The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aion available!!!

+7
funky
HeavyMetalHead
homework19
Pampered One
TIll KIll
Danny
Game Nurse
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Aion available!!! Empty Aion available!!!

Post by Game Nurse Tue 30 Jun - 20:32

Hey gang!!

Well Aion is availble for preorder. and you all know me...I jumped on the bandwagon and bought it! The game is downloading as we speak. Well, as I type anyways *grin*

But seriously, I will report back to you guys as to what I think if it.

If ANYONE of you gets it, post it on here!! I wanna join with you guys!!!

Sooooo excited! I want wings!! And just THINK of all the cute new **** suits I get to try on!! Yay!! Happy day!!!!

n
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Aion available!!! Empty Re: Aion available!!!

Post by Game Nurse Wed 1 Jul - 18:07

Hmmm it seems the forums do not like naughty words, like slutt. Cannot say as I blame it *smile*

At any rate, you are right Andrew, I got the preorder so that means I can play the beta sessions, which are starting this weekend, or I should say going on again this weekend since they have had a couple others a few weeks ago I guess.

So far the opening screen looks lovely. It really reminds me of GW though. I wonder if they took some of the stuff from GW2 and morphed it into this...

I am not even sure if I am gonna play the Beta to be honest, I only bought it because, well, it was available! And I love buying things! And I also get extra fancy special wings!! Yay!!

Yes, I am shallow. So sad.

n
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Wed 1 Jul - 18:33

And here is a review written about Aion that I came across.

I am not trying to sell this game to you guys. Really.

Really Really.

I am just posting this for general information and because I am always looking around the corner for the next new thing *smile*

here a review from someone who has played the game

Overall Score:4.72 or 95%

Peer Mash up:1.Aion
2.Vanguard
3.WoW
4.Eve
5.GuildWars/Lineage

Overview: I’d have to say my over all experience was one of delighted fun. Every nook and cranny of this game showed of care and detail. In a day and age where its hard to one up the last guy. It is these small details that make a game great. With beautiful environments, a great combat system, also being Korea’s number one mmo in sales and subscriptions it’s hard not to like this game. So you ask your self, is it hype or is this a sound game. In the following review I will try to help you sort through that.

I.Presentaion Overall 4.5:

a.Story 4.0: The fact that this mmo even has an actual story is something that was something surprising for this genre of late. Yes lots of mmo’s have fragmented story bits that are usually not connected in any way of form. This game has a unfolding story line that progresses as your character evolved and matures. Strung together with a main quest line and cinematics (that seem to be cut short in beta to conceal story line)which is a nice touch. The bad news is that though amazing looking and well deviled its the same RPG story that has been around forever. You are some powerful lord that in some conflict of one kind or another has lost your memory and abilities. You job is to reclaim those abilities and find out what happened through cryptic flashbacks, and finding people along the way who know who you are. I’m sure the storyline go deeper then that, but that it all summed up. It is still nice to have a story when most mmo have forgotten what use to make RPG’s great.

b. Graphics 4.6:Well I could not give Aion a 5 because of those of you that would expect fully 3d rendered graphics. On the other had I could not give graphics 4 because of the ingenuity and artistic value put it the Aion graphics. The graphics engine used is a painted matte hybrid mixed with the Crytek Engine. The best way to explain this is if you were on a movie set with a painted back drop but had real props and real actors. So ground and far sky the are hi-res painted textures with layered 3d environment effects and object. With the way they implement the to together it’s hard to notice unless your looking for it. With all the other aspects mixed in if you did notice it you soon forget. Why did they do it this way you ask. Well they have big plans to make sever vs. server PVP of a supposed 200 players. It has be confirmed that there is 54 man raid content consisting of 6 man groups. Also during the course of beta there were times when the was over 100 players around me with max settings on and no leg, going at 56 fps on my laptop. So the consensus is if you can play vanguard on a computer on any capacity you can play this maxed out just about.

c.Animations 5.0: This Is another one of the many areas of Aion that shines of attention to the small details. So you standing in a pond with fish what do yah do? Why not try to grab one.
Or say you outside and it starts raining. Why not cover your head with something. These are some of the many context sensitive things you toon does just sitting around. When you type certain words in a sentence the game picks up on it, which cause an emote. Like typing “lol” makes your tune laugh or putting “here” in a sentence makes you toon say a verbal “hey” and motion over with his had. This a first caught me off guard but then I started noticing patterns and thought it was a very nice touch. You still have you regular cued emote. My two favorites being /wings witch make you show off your wings, and /sleep in which you produce a cloud and relax on it. The fun doesn’t stop there. It is mesmerizing to watch the stings of skills go off fluently like the game almost knows which skill you will cast next. Also when you knock someone back they actually knock back and have to stumble to there feet. Same is true if you interrupt someone they go it to a frustrated emote. This cohesiveness of skill along with the level detail in each skill makes this a real treat.
Here’s a mob that got knock on to his knees where other frailer mobs might fall to there back.

