The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Wars 2 Trailer is up now!!

+4
homework19
Game Nurse
HeavyMetalHead
Trytan
8 posters

Go down

Guild Wars 2 Trailer is up now!! Empty Guild Wars 2 Trailer is up now!!

Post by Trytan Thu 20 Aug - 10:24

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/

The dragon logo has been replaced and the HD quality trailer is now available on the front page of the Guild Wars 2 website.

Well put together IMO, I won't spoil anything but needless to say I went from preparing to put my fist through the monitor in the first minute to picking my jaw up off the floor by the end of it Surprised
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars 2 Trailer is up now!! Empty Re: Guild Wars 2 Trailer is up now!!

Post by HeavyMetalHead Thu 20 Aug - 14:44

Watched it...and I am not disappointed. Smile

Honestly, just from THAT I can guess at some of the returning and new classes they're making for it.

But I'll leave the class discussion for after we get some more responses.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Thu 20 Aug - 17:34

O. M. Gosh.

I am speechless.

If there is EVER going to be a WoW killer, this will be it I think.

What a grogeous trailer!! Very stylized with the art work. I nearly wanted to cry at the end, with the music that was so very like our beloved GW1.

Now what?? I guess we wait.

And I notice that we will jump, and possiby fly???

Yay!!!!

The races have me a little confused. They say 5, but I can see Charr (of course) and Asuran-type things and human/possibly Norn...woder what the other ones are???? I hope not some lame elf thing.
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Thu 20 Aug - 18:43

FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T READ ABOUT THE CONFIRMED RACES IN GUILD WARS 2

The confirmed races are:
Asura (looking a bit more polished now)
Charr (WITH a lore backstory as to why we never saw any female Charr)
Human (minus Cantha due to them turning into racist S.o.B.s)
Norn (has animal forms as a racial ability akin druid shapeshifting in WoW)
Sylvari (a possibly all-female race of forest sprites)

As for classes: warrior/knight, possibly rangers, and Golemancers for the Asura. More classes are gonna be hit or miss until more info is released. Dunno where I read it, but one rumor says that GW2 is gonna be released after the last GW pocket novel is released.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by homework19 Fri 21 Aug - 1:04

looks great - I am exited for this!
homework19
homework19
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 49
Other games played : COD5, Making History, Red Orchestra, IL2, NHL 09, NCAA Football 09
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude Tuwshreads Fri 21 Aug - 1:47

While watching the trailer...for just a second...I thought I saw my great-great-great-great(uh...how many years have passed between GW and GW2?)-grandson preparing for battle...
Claude Tuwshreads
Claude Tuwshreads
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tamuril Fri 21 Aug - 11:44

OMG!!! Just awesome...

Just get the darn game released!!!

Tam
tamuril
tamuril
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Sat 22 Aug - 14:51

My guess is we've still got at least a year to wait. Anet has updated their FAQ to say that they'll be releasing more info on the lore/story and races of the game later this year, and that they'll start revealing more solid details on the gameplay early next year. Once they're comfortable enough to let the cat out of the bag as far as the gameplay is concerned I don't imagine a beta would be too far behind. Maybe we'll see a beta started up around April to celebrate the 5th Anniversary of GW, followed up with a summer or fall release of GW2? Wishful thinking maybe but who knows?

As far as the professions are concerned I'm a little worried but mildly intrigued to see how a gunner profession is going to turn out. I suppose it's just going to be a different version of the ranger just with crude firearms and grenados instead of bows. As long as it's balanced it should be fun.

I'm concerned about the ditching of instanced play for the most part. I like a wide-open sandbox type environment in my role playing games but not when I have to deal with all the morons of the community while I'm out in it. It sounds like Anet has some very ambitious ideas to prevent griefing, spawn camping and other persistent MMO gripes...I guess we're going to have to wait till early next year to hear about them.

The game looks gorgeous and Anet has provided me with more than enough entertainment in GW1 to warrant a purchase of GW2. ANet really seems like they are trying to make a truly innovative MMO and steer the GW franchise towards their original goals when they first started out. They made some mistakes along the way during the expansions and other campaigns but it sounds like they've learned from them.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by TIll KIll Wed 26 Aug - 14:40

WOW WOW and did I say WOW this looks good just wondering about a lot of things and I hate to say I haven't been keeping up with things so not sure if GW1 toons are going to cross over ? titles? ect ? I know that unlike a lot of you I have not been playing for the last 4 yrs but there is a lot of time that I have put into the toon Till Kill and would hate to see that just die out there but guess we will just have to sit on our hands till it comes out and see what all we are going to get for our cash but if the trailer is any clue to the new story line its going to be a lot of bang for the buck

but I'm sure that as long as TCK crosses over I'll be there flying my halls cape just as I have now for almost a yr so count me in

No matter what GW2 brings to the table good or bad its the wonderful people that I have spent a many a night hanging out with killing everything that has fur claws or fangs that has made GW1 what it is for me so I guess that when it come out I'll be plunking down my cash like the rest of you
TIll KIll
TIll KIll
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 77
Other games played : LOL I'm doing good to handle GW and you want more
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 Sat 29 Aug - 2:09

YES YES YES YES YES
Acolyte41
Acolyte41
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 106
Other games played : You name it...
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down