The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's up with Dan

+7
catra
Rade
TIll KIll
Pampered One
Trytan
Godzuki
Danny
11 posters

Go down

What's up with Dan Empty What's up with Dan

Post by Danny Sat 30 May - 1:56

Hi,
I am doing this update because the last time dad was out he wanted me to post something here. This time I am taking the initiative. He has been in the hospital for the past several days in the cardiac unit. He is very sick. He had a couple of small heart attacks and then a big one. The good thing is that he was in the hospital when he had the big one. They are getting him stabilized but it may be weeks or worse before you see him back on the game thing. It looks like surgery may be required, but I don't know yet. I will try to keep you updated but please understand that my hands are full keeping my mother and sister sane. Shocked I know this (the game) and you guys are a big thing to him and he would want all of you to know he has not abandoned you. He speaks highly and often of his online friends. He has tried on several occasions to recruit all of his children. One of his accounts is in my name, he said he would start the characters for me.

If you are of the persuasion a kindly word to the man upstairs would be appreciated,
I am not ready to lose the old man,
Sincerely,
Dan's son,
Terry

PS

If you want to contact him you can do so at my email quemadotx@gmail.com , when he is well enough I will print them off for him.

Thanks again,

Terry
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

What's up with Dan Empty Re: What's up with Dan

Post by Godzuki Sat 30 May - 2:52

I wish Dan all the best. He's got a second family here in the guild and it just would not be the same here without him. He's become a big part of the guild and has been there ever since I can remember. I hope he gets well soon.

Thank you for informing us on what's been happening the past couple of day, and I assure you, we're not ready to lose him either.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Sat 30 May - 4:15

Thanks for letting us know Terry, I was starting to get worried as it's not like Dan to be away for a few days without letting someone know.

He'll be in our prayers and we're all gonna be pulling for him to recover and get through this as soon as possible.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Sat 30 May - 5:04

thank you terry. we had just remarked tonight that it was odd we had not seen him and we had hoped there was nothing wrong. we all will have him in our prayers. Lady(my fiance Ann) will be contacting you as well to see if and how we can send cards/flowers.

Stay strong for the girls. It's not always easy being the oldest son, but If you're anything like dad, you have the will and the mind to pull the family through. Use his good nature and humor and compassion to steer your thoughts and actions.

With All Love and wishes,

Gunter
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by TIll KIll Sat 30 May - 7:21

Wow Terry please pass all of our wishes to your dad hes been a great guy to us all and we have enjoyed playing with him I can't say enough that he will be in our thoughts as will the rest of your family I know just how trying it is when your dad is sick and there is little that you can do but be at his side but I do truly believe that is important for him to know that your there for him in his time of needing your strength so be there for him as I'm sure he's been there for you gowning up and let him know that we will all miss him till he gets back

Till KIll
TIll KIll
TIll KIll
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 77
Other games played : LOL I'm doing good to handle GW and you want more
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sat 30 May - 12:48

Thank you all for your wonderful wishes and kind words. I found a spot in the hospital where I can borrow someones wireless, I am sure they won't mind pirat . Dad wad awake today, he look like hell but awake is good. Personally he was never very pretty but mom must of thought so. He grinned when I told him I posted here, he is not talking yet. He is in and out of it but the doctors are encouraged by his progress. Everyone here is breathing a tentative sigh of relief. Dad abhors flowers but i will get an address if you want to send cards. I will post it later. Got to go.

Terry (Dan's son)

PS Thanks Gunter
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rade Sat 30 May - 16:18

A kindly word to the man upstairs sent ...

Thanks for the update Terry. Let Dan know that our thoughts are with him.
In the meantime, may our prayers be heard and our fellow Knight returned to us, safe and in good health.

Rade
Rade
Rade
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Sat 30 May - 16:21

Very glad to hear the encouraging news. And yes, I was reminded by Ann, who was reminded by Mike(Trytan) that your father hates flowers. We are looking at perhaps something in the way of a customized Guild Wars Golf Shirt for him to wear when he is back and well.

To interject a little humor, there is a theory I have about what your father is doing. You need to know that your dad, In the game, is incredibly proud at the 100's, if not 1000's ,of different ways he has discovered to die. It used to be a bit of a Guild joke, which he encouraged, about his latest ways he found to perish his avatar.

Well, my theory is, he is just messing around in real life with ways to push that envelope. First there was getting hit by the truck while in his wheelchair. Then the pneumonia. Now this. Well tell him that craps not funny and to knock it off. Keep that kind of experimentation in the game. It is much easier to laugh at a dead Dan in here. We don't want it out in the Real World. I'm sure mother would appreciate that.

Anyhow, we are very encouraged to hear he is more alert and hopefully on his way to a recovery. The fact that he smiled and the doctors are encouraged is really good news. thanks for keeping us updated.

Gunter
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by catra Sun 31 May - 3:59

Terry just heard about your dad today from Lady. I am so sorry but glad to hear that things are getting a bit better. I shall keep you in my thought and prayers.
catra
catra
Shield Bearer

Female
Number of posts : 27
Other games played : none at this time
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sun 31 May - 6:22

I am about to go and relieve little brother at the hosp, mom says someone Will be there around the clock while he is still on the CICU unit. My shift starts at 3am. He is still not talking but is looking around and grinning a lot. Mom says thats good. I said it made him look simple. I got the back of my head smacked! (she watches too much of that NCIS show)

I doubt any of you know much about my dad's healths problems, he doesn't talk about them much to anyone. (no one actually) Without going into any detail he is a Viet Nam veteran. He considers himself lucky to have come home, luckier yet to have come home whole, but that is about where his luck stopped. His buddy stepped on a mine, died instantly and the man next to him, dad was third in line and was blown a several feet into the air breaking his back in several places. He was told he would never walk again. Gramma said otherwise. He produced 4 children after that and walked both daughters down their marriage aisles. But he has spent more time in the hospital with back problems, therapy, and having pieces of metal removed from him than most interns spend there. And he always grins and says someone there has it worse.

