The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats up with online computer gamers??

3 posters

Go down

Whats up with online computer gamers?? Empty Whats up with online computer gamers??

Post by Pampered One Sun 24 Feb - 11:42

What a strange bunch this is. It never ceases to amaze me at the schizophrenic nature of this bunch of nimrods. The same people that in real life would not lend a dime to their best friend starving to death, will give away an item, that took them 42 sleepless nights in a coffee induced, laxative state, and hundreds of hours of playing time, to a veritable stranger who does them the online favor of shaking their pixelated goodies at them and stroking their uncompensated ego. Then this selfsame person will throw a rampage to dwarf that of King Kong when their real life spouse makes the mistake of organizing their inventory bags in an effort to be helpful under the accusation that they may accidentally lose an important item. Huh?

They get stranger still. They have absolutely zero concept of what is really important in life. They stay up way too late at night playing, get to work or school late everyday, and run over several dozen people on the way home so that they can ignore the dog, cat, children, spouse, and neighbors and log onto the internet to do it all night once again. They talk about what they do on the internet like it is the most important event happening to mankind anywhere on the planet: more important than politics, famines, wars, epidemics, culture, and the second coming of Christ.

And God forbid if they lose the embarrassment saving self-control they have and start talking to friends, family, schoolmates, and co-workers, in that high pitched excited voice they get when going on about their hobby. After going on for several dozen minutes about how they spent a huge amount of time toiling to kill X numbers of said monsters to face that one, majorly important Boss, only to have party member Bob pull out his **whatever** scroll and accidently cast it on the parties healer who promptly froze and then the entire group died a horribly, painful death, they promptly burst into uncontrollable laughter and only once the wracking of their body stops and the tears subside, do they realize the entire room is looking at them like they have a hamster growing out of their eye socket.

Then there is the language. Anybody have a clue what they are saying. ZOMG WTF BBQ!!! What in heavens name is that supposed to be. Sounds like the code for Heinz's new meat sauce for summertime cookouts. How about I just randomly yell out any 10 letters that come to mind every time I try to make a point. Works about the same if you ask me, IMHO. Headshot!!

Every night I go to sleep thankful that I am not one of these unsozialized geeks with too much brain power and absolutely zero commonsense. Oh...wait....I am one , are'nt I?....ahhhhh dang it
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Whats up with online computer gamers?? Empty Re: Whats up with online computer gamers??

Post by Lady Herodias Tue 26 Feb - 3:37

ROFL....I know you better Gunter, you are the one!
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 506
Other games played : 2 Moons, Lineage 2

http://gunterandann.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Whats up with online computer gamers?? Empty Re: Whats up with online computer gamers??

Post by Auron Of Esgaroth Tue 4 Mar - 16:51

Your rant is spot-on to describe some of the people that I consider friends.

The real question here is -
What happens to said 'Unsocialized geek' when he falls in love with, then chooses to marry, a perfectly socialized, otherwise normal member of the opposite sex?
I decided to give it a go a few years ago when I met my Wife.
I'll let everyone know how the experiment runs.

Here's the progress so far:
  • I've stopped playing PS1/PS2 games.
  • I've sold or destroyed my copies of Diablo2 and Neverwinter Nights. Dungeons & Dragons based games are apparently NOT acceptable outside of the D&D community
  • I'm learning to not say a single word about GW, NWN, Diablo2, FF11/10/9/8/7, or any of the other games in my personal catalog of games played when in the company of other "normal" people.

I may never completely quit Guild Wars - who can beat a free (since it's already paid for) online MMORPG that I can log into from nearly anywhere and have fun interacting with new players and vets alike. I like Movies and Golf, but they both cost substantially more $$ and even more time* than online gaming.
* = I remember a time when I could log in and not eat or sleep for nearly 10 hours straight. That time has since passed and my wife will tell me to turn it off after 2 hours, which is less than a good movie and about half a round of golf.
Richard
Auron Of Esgaroth
Auron Of Esgaroth
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 17
Other games played : Golf
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Herodias Sat 8 Mar - 14:22

Well Auron,

What happens when an socialized geek like myself meets an unsocialized geek like mmmmmmmwaaaaahhh above, and he turns you into a socialized faceless gamer whose only friends are now online...that makes for 2 of us. I think that 1+1 gamers are pretty scary, as now we are both unstable, considering that our relationship has migrated to having a "date" on the weekends as alias Lady Herodias and "Pampered" aka Gunter, not drinking coffee, watching a movie together or sharing a nice meal with a glass of wine. Our dates are yelling and pixel monsters, bickering on "gee I wanted that gold drop", and "oh, here hun, I have some more "red dye" so that you can dye that pretty outfit that you dyed for me. And when you are done, why dont you model it, that'll be a turn-on."!

Lady H
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 506
Other games played : 2 Moons, Lineage 2

http://gunterandann.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down