The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NCSOFT ACCT HACKED

+4
Claude Tuwshreads
Trytan
Godzuki
Danny
8 posters

Go down

NCSOFT ACCT HACKED Empty NCSOFT ACCT HACKED

Post by Danny Sun 24 Jan - 4:51

My account was hacked. My NCSOFT account. Last night as I was preparing for the HM UW mission with DAP I went offline. When I tried to sign back on I got a message that said "Your GW account has been terminated for payment fraud. This action is permanant. (code=45)

I have no idea what that means and I can not sign into my NCSOFT account. So I created another account to report it. I will be really upset if I lose 3 years of playing history. Mad
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

NCSOFT ACCT HACKED Empty Re: NCSOFT ACCT HACKED

Post by Godzuki Sun 24 Jan - 9:26

Oh man, that sounds awful. Did you buy anything from NCSoft recently? I heard about this problem back in November of last year. A lot of people were getting the same message as you after recently purchasing something. It was because of an error in data transfer. I'm sure they'll get back to you immediately regarding whatever it is that happened. NCSoft might be lousy at replying back to support tickets but I've never heard of anyone's account being permanently banned when they really didn't do anything. I'm sure you'll get your account back but it might take a few days for them to reply.

I hope everything works out.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Sun 24 Jan - 20:54

This really sucks Dan, as Franc said this was a fairly big problem back in November that happened to quite a few people in Guild Wars. You'd figure they would have it fixed by now. Basically if you made a purchase through the in-game store there was a bug sometimes where the credit card data wouldn't go through for some reason resulting in a fraudlent payment flag being raised.

Once that flag was raised the account in question is automatically permabanned. I just did some digging and found the old thread on Guru about it.

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/accounts-banned-for-fraud-look-t10376668.html?t=10376668

I guess the only good thing from all this is that you weren't actually hacked and all of your stuff will be there once you get the account back. Be prepared though to give them alot of info in order to get it back. They'll likely ask for all of your serial codes, dates of purchase for each game/campaign, and I've heard they'll even ask for photos of your game boxes and serial codes.

At the time this was really happening alot they were also refunding and giving people the purchase that caused the problem for free.

Gotta say I'm really sorry to hear that you've been given the shaft here from yet another NCSoft blunder. Hopefully you'll be able to get your account back within a week. I remember hearing people that had this problem months ago complaining about the back and forth support process being quite slow and taking nearly a month to get their account back. Crying or Very sad
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sun 24 Jan - 21:14

I did get some stuff for Christmas. Faction for my third account, some storage for my primary account. The stuff was purchased in November but not added until after the holiday. But if I have to provide pictures of my boxes I am out of luck...I am not a collector. ido not keep what I do not need and I did not anticipate needing them.

But my loving family seeing me in ultimate distress has provided me with a GW trilogy just now. I will get it installed later tonight and let you know what the toon name is. One thing I have learned from this....I will never have more than one game account per NcSoft account...there is no advantage to it and a big danger to it.
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Sun 24 Jan - 21:46

Providing pictures of your boxes would be the quickest way to get your account back. I've luckily never had to go through the process myself so I'm not sure if it's absolutely necessary. It would seem ridiculous if it is as most people don't save boxes and paper keys for a game that is 4 years old. You will need at least some of your serials/keys. Check your emails for old confirmations to see if you can at least find some of your keys.

But if the purchases were made in November maybe this isn't the same issue and is some other kind of problem. Have you heard back from NCSoft support yet? I would suggest being polite but very persistent in your communication with them. It sounds like this is something which was an error on their end since you're getting the 045 fraud error code. As long as you can find at least a key or two that was tied to one of your accounts don't take no for an answer. It may take a very long time to get your accounts back but at least hopefully you'll be able to get them back.

And yeah in light of what's been learned recently about the issues with NCSoft master accounts it is a very bad idea to link more than one account to them. I've been lucky enough to not get hacked or lose my account but hearing all of the horror stories over the past half year or so has left me fairly ticked of with NCSoft. I'm really looking forward to GW2 but if like Aion we're forced to tie it to an NCSoft account I may not even bother.

Just let me know the toon name on your new account and I'll make sure to log in and get you an invite sent.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sun 24 Jan - 21:52

I just got it loaded. The toon is: drum roll please

Di Not Do It

LOL jocolor
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Sun 24 Jan - 21:57

Gotta get going in a few minutes but I will log in quick and send you the invite. Good luck Dan....I couldn't imagine having to start over from scratch at this point in the game.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sun 24 Jan - 21:59

Thx, it just takes time, and time I got lots of, that and friends. Smile
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Sun 24 Jan - 22:02

Oh no!!! I changed my password a few weeks back, haven't logged in for a couple weeks and now I can't remember the dang thing. I know I wrote it down somewhere.....I wish my desk was more organized.

I shall try to dig it up later tonight and get logged in.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude Tuwshreads Mon 25 Jan - 3:21

Somehow I missed this thread...but since you're having problems logging in, Boss...I've popped online to send an invite!
Claude Tuwshreads
Claude Tuwshreads
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Mon 25 Jan - 5:58

Thanks for the invite. I made it thru the beginners island tonite and up to lvl 10, unfortunately when I was running to Kanieg City I got careless and the beasties jumped out of the hole and killed me so this toon won't be a survivor. I don't have EOTN to get Kilroy to advance him 10 lvls anyway. Likely won't have that for a couple of weeks.

