example of how to sign up.)

James

Last edited by Aeternalia on Fri 15 Aug - 22:06; edited 1 time in total
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

TCK Guild Hero's Ladder tournament: Instructions and sign-up. Empty Entry # 1

Post by Aeternalia Fri 15 Aug - 21:58

Entry # 1

in game name: Aeternalia Tenite
class: Monk

forum name Aeternalia

just copy and paste this.. and fill in your info instead.. change the entry number.. only 16 entries allowed!

James
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Sun 17 Aug - 17:52

Entry # 2

in game name: Pampered One
class: Warrior

forum name Pampered One

I have a question James. Can we have multiple entries? Could i enroll Sad Witchy and / or Gunter II also? If 2 of my own meet in the ladder, I could just decide which loses and which wins maybe?

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizard Sun 17 Aug - 19:50

well how about this idea Gunter and James

on the time of the fight we are allow to pick which character we wanted to choose to fight.

base on James' rules 5. Setting up times for the fights will be done in the forums, so that all can see who is making an effort to match up times.. and who is ducking the fight. Ducking will receive warnings and then will forfeit the match.

since the times of the fight would be setup on the forum how about also posting what character you would be using in that fight chances are guild members who have heros won't be using the same one in every fight and would be able to change the skills before the fight

the guild non-officer members should be able to create scrimmage match against each other if not than we can have officer who are not in the tournament go into the one of the teams and watch the fights

To Lady: How about another bet for each fight which is going on and let people guess who the winner would be

Jay
Wizard
Wizard
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Sun 17 Aug - 22:34

Well thats a good question...is this about the person(using whichever toon u feel like) or about the characters(signing up more than one).

I like the second choice. but.....meh

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by arioch Sun 17 Aug - 22:51

entry # 3
game name:malice demisery
class : yes er necro/mes
forum name arioch
arioch
arioch
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 16
Other games played : ISW
Registration date : 2008-08-17

http://www.hellinthestateofmisery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Herodias Sun 17 Aug - 23:15

entry # 4
game name: Lady Herodias
class : Ranger
forum name Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeternalia Mon 18 Aug - 12:22

Hmm , I see what you mean Gunter..

only one entry per person.

The player must play the character they list in the entry form.

Henchmen and hero's are swappable depending on the particular fight.. use what you think will win.

If there is enough interest.. next we will play an OPEN style tournament that allows you to switch characters you are playing ... but for now.. you are locked into the character that enters..

James

ALSO:

If a match is tied.. (No victor is declared.. it happened to me and gunter once when we killed each other 's guild lord at about the same time.) then the match is fought again.. it does not have to be the same exact match.. you just have to obey the same rules as you did going into the match .. i.e. You can have different henchies or a different skillbar or weapon. but must be the entered character.

Good Luck!
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizard Tue 19 Aug - 10:06

entry # 5
game name: Wizard Jay
class : Elemetnalist
forum name Wizard
Wizard
Wizard
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rade Tue 19 Aug - 22:14

entry # 6

game name: Rade Ataru

class: ranger

forum name: Rade
Rade
Rade
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Wed 20 Aug - 3:35

Lady talked me into this.

Entry #7

In-game Name: The Cherubim Bookie
Class: Mesmer/???
Forum Name: HeavyMetalHead

Last edited by HeavyMetalHead on Sat 23 Aug - 4:34; edited 1 time in total
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Herodias Thu 21 Aug - 17:53

Hey Adrian, now that you deleted him, are you going to do PvP Adrian...lol your not getting out of this Hero challenge that easy! Very Happy
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Thu 21 Aug - 18:44

I actually forgot about all about that. Laughing

I guess I could either use the Bookie or make a PvP Adrian Redgrave for this instead.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Herodias Thu 21 Aug - 19:39

Probably just make a Adrian PvP...he will have all the skills.
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizard Thu 21 Aug - 22:35

Adrian all you have to do is just edit your old post and put the new character in it's place
a PvP character would be your best choice cause you got most of the skills unlocked and can just use it.

Jay
Wizard
Wizard
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paravell Sat 23 Aug - 2:13

I was told to petition to see if I can join this. My main account is in TSK and my secondary in TCK, but I am a member of both. I would like to join with my TSK account if possible because I just added NF to my secondary account and only have a few heros on one toon. If not I will still come watch.

Paravell

Last edited by Paravell on Sat 23 Aug - 21:56; edited 1 time in total
Paravell
Paravell
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sat 23 Aug - 6:01

Entry # 8
in game name: Di Moine
class: Derv/?
forum name Di Daanq
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeternalia Sat 23 Aug - 23:49

Paravell's TSK Account will be used for his tournament entry.
He is a TCK member.. and this benefit extends to any other TCK member.. you may use any account you own. But you must enter with the specific character you intend to use..

So paravell, when you post your entry.. (hurry up) make sure you list the name of the character on your TSK account that will be playing.

James
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paravell Sun 24 Aug - 2:39

Entry # 9

in game name: Master Of Paravell
class: Necro
forum name Paravell
Paravell
Paravell
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadouken Mon 25 Aug - 6:00

Entry #10

Game Name: Xanthos Soulstorm
Class: Ritualist
Forum name: Xanthos
Hadouken
Hadouken
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Mon 25 Aug - 17:17

All right, I will be fodder for your cannons and at least provide an opportunity for you all to feel smug as I lie there and mangled....

Entry #11
Game Name: Game Nurse One
Class: Ele
Forum Name: Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by banana Wed 27 Aug - 0:35

Entry #12

Game Name: Nana goes evil
class: Mesmer
Forum Name: banana
banana
banana
Stablehand

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by sky Wed 27 Aug - 0:50

Entry #13
Game Name: Sky Ps
Class: Mesmer
Forum Name: sky
sky
sky
Stablehand

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next