d. Sound & Music 5.0: Aion has got a plethora of sound effect that are just as they should be. The sound track is great and dynamic at that. Not just in the normal if you in this or that spot it plays a particular music. But also has a battle music unique to every spot. Again above the norm.

II. Gameplay Overall 4.8:

a. Combat 5.0:
Watch closely and see all the skill lighting up in there tree, and toward the middle right the combo branch choices going off.

The combat in this game is fun to watch and amazing to play. It is base of a chain system. You start off with base attack that is part of a combo three. When you activate a base attack it both light up other skills of that tree that are on your bar or the UI can pop them up around your enemy. Usually two or three skills per branch after that. This gives a very strategic feel to battle. If these a particular skill you want that down a skill tree you have to commit to it. If you cast another base attack other then that skill tree it lock it out till the base timer has reset. Also you have to know your timers on different skills. The higher up on the tree the longer the reset timer so if you didn’t wait long enough to cast the base skill you might of gone up that tree for no reason and wasted time. This rewards skill over button mashing, and makes very immersive combat. For those that just want to mash buttons the game also has default branches that it will go to when picking a base attack. So you pick a base attack it then will be replaced by the icon of the next default skill on your key bar you can click this key again to activate that branch or click a different branch in that tree to go a different direction and then back to button mashing. It has been made so that you can make it as challenging or easy as you want. The more effort you put into it the more you get out of it. And example of this is there was a tank of my type 3 levels above me. We dueled and I went carefully through my skill trees vs. him that was obviously mashing. I beat him with 20% health left from the combo trees and skill I got up.

b. Character Development 4.5: They have taken an old school approach with a new twist on a few aspects in this game. This area is one of them. Instead of allocating your attribute point. you get them dependent on: one what class you are and two what abilities you perform the most. As you perform skills you get experience in them, leveling up their effectiveness. Also there are socket s in allot of the armor pieces for a very Diablo feel but just a little different. It may not be what you use to but its balanced out and enough customization in attribute to where you can stance out, but also does not let you stray to far.

c.UI & Interactoins 5.0: The implementation and organization of this UI is incredible. There is a windows for just about everything from crafting to emote even a macro making window that has tools and tips to help you out. The UI auto arranges all windows as they pop up and go down (this can be turned off). Log book is very cool. All your mission have key people places or things that are hyperlinked when you click them they lead to more info, and sometime even more info. You can also have it mark on your map where these thing are. Very useful if you missed something in quest dialog. It’s Like having a wiki-logbook.
If you pop open your character it will open you inventory with it and attach it to the bottom or you can open inventory by its self. It even has a sort button that sort items in your inventory by type. When you go to vendors there a button for sell all cash loot and it take it out of your inventory. All the shops have an hopping cart type motif where you pick all the item you want to buy or sell. It ring up a total. If you over pick witch items you want off double check them and then do your transaction. Skills are bought achieved through books. You can by them in advance if you want to have them when you level and click them out in the field.

Side Notes: Gold is like copper in VG so don’t be shocked when you see high prices. Also know that this games text system is case and text sensitive. So be careful not to put a space accidentally on the back of your name or make a name like this “KoMaNcHu HikOMan ” because now one will add you or be likely want to ad you before they give up.

Summary: This is one of those game that because of the great care put into it you get spoiled and it’s hard to play any other game after you have played it.

Please if you have any questions I missed or would like more info about something. Don’t be afraid to ask. There are thing I just did not put in because it would be going on about a certain area to long. Like I said everywhere I turned there was something that caught my eye and there is just too much to right about and a lot of it is better delivered when experienced. Sorry if the review is a little rough. I haven’t written anything of this scale in a long time. Chatting has been the extent of my writing for the last 2 years. Hope this helped.
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Aion available!!! Empty I am impressed

Post by Danny Wed 1 Jul - 22:35

Nice review Nursey!

Actually I played the last beta weekend and leveled a mage and warrior each to level 10 without many problems (beta limits you to level 10). I spent a little time with my wings and was having trouble fighting from the air, a skill I guess will come with practice. My spell caster had the easier go of it but I spent about the same time leveling both toons.

