The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GW 2 news coming soon????

3 posters

Go down

GW 2 news coming soon???? Empty GW 2 news coming soon????

Post by Game Nurse Sat 15 Aug - 18:54

So I was checking out Massively.com and they have several articles stating that there is going to be some news coming out about GW2 by the end of this year!!!

Let's HOPE HOPE HOPE that it is news stating that it is slated for release in 2010!!

Of course they have some huge competition what with Star Wars and Final Fantasy both coming out. They would probably be smart to wait until 2011 as some people have projected, in order to give those other games space to release and become stale.

Maybe they are waiting until Aion is launched and going smoothly until they release more news...

Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!

n
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

GW 2 news coming soon???? Empty Re: GW 2 news coming soon????

Post by Trytan Sun 16 Aug - 6:49

My guess is that it's going to be late 2010 or early 2011 for a Guild Wars 2 release. One of Anet's community managers has guaranteed that there will be new info on the game released before years end!

The delay sucks....but I imagine it's NCsoft that's calling the shots, wanting to give Aion a chance to establish itself before releasing GW2. But the longer amount of time ANet has to polish and add more to the game, the better it should end up being....I've still got more than enough stuff to finish off in Guild Wars anyways while I'm waiting.

The recent departure of one of the founding developers of Guild Wars (Jeff Strain) from NCSoft does have me a bit worried on what track GW2 is taking. He was no longer working for ANet and was working for NCSoft...but I imagine he must have still had his hands in the development of GW2. Did he leave because he was ticked off with the direction they were taking the game? Did he leave because GW2 is taking a backseat to Aion? Or is it truly just an amicable parting of ways due to a totally unrelated issue?

Lots of people seem to be reading a lot into his parting ways with NCSoft, but many of these are the same people who are claiming that GW2 is nothing more than vaporware because there hasn't been any info in such a long time. It's technically not really all that long when you think about it though Diablo III was in development for a 3 or 4 years I think before Blizzard even announced it, and with the recent delay to Starcraft 2 it'll likely be 2011 before it's even realeased.

The lack of info about GW2 is frustrating but I can see where ANet is coming from. They had to focus on it's development and that meant stopping the release of new chapters for GW. If they didn't announce it so early and tell people that's what they were working on then everyone would be wondering why there were no more new chapters being released.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Mon 17 Aug - 5:43

Good post Try, and that is exactly right. If they had not announced GW2 like 3 years ago, people would not be so disinheartened.

Well, I for one cannot STAND waiting! I want it NOw NOw NOw NOw NOW!!!!!!! Even news would make me happy (kinda)!

Ah well, even stamping my feet has no effect, so I guess we just have to wait.

*sigh*

n
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Mon 17 Aug - 22:30

YES!!!!!!

Read this:

http://www.massively.com/2009/08/17/guild-wars-2-news-coming-this-week/#continued

Thinkgs are looking up!!!!

n
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Tue 18 Aug - 0:14

This is great news! Sounds like we may be getting to see a trailer or at least some screenshots in the coming weeks and there's also the possibility that GW2 is going to be shown at the upcoming PAX convention.

Maybe all the Aion conspiracy theories were dead wrong and they actually were just waiting till the game had an adequate amount of polish to show it off, what with them finally giving us a look at it (and only a month or so before Aion is set to release).

Gotta say I'm excited to finally hear some news about it and look forward to getting a glimpse.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Tue 18 Aug - 13:50

About freaking time they decided to release news on GW2. It's been 2 years since they first announced it, so whatever they show ought to be good.

Oh, and what Aion conspiracy theories are you talking about? The only ones I can share are for WoW, but I doubt anyone would wanna hear them.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Tue 18 Aug - 16:15

I think Trytan probably means that everyone figured that 1) GW2 is actually Aion and there will never be a GW2 or 2) They were going to wait until Aion was out for a year or so before releasing GW2 to avoid competition.

But then again, they just announced NEWS was coming, who know? They may say the game is going to be realsed in 2012!!! THAT is news! Of a sort *grin*

n
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Tue 18 Aug - 22:39

Evil or Very Mad Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants if the big news was that Guild Wars 2 is being further delayed cyclops

But it seems that it isn't going to be just news and that we are going to actually be seeing something and that they're going to begin talking about the game itself.

And by the Aion conspiracy theories I was referring to #2 Nurse. That NCSoft was forcing ANet to delay GW2 and put a freeze on all GW2 related info until Aion had realeased and established a playing base.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down