The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another GW2 video/trailer is up now!

+3
Claude Tuwshreads
Acolyte41
Trytan
7 posters

Go down

Another GW2 video/trailer is up now! Empty Another GW2 video/trailer is up now!

Post by Trytan Fri 4 Dec - 16:58

The Guild Wars 2 website has a new video up now that gives some basic info/backstory on the five races.

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/

Some more info/screenshots have been added to the site as well about the races.

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/world/races/

Like the first trailer there is some absolutely gorgeous looking stuff in there. The major cities/outposts look like they're gonna be huge and they are looking really nice.
We also get our first real glimpse of in-game combat in this video, the spell effects look to have been given a significant upgrade, and we also get a glimpse of the Charr firearms in action Very Happy .

I can't wait for this game! Hopefully I'll have another job by then so I can afford to buy the game and a few upgrades for my PC so I'll be able to run it on semi decent settings. Smile
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Another GW2 video/trailer is up now! Empty Re: Another GW2 video/trailer is up now!

Post by Acolyte41 Fri 4 Dec - 19:31

lolz i hear that man, Need to save up major
Acolyte41
Acolyte41
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 106
Other games played : You name it...
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Another GW2 video/trailer is up now! Empty Re: Another GW2 video/trailer is up now!

Post by Claude Tuwshreads Fri 4 Dec - 21:09

Yeahhhhh Bay-bee.....that looks like much fun to be had!!!!
Claude Tuwshreads
Claude Tuwshreads
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Fri 4 Dec - 21:50

Jackpot! Any naysayers who thought firearms were gonna be a no-go can go eat an old shoe. Although it isn't known if they are gonna be profession/race restricted yet, but I doubt they will since they aren't in GW.

A bit of digging I've done in the Guild Wars 2 wikia has some more "initial" info on the races: IE the racial abilities and "origins". Three racial abilities are known: Asuran golemancy, Norn shapeshifting, and the Sylvari's mysterious awakening of stone creatures. Origin stories are based on various things: the Tech Colleges for the Asura, the animal spirit totem for the Norn, which season the Sylvari are born in, and the Charr Legions (which isn't stated on the Charr wikia entry). Human origins are unknown right now, but possibly dependent on the profession chosen.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki Sat 5 Dec - 5:16

Me saying I'm loving this would be an understatement.

Also, I've been mispronouncing Rata Sum this whole time.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Sat 5 Dec - 19:50

YAY!!!!

I am SO there!!!!!!!

Cannot wait. Just cannot wait!!!!! I am seeing many a happy hour with you guys running about and killing things!

Wonder when it will be released?????

Omgosh. I just had a horrible thought. The game will be brand new! That means no Wiki! AGH!!!!! Ah well, I shall just have to follow you guys about, as usual *smile*.

n
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sun 6 Dec - 2:57

I saw it on sale on some gaming site....pre-order with an estimated ship of 11-2010. One of the benefits listed for pre-ordering was updates on the shipping date. And no I didn't pre-order it, but I did send several emails to wife and kids that it would make a great Christmas gift. [grin]
If not I will pre-order it in January when no one is looking. lol
Idea
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 Sun 6 Dec - 13:25

Di Daanq wrote:I saw it on sale on some gaming site....pre-order with an estimated ship of 11-2010. One of the benefits listed for pre-ordering was updates on the shipping date. And no I didn't pre-order it, but I did send several emails to wife and kids that it would make a great Christmas gift. [grin]
If not I will pre-order it in January when no one is looking. lol
Idea

Newegg has it available to pre order. Last time i checked you typed in Guild Wars two and its the last hit on the page. that may have changed tho
Acolyte41
Acolyte41
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 106
Other games played : You name it...
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki Sun 6 Dec - 16:55

Amazon has it for pre-order straight from NC Soft:

http://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-2-Pc/dp/B001TOQ8X4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1260118290&sr=8-1

As does Barnes & Noble:

http://videogames.barnesandnoble.com/Video-game/Guild-Wars-2/e/14633143614

I don't know about the Amazon one but the Barnes & Noble one has been on pre-order for a couple of months, before any actual GW2 news was even released. Was kind of surprised when I saw it the first time.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Mon 7 Dec - 1:26

Yeah there have been pre-orders available on various websites for a few months now. Most of them are saying November 2010, but those are just placeholder dates, ANet themselves have yet to mention anything at all about when a release or even a beta might be expected.

I'm going to hold out on pre-ordering until there are some more solid details....and wait to see if there might be a collector's edition with extra goodies.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down