I really liked the game and may be splitting my time between GW and Aion. I have limited experience with online games (GWs and a couple of free games like Runes of Magic). I tried WOW and Lineage II but did not continue past my initial time that came with the game. I wasn't inspired. This game was fun, has awesome graphics and animations and the story line makes sense so far. It is different for me to be interacting with other players while exploring but it is mostly a positive experience.

The next beta event is this weekend and i will get to explore the dark side (Asmodian race), last event was the light side (Elyos race). I am looking forward to the event.

The only way I know of to get into the closed beta is to pre-order Aion, details are at NCSOFt. I received mine as a gift. There are 3 more beta event sheduled before the September debut. Preordering also gives you a 48 headstart on the rest of the world and a couple of bonus items.

This is a pay to play game but I am hoping some of the guild members will take the plunge, maybe it will renew the enthusiasm that some us seem to have lost.

Thanks again Nurse for the awesome review.

PS I am also not trying to sell you on the game, I like it and will for a while be paying the monthly fee to explore its possibilities. I will also be continuing with GWs.
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Thu 2 Jul - 2:03

Dan!!

You sneaky old man! I never guessed you were cheating... ahem...trying out another game on us!!!

And here I thought you were a one game kinda guy. Just goes to show, never trust the quiet ones...

Yeah, that is a neat a review, just to clarify, I did not write it. I have not even gotten a chance to play the game yet! But it really makes me excited to try the game!!

Did you know that this next beta weekend will have us going to level 20???

Noon tomorrow buddy. Be there or be square...

(Well noon to me anyways. And it is ALL about me *grin*)

n
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thu 2 Jul - 4:09

I will be there, but I do not know my server or how to contact you in game. And I wasn't...ahem .....aren't cheating, just exploring my options. I gave my son one of my GW accounts and he gave me the pre-order thingy.

Do you know the jerk got Survivor on his first toon....show off.

Anyway I will be on tomorrow after doctor's visit. It is my second home these days. The nurses all know me by sight .....not always a good thing.

Hope we can hook up in Aion.
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by TIll KIll Thu 2 Jul - 8:07

Well guess I'll be leaving this 1 up to you guys I still have a hard time with the pay to play idea and I'm sure I'll catch flack for that but I look at it this way in GW I have spend about $200 for 2 full acc and can't see spending more to play every month but I also haven't played wow and some of the other pay as you go games so .... I can't really say anything other than for me and my cash think we are going to stay at home and let the big dogs play so best of luck to all that do and hope that you don't forget us cheapskates back here at the hall will miss you all when your not here and will welcome you when you are besides need someone to keep a eye on me when I'm tanking a nero .... but that maybe why nurse is looking for somewhere to bail out too there has been a time or two that I may have been known to but a few gray hairs in her poor head

Till Kill Twisted Evil
TIll KIll
TIll KIll
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 77
Other games played : LOL I'm doing good to handle GW and you want more
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Thu 2 Jul - 16:07

Bought the presale version and installed it. Only one copy. Krist, Ann and I will each try to take a few minutes to check it out this weekend.

If I were to foray into this game, it would more then likely only be 1 month every couple of months. Just not that gung ho when I still have so many free servers I can play on in other games.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Thu 2 Jul - 17:30

rofl Till - I will monk for you anytime. You keep things exciting!!

Gunter!! How can you possibly go only 1 month every few months??? You are too funny. $15 a month is nothing! I mean really, a dinner and a movie out will pay for an entire year almost!!

But either way, I really hope to see you all there and I shall report back after this weekend what I thought about it!!!

With FULL update of the clothing and hair possibilities, naturally....

*smile*

n
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by homework19 Fri 3 Jul - 13:37

if many of you go to aion I hope you really enjoy it. I always said I would NEVER pay a monthly fee to play games online. I have been hooked on LOTRO. All the crafting options, horse travel, quests - just too much to name. I still hop on GW just to roam about, but I hope aion is to you guys what Lord of the Rings is to me. Hope things are going good for all of you, i still stop by the forums everyday. Sometime I will have to catch you all online!
homework19
homework19
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 49
Other games played : COD5, Making History, Red Orchestra, IL2, NHL 09, NCAA Football 09
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Sat 4 Jul - 4:14

Ah I LOVE LoTRO.. it is really really super fun!!

I will always subscribe to that as well.