I guarantee once he is up he will be impossible to keep out of the other wards. He is impossible to hold down around veterans.

I guess it shows I am a little fond and a lot proud of him.....

I only came on to post his address, mom has much less faith in the Veterans Hospital than dad, she says they will lose anything sent there, so this is the home address:

Dan Pendergrass
5613 Holden Rd
Richmond VA 23234

I will make sure he gets any cards or t-shirts.....btw you do realize that my father is a rather laarrgge hombre right? Like 3XXX Just thought you should know.

OH yeah, if you could remove all the personal stuff I said about dad before he comes home it would be a good thing, if not I will send you the address of the hospital I end up in cause I like flowers and dad is gonna kill me. lol

Terry

Dan's Son
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Sun 31 May - 6:50

*smile*

Lovely to hear from you! My brothers were both Vietnam vets, they are 20 and 18 years older than I, and to this day they still will not speak of that time. Your dad is a lovely, remarkable man.

I am a nurse and tell Dan that he is to obey the nurses, chat them up, and grin at them lots.

We like that.

Give him a big huge hug and a kiss from me...Nursey.
And tell him to come back soon, I need a warrior to flirt with *grin*

n
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by funky Sun 31 May - 13:25

Sincerely hope that Dan will get will get better soon. All the best.
funky
funky
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Tue 2 Jun - 14:04

Hi,
I am back with a daddy update .....you will delete all of this before he returns right?..... Smile he is sitting up and eating today. Tomorrow they are going to put a stint (or something like that) in one of his veins or arteries near his heart. Evidently he has scar tissue from one of his injuries/surgeries (no one will say which) which is causing a constricture which caused the heart attacks. They are going to stretch it open and stick this steel straw in there to keep it open. That is my understanding anyway. Then if all goes well he could be home by the end of the week...cool huh?

Oh, and he is suppose to lose weight, don't want to be around for that.

Gunter I told him what you said about tempting fate with his close calls and he told me to print this:

-grin-

He said you would appreciate it. He is a man of few words.

He is in good spirits and wanting to be fed real food and willing to pay anyone $5 for a salt packet (he is a salt junkee). Anyway with luck he will be home this weekend.

Thanks again for all your kind words, its nice to know Dad has friends like you guys.

Terry,
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 Sat 13 Jun - 0:48

Great news, He seems like a terrific guy. Would never want any sort of harm to befall the man or his family.

Best wishes

<3
Acolyte41
Acolyte41
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 106
Other games played : You name it...
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sat 13 Jun - 3:33

Hi guys,
Its me again, still kickin. I don't seem to have much energy these days. My gaming considt of a few mninutes of Dynomite (shooting dinosaur eggs). It is the equivalence of basket weaving 101. Sad

I will be back, I just need to get my strength back up. Tell everyone I said hey.

Missing you guys and the game

dan
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 Sat 13 Jun - 3:42

Hey underwater basket weaving is pretty intense.....

Great news tho!
Acolyte41
Acolyte41
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 106
Other games played : You name it...
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Sat 13 Jun - 13:29

Great to see that your back home and recovering Dan. That Dynomite is actually a fun little game, knock-off of Bust a Move but fun none the less.

Anyways take care man, hope your feeling close to 100% again soon, we all miss you too.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by TIll KIll Sun 14 Jun - 19:14

Wow Guy glad the see that your doing better be sure and drop a line when you can to keep us up on how your doing

Till Kill
TIll KIll
TIll KIll
Squire

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stryder of Argonoth Mon 15 Jun - 19:58

Good to hear your ok Dan sorry I wasn't around much I just saw what happened in the guild announcement. When I logged in before my torture session with the physical therapist. Hope to see you in game soon
Stryder of Argonoth
Stryder of Argonoth
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

What's up with Dan Empty Thanks

Post by Danny Fri 19 Jun - 0:17

I feel so special!!! You guys are great. Thank you all for the Tshirt and mug. Although I am not sure if there is a hidden message in the mug /AFK . Very Happy I really appreciate the sentiment and thought given the gift. I am getting back into the game now and am playing a little each day. More in the daytime than evening but I will soon be back to my old self. I have missed the game and camaraderie. I realize for many of you that summer is a time of deminished play time, but i shall anxiously await your return in the fall.

Some of you may have noticed that one of my accounts has left the guild. I gave it to my son and what he does with it is his business. I will encourage him to return but I suspect he wants to get his feet wet without being scrutinized by pappy. We will just have to wait.

Thanks again for the Tshirt, I will get a picture and post it soon with it.

Your friend

Di
(dan)
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Sat 20 Jun - 15:55

Ah you are most welcome Dan!

I am glad to see you up and about... Wear your t-shirt and think of us and know that you are well loved.

I myself cannot wait to see Santa with a GW t-shirt....

(Gunter: See? TOLD you he would get the mug message *grin*)

n
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by TIll KIll Tue 23 Jun - 18:40

Wow Dan glad that you are getting back to speed know that things wouldn't be the same with out ya will try to pop in when I can still want to do some smitting with ya but that can wait till both of us have time to mess around with it

Till Kill Twisted Evil
TIll KIll
TIll KIll
Squire

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content