The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Language in Alliance and Guild Chat

2 posters

Go down

Language in Alliance and Guild Chat Empty Language in Alliance and Guild Chat

Post by Pampered One Tue 8 Jul - 21:13

For starters, we have had no issues with anyone in our guild in these chat channels, but I am going to speak my mind to make clear my views on this subject.

As of late, there has been issues with spamming and foul language in Alliance chat in particular. Alliance and Guild chat are NOT the trade channel. It is perfectly acceptable to announce once that you have an item/items for sale and that is it. Repeating sales every few minutes is non tolerable. If it happens in our guild, I will issue one warning for this offense. A second occurance of this will show your total disregard for the Chat channel, rudeness towards mates, and a show of disrespect to me. I will boot you. Period. depending on your level of remorse will decide whether it is a temporary or permanent ban from the Guild.

Foul Language. again we have no issues with this in our guild. We all let slip the occasional D*** or S*** or something to that effect. As long as a quick, contrite apology follows and it is not habitual we have no issues. What I WILL NOT tolerate is a curse directed at an Ally or Guildmate. For those of you around for it on Sunday, I was told by a fairly longstanding member of TSK to "kiss off A**h***" in Alliance chat. That person is no longer in TSK nor will be back into any Ally guild as far as I know. If anyone in our guild has a similar outburst directed at an Ally or Guild member, my response will be just as swift and severe. Immediate banstick.

Again, these have not been issues with our group, and I am grateful to all of you for your respectful obedience to this small rule.
Thanks.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Language in Alliance and Guild Chat Empty Re: Language in Alliance and Guild Chat

Post by Aeternalia Wed 9 Jul - 14:35

I wasnt there on Sunday,

But I wish I could have seen Gunter's face.. I can see him mumbling "oh, no he didn't.."
as hes reaching into the guild vault for some very dull ineffective weapon to beat him with..

on the other hand.. I can't imagine anyone in TSK let that stand very long before the boot was handed out.

Unfortunately, there will always be a few people that can't present themselves with maturity and class.

Once again.. I am reminded how lucky we have been in TCK with this group of people!

James
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Language in Alliance and Guild Chat Empty Re: Language in Alliance and Guild Chat

Post by Pampered One Thu 10 Jul - 15:47

The most shocking part of it was I had just rolled in from vacation and had logged in for all of ten minutes when it happened. I see one guy from Ecto and one from TSK trying to hook up in TSK guild hall. They are shouting back and forth in Ally chat that they don't see each other and are they sure they are in the right Guild Hall. They totally had the Ally chat screen full of this back and forth. After a minute I said "It's not rocket science guys, one or both of you move and you'll see each other". So that was what illicited the response I got.

Guess I was being a smart alec in their eyes but they were just plain annoying if u ask me.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeternalia Thu 10 Jul - 16:49

Welcome back Gunter Smile how was the vacation?

James
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down