The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zaishen Tournament Results are out & some picks

+3
Godzuki
Pampered One
Danny
7 posters

Go down

Zaishen Tournament Results are out & some picks Empty Zaishen Tournament Results are out & some picks

Post by Danny Fri 9 Jan - 16:45

I made a cool and easy 265000 gold between my accounts. (once I sell my keys) Thanks again to whoever posted the "how to" on the Tournamant Prediction process.

KA-CHING

$$$$$$$$$$$
(BIG GRIN)
cheers sunny cheers sunny cheers sunny cheers sunny cheers
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Zaishen Tournament Results are out & some picks Empty Re: Zaishen Tournament Results are out & some picks

Post by Pampered One Fri 9 Jan - 18:32

That does it. You are now nominated to babysit me thru this. I got most of the way done one time and messed up something and it would not let me finish my picks. When is the due date for this months picks?
I am going to do them for 5 accounts (2 for me, one for the bank, 1 for Lady and 1 for Krist) so you better teach goodly ^^.

If the bank wins big we will start doing some of these little fun events we have been talking about for months, like dodgeball and hide and seek and maybe drag out new material for "Where in the World is Pampered One?".

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Zaishen Tournament Results are out & some picks Empty Re: Zaishen Tournament Results are out & some picks

Post by Godzuki Fri 9 Jan - 20:17

This month's is due on January 24th.

I haven't been able to wander through Observer mode like I used to to make my predictions so last (last last, I forgot about December) month I just used some suggestions from members of the Guild Wars Guru forum. There are usually monthly threads where people put up their predictions to compare with others. What I usually do is just look through them and see what guild names pop up frequently. Here is the thread from December:

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10343139

The January thread will probably pop up soon in that same forum.

Also, there has been a recent contribution by one of their members that basically does the predictions for you.

"I made small utility that checks how guilds/hvhers have done in tournament in past, projects their expected performance and votes in xunlai house for you."

Here is the link to that thread: http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10338704. I guess this is a more systematic approach to the voting. The creator also states you can vote on as many accounts as you want with a single click through a batch file process. However, the obvious risk is that it might be an unsafe program. This thread has been around for a while and the creator is a somewhat respected member of the forum. The moderators of GWG are pretty quick in bringing down any viruses/trojans, though, and the thread has been around since November so I'd say it's safe. However, one thing that program cannot do is look at how each of the guilds play. Every time there is a big skill update (like in December) the metagame of the GvG tournaments usually changes, if only slightly. The thread where people put up their predictions will probably be of more help in that sense, but this program would be a good alternative if you don't really want to bother with it.

Just a note, that thread where people put up their monthly predictions will probably not have any predictions for Hero Battles. The general consensus from a majority of the players is that Hero Battles are completely imbalanced and so most people don't even bother. Plus, it's hard to keep track of PvP Characters. I usually end up picking random ones for that or sometimes cross reference it with the Hero Battle Ladder on the official site.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeternalia Wed 25 Mar - 22:54

BUMP!!

DOnt forget to do this!! the tournament picks will be closing soon.

James
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Wed 25 Mar - 23:37

Yeah, they're due this weekend. So do them on Friday if ya can.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Rade Thu 26 Mar - 11:36

Thanks for the heads up ... nearly missed this. Rolling Eyes

Rade
Rade
Rade
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Fri 27 Mar - 14:39

It was asked by some people if I could post some favorites for this tourney (March 09) so here they are. They are separated into 2 tiers with the first tier being my overall favorites and the second tier being those that rose to the top due to some characteristic or another(re dark horses).

Tier 1: No Honor; Straight Outta Kamadan; One Build wonder; Seppo Hovi; On Ne Plaisant; Steel Phoenix; Dangerous Pumpkins; Anonymous Amatuers.

Tier 2: Disposable Heroes; Team chaos Theory; Edible Granite Pencil; Rebel Rising Extended; Black cadillacs; Even the Captain of the Titanic.

some honorable mentions are.....Build Wars Tragedy; Serious Sin and Atomkraft

Luck to anyone that tries.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by funky Thu 23 Apr - 12:59

Vote for this month (April) tournament closes on 25/Apr Wink
funky
funky
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Thu 23 Apr - 15:23

Thanks Funky. I'll get on mine tonight.
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down