Being that I am starting from scratch I will appreciate any assistance I can get. If anyone has a decent Rit staff they could loan me for a couple of weeks and a long bow with 20% enchant on it I would be forever grateful. I am optimistic about getting my account back, but realistic about how long it will take. I am sure I will have a fully seasoned rit by the time it happens Wink
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Tue 26 Jan - 1:17

Thanks Claude, I was finally able to find my password this morning and logged in quickly to notice that you had already sent Dan the invite.

As far as gear Dan I'm not sure what I've got on my mule account at the moment. I don't think I have much in the may of Rit staffs but I think I might have a 20% enchant mod for a bow in there somewhere. I've got some free time tomorrow afternoon and was planning on logging in for an hour or two. I'll see what I've got then.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude Tuwshreads Tue 26 Jan - 1:40

I'll check thru my characters and see if I have any stashed too. If I've got anything...you're welcome to it. It's probably just taking up space anyway.

***Update*** Sorry, can't help ya with either item.
Claude Tuwshreads
Claude Tuwshreads
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by funky Thu 28 Jan - 5:19

Hope u get it all settled ASAP.

I have some green starves lying around, just give me a shout in game.
funky
funky
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thu 28 Jan - 5:31

I got an email from NCSOFT Saturday asking me for all of my keys and my first born grandchild and their first born, samples of dna and sworn affadafits from 3 judges and 2 senators that I am who I say I am. If I can provide that they will escalate it up to the next level for consideration of approval to be seen by the committe that deternines if it has merit to be weighed by the subcommittee on account fruad. In the event that I can not provide all of that then they simply toss it over their shoulder and if it falls into the "he gets it back" bin, I get lucky. If not I have to start the process all over again.

jocolor

Actually it was a nice email and I replied back cordially that I was unable to provide all 12 to 15 keys but I was able to provide 3 and a lot of unique information about the account. So now I wait and see. In a week or so I will send a polite inquiry to see how it is going.

Meanwhile, I had forgotten how difficult it was to do the missions without EOTN lvl 20 heroes. LOL, I am a rookie again.

lol

Last edited by Danny on Thu 28 Jan - 5:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I cant type)
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TIll KIll Sat 30 Jan - 6:03

Dan any time I'm on let me know I'll help "run " ya if you need but have a funny feeling youll end up doing it the hard way and grind it out again
TIll KIll
TIll KIll
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 77
Other games played : LOL I'm doing good to handle GW and you want more
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 Mon 1 Feb - 21:18

Hey man if you need money or anything of the sort just feel free to ask hah
Acolyte41
Acolyte41
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 106
Other games played : You name it...
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

NCSOFT ACCT HACKED Empty NCSOFT STINKS

Post by Danny Tue 16 Feb - 23:12

Or atleast their support policies do.

I spent 3 hours of waiting yesterday and never spoke to a person. Today I finally spoke to a semi-human who sort of apologized for being unable to discuss blocked accounts with me. That "matter" is handled online only. Period, not negotiable, if I wanted to hold for 45 minutes of so her manager would be happy to tell me the same thing.

grrrrr

They insist I come up with all my key codes, to date I have come up with over half of them. To me anyone with that many must me the undisputed owner of the account. Plus I was able to provide them with the unique account ID. Oh well, we will just wait and see. They have not said no yet.

The thing is, they don't have to give you a reason to do this, they can just block your account and say it is for code 45, fraud and "poof" no more acount. Yeak, i know, I am whining.

But Till and I have got my new Rit her Protector of Cantha title and will soon have his for his nec and I am all the way up to the Battle Depths in Eotn. Can't whine about friends like that. I miss my 4 leaf clovers but march is coming up so i should be able to get a few....(not 3 stacks though...grumble whine grumble....but Till will have to help me run back to the Ruins of Surmia (no points off for spelling).Everyone has been very supportive and for that I thank you. See you on line soon!

PS I will update my sig soon...sob...it is no longer true...sob....(its up to you to figure out if i am crying or cursing) lol Sad Evil or Very Mad
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 Thu 18 Feb - 4:46

Protector of cantha.. PSH TEH N00B

lol kidding. Buttt you should talk more when your online Smile I cant seem to get ur attention
NCSOFT ACCT HACKED Icon_rr
Acolyte41
Acolyte41
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thu 18 Feb - 18:04

Sorry I have missed you. I am the worlds slowest typist so I dont chat much, but i usually say hello when i first come on. If you want to catch my attention, the best way to do it is to whisper me, it makes a sound, other wise i am so narrow minded all i see is what is trying to kill me rabbit , as you get older you will understand, i can only concentrate on one thing at a time . lol

I will be sure to say hi next time i see you. pirat
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stryder of Argonoth Thu 18 Feb - 21:30

Hey Dan sorry to hear about your account. but glad to see you back in guild I recently logged back into GW. oh quick question. Have you seen any time cards for Aion? i recently got the game but can't log in because of NCsofts failure to allow you to have time initially without the use of a credit card, Paypal or pre-paid card.
Stryder of Argonoth
Stryder of Argonoth
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 Thu 18 Feb - 21:39

Stryder of Argonoth wrote:Hey Dan sorry to hear about your account. but glad to see you back in guild I recently logged back into GW. oh quick question. Have you seen any time cards for Aion? i recently got the game but can't log in because of NCsofts failure to allow you to have time initially without the use of a credit card, Paypal or pre-paid card.

whew thats quite an epic fail 0.o
Acolyte41
Acolyte41
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content