The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Pet Death Leveling Method via Menagerie

+2
Game Nurse
Godzuki
6 posters

Go down

New Pet Death Leveling Method via Menagerie Empty New Pet Death Leveling Method via Menagerie

Post by Godzuki Tue 18 Aug - 15:28

I recently filled up my menagerie for no reason other than for the sake of completing it (well, I'm still missing a Moss Spider but Nicholas has to give that up at some point). With the recent update to Rangers and specifically pets, Beastmaster builds are becoming more popular and thus people are charming pets more often. Some people are also just unlocking all the pet evolutions for the sake of it. There's the old method to death leveling a pet, specifically to the Dire evolution, by attacking it in a PvE area and letting it kill you over and over while you're near a res shrine or you have a hero to res you continuously. Some pets are difficult to get this to work with just because of their location. However, there's a new, and sort of easier way to do it now that the Zaishen Menagerie is open. Note that the pet will most likely level up to the Elder or Hearty evolution by doing this. This method is a lot easier, faster, and reasonably cheaper on a PvP character but you can still do it on a PvE character if you insist. If you do it on a PvP character you can always come back with a PvE character to charm through the Menagerie. This method takes about 20-30 minutes (depends how efficient you are and directing the exp the desired pet) to get a pet from level 5 to 20 and is unusable on the Rainbow Phoenix because it will not spawn if heroes are present.

If you are looking for a Dire/Hearty pet but get an Elder, you can show the Elder pet to Emryd and you'll unlock the Level 15 Dire/Hearty version of that pet. From there, you can choose to level that yourself or you can death level those too once you summon them via Wynn.

You'll need either Primary or Secondary Necromancer, the skill "Blood is Power", and at least two heroes.

You:
All you need is Blood is Power. Your equipment should lower your health to 105 which is done but putting a superior rune on all armor pieces. You will need two different weapons. The first weapon should not have any mods on it while the second weapon should have a Vampiric mod on it. Don't use any mods that increase health.

Hero 1 - Fast Casting FoMF Resser:
Build (click)
This hero should have 105 health. You can do this by giving all the hero's armor pieces Superior Runes (use a Superior Fast Casting rune on the headgear). The insignias should be Radiant. For a weapon, just use a Restoration Staff with an Adept staff head along with an "Aptitude not Attitude" inscription. For the wand wrapping, it doesn't really matter as long as it's not "of Fortitude" or "of Devotion".

Hero 2 - Resser Healer and Sub-charmer:
Build (click)
For insignias and runes, it doesn't really matter what you use as long as the hero has enough energy to cast the last 3 spells. Make sure Skill 1, 6, 7, and 8 are disabled by shift+clicking that skill. Blessed Signet is not really needed but it's nice to have just in case something happens. If you'd like, you can get Healing Prayers to 13-16 to get Mending to +4 regen and to increase the healing from Signet of Rejuvenation.

What to do:
If you are doing this with a PvP character, you or your heroes may get an Elder Black Wolf as a default pet. If this happens, just get rid of it by talking to Emryd before you start leveling. Go to the area of the pet you're planning on leveling. Each pet has a general area where they wander around. Try to stand in the middle of this area. For now, disable the Monk's healing signets so that they do not heal you. Make your Healer hero cast the enchantments on the Resser hero. Begin using Blood is Power on any hero until you're dead. Continue this until your health is lowered to 1 due to death penalty (usually around -30). At this point, you can equip the Vampiric weapon and it'll take 0.5 seconds for you to die once you are ressed. Enable your Monk's signets and now you just wait for them to do the rest. This is obviously better done if you're doing something else or doing it overnight since this can get boring to watch for 20-30 minutes. If you're doing it right, you should be getting around 20 deaths a minute.

The reason your resser's health is at 105 is to lower the health that they lose from using Flesh of My Flesh. It's still high enough to ensure you are resurrected but low enough that the most health they will lose from ressing you is 52. The enchantments cast by your Monk will usually heal all or most of what is lost. The healing signets are there to heal what's left. Your Healer has Charm Animal just in case you don't. If you are an R/N or an N/R, you can bring Charm Animal yourself (though I suggest making your healer carry it anyway if you run into the "You do not have enough energy" glitch).

Note: Hearty pets result from pets taking more damage than they deal. If you want a better chance at a hearty pet, attack the pet before you start dying (don't kill it and make sure your heroes don't either). None of the pets in the menagerie are aggressive so they will not attack back. If you wan't a dire pet, you can show the Hearty Pet to Emryd which will unlock all pet evolutions of that pet from Wynn, even Dire.

Also, EXP seems to go to a random pet if you are among different kinds (ie, the area with both Moas and Warthogs). Kill all the pets besides the one you plan to level so that EXP goes to them all the time.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

New Pet Death Leveling Method via Menagerie Empty Re: New Pet Death Leveling Method via Menagerie

Post by Guest Mon 5 Oct - 6:00

spam....deleted afro

Last edited by Trytan Voorhes on Mon 5 Oct - 22:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : junk spam)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

New Pet Death Leveling Method via Menagerie Empty Re: New Pet Death Leveling Method via Menagerie

Post by Game Nurse Mon 5 Oct - 19:59

WARNING:

I think the above link is BAD. Am afraid to try it, but obviously it is some kind of botter who is following the words Pet Death to put forth their own agenda.

Does anyone know who this is at all????

Should we just delete it?
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 Mon 5 Oct - 20:49

rofl lol yeah i would jsut delete and ban the acc.
Acolyte41
Acolyte41
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 106
Other games played : You name it...
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Mon 5 Oct - 21:09

Yeah, delete the post and throw the ban-hammer at the account. I would have deleted the post myself, but Xanthos removed my moderator abilities when he revamped the site.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 Mon 5 Oct - 21:12

hawk eye where u been bro? Its been like 2 weeks since uve picked up the keyboard n mouse lol
Acolyte41
Acolyte41
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 106
Other games played : You name it...
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Mon 5 Oct - 22:32

Meh, odd timing whenever I do drop in. There's either not that many on or people ARE on but not talking. But mostly it's the constant boredom, and I've never thought I would burn myself out to that point.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Mon 5 Oct - 23:00

Deleted and banned the account and the post. This was obiviously a spam bot (with very poor english), similar to a lot of the junk that flooded DaP's forums a few months back. Hopefully it's a one time deal.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Mon 5 Oct - 23:34

Thanks Mike. And I agree, the public section of the DaP forums were a MESS until they removed it. They were like YouTube videos that had the odd hundred or so search tags set for them.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki Tue 6 Oct - 9:18

The link was to a legitimate site and the post actually made some sense (unlike the usual bot spam). There was no advertising of any sort and the site checked clean of any spyware or anything like that. I was actually very confused since I couldn't tell if it was just a really odd and useless bot script or if some confused person was wandering the internet and started searching for "cherubim" and "death" and thought my post was about the death of a pet.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadouken Wed 7 Oct - 18:47

You still have moderator status on the forums Andrew. Looks like it was just a problem with the permissions when i merged some of the boards, but it should be fixed now.

Next time any problems like that pop up, just send me a PM Wink
Hadouken
Hadouken
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Wed 7 Oct - 20:09

Thanks for clearing that up, Abe. And thanks again for the fix.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down