The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking the Oath of Loyalty

2 posters

Go down

Taking the Oath of Loyalty Empty Taking the Oath of Loyalty

Post by Aeternalia Fri 17 Oct - 16:43

The Oath of loyalty has been around since the guild was restarted. It is posted in the second post in the Code of ethos thread in the recruitment forum.

Last night I took the oath. This was not an impromptu thing.. a couple of things had to happen first.

1) I tried to memorize it. It was difficult to do.. but possible. I had to keep referring back to it while memorizing.

2) I had to decide if it was the right thing to do. By taking this oath.. I was basically saying that I pledge my loyalty to TCK.. easy right? well it goes a bit deeper than that.

The oath if you look at the wording.. really doesnt provide for a time frame. It's forever. Basically you need to decide if you are ever going to want to be in another guild at some other time. That was the decision I made.. that I would never be in another guild in this game. I was TCK to the end. So for as long as I am playing, I will be wearing the TCK tag. If the guild is disbanded, then I will walk alone. Until it is reformed.

Thats a big comitment, and not one to be taken lightly.. You never know when a bunch of your friends are going to start up a guild and want you to join them. You never know when you might get into an argument and want to leave the guild.. taking this oath means you have considered it.. and will under no circumstances leave the guild.

The decision to take an oath has always been voluntary. This one is as well. No one will look down on you .. or think less of you for keeping your options open.. In fact, I recommend that to most players, as you never know what might happen to TCK, and you may want to move on at some time in the future.

I was in a unique position that allowed me to be absolutely sure that I was going to be in TCK until the end. I decided to take advantage of that becausae it allowed me to take the oath, without any regrets, or indecision.

For me.. it was the right thing to do.. do not immitate my own decision.

Think it through, consider what's best for you.. and if you do volunteer to take the oath you come upon this:

3) Get gunter's approval. He may disagree that it is the right thing to do.. Yes it is voluntary, but at the same time.. TCK has to accept the oath, and if gunter believes you have not thought it through.. he may decline to accept your oath, in your own best interest.

Once you have Gunter's approval -- take your time. I insisted to do it last night, but it may have been better for more members to see it.. so they understand the ideals we are striving for in TCK.

Thanks for listening!
Aeternalia Tenite
Oath Sworn

"The Cherubim are forever my brothers and sisters..."
James
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Taking the Oath of Loyalty Empty Re: Taking the Oath of Loyalty

Post by Pampered One Fri 17 Oct - 18:48

As Always, well stated Brother. The taking of this oath is indeed not to be taken lightly. There are many reasons for one not too. Our Guild is rather odd in that we do not strive to do any one thing, with the exception of just being people that like/respect each other and want to spend our time together in this game.

The game is secondary. The people are first. We have members that prefer to travel alone within or Guild and we have members that will never understand completely. They are still cared for and welcomed into our home. Whether they eventually choose to "Marry" into the family or remain honored compatriots is their choice. Nonetheless, they will be Cherubim in equality. The Oath is the final step into "Marrying" into our family.

I may fight with my Brother; Argue with my Spouse; Ignore my Sister; but I will NEVER Deny them....they are my family forever. That is the Oath that James took, and that I accepted without a second thought.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down