I quit WoW. Got bored. So I am no longer playing there, have not for a few months actually. I will sub to LoTRO and Aion I think...until the star wars MMO comes out. Then I will have to up my monthly tally to 3!!!

n
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Sat 4 Jul - 6:21

With the way it's looking...Aion may be my first long-term pay-2-play. Would go with the beta, but the depending on the size of the download, it would probably reek havoc on my internet usage. AT&T is being lazy as hell about expanding the DSL internet to as far out of town as I live.

Anyway, I might go with what Dan did for WoW just to see how ridiculous that game is. Not about to do that with Warhammer Online, since the WoW has been out longer and is now 20 bucks for the base game, whereas Warhammer costs 40 bucks. Would be better if the local Wal-Mart still had the 2 buck 15-day trial disks. The only place that still has the things is the Best Buy the next town over.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by funky Mon 20 Jul - 6:31

Saw the pre-sales version of AION at my local store but didnt get it. Shop owner told me its for the US server even though Taiwan, Korea or China is closer to home Laughing

Haven't decided whether to go for it.

Standard version about U$53 while collecter's edtion is about U$66.66

Didn't ask about the monthly sub but was told it might be the same as WoW (U$15?)

BTW, can't remember whether it is Warhammer Online or Age of Conan being offered at 50% off at some game shops here
funky
funky
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Mon 20 Jul - 16:25

I heard it was to be $15 as well, which makes sense, since that is what most games are. Except Lord of the Rings is only $9.99 and, in my opinion, the best of the bunch so far...

Except for GW of course. Man, I cannot WAIT for GW2!!!!!!

One day....One day... *sigh*

n
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by tamuril Thu 23 Jul - 9:16

Been looking at this and got chatting to a lot of folks from guilds I belonged to from MMO's way back.
General feeling from those who've been doing the beta's is 'Leave it alone'!!

Some frightening stories coming out about the PVP and that NCSoft doesn't give a crap about pve players leaving in droves!!

I know it's early days, but concerned about this one if this stuff is not sorted before going live.

Tam
tamuril
tamuril
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Thu 23 Jul - 14:21

Frightening??

Like what exactly?

n
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by tamuril Thu 23 Jul - 17:44

Well, I've spoken in length to some who have been in beta and been involved for quite some time with the game, what I'll try to do is cut and paste some stuff over from a forum where they play another MMO. As I said, hopefully this stuff will be sorted before release.

One guy was concerned and posted on a forum about his concerns, this is some of the replies he got back......

Here's some advice he got:

So basically you're nyerked off because you suck and people are better than you.
Please quit the game right now, you going to whine about this its only going to get worse.
Get the **** out!
Never post on the internet again! EVAR!
/facepalm Pls go die carebears

Another player then jumped in and said:

I mean seriously, what kind of screwed up mindset do you have to be in where you actively want to cause frustration and annoyance to people who can't compete? I prefer my PVP competition to be on a level playing field where I know that I beat the opponent because I was better than he was. When was the last time you saw an NFL team camping in front of a high school football field challenging the junior varsity team to a game?

and got feedback:

I still find this so fken hilarious lmao
u know what?
if u cant handle it, quit

There's even a legion (guild) entirely focused on "ganking newbs", called Rage Quit. They are in many MMOs and issued a statement on the forum:

Games are made to PvP. You kill monsters, to get items, to kill other players. Anyone who can't handle that deserves to be killed on sight, and will be. I want you to get mad, I want you to hate my guild. I want you to "try" and get back at me, because you know what? You just aren't good enough.
Enjoy the flowers, nyerking losers.

and with a nice motto:

Make kids cry, kick some ass, and have fun.

I sent a note to one of the mods and asked if people who are this rude shouldn't be banned, but he said this is a PvP game and it's only part of that.

There's also a lot of talk about bots and hacks and how to get to level cap in four days. People just aren't interested in the story, or questing. It's all about PvP and bragging rights, and that's not for me. They say that in 'C-Aion' (Chinese version) everybody's using speedhacks or you won't stand a chance and that these hacks are being developed for the NA and EU versions. Bots like "Walker" used for levelling are already in development and a Swedish forum I visited had plenty of tips on how to use them.

***********************************************************************************************

There is a lot of other stuff there too, but this gives a taste of what's been happening.
I just hope that NCSoft does address some of the issues that are happening in the beta events. Given their aggresive approach to bots etc in GW, I certainly hope so.

I was about to pre-order but will give it a miss until it's gone live for awhile and see how it's going.

Tam
tamuril
tamuril
Shield Bearer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Fri 24 Jul - 4:01

Hmmmm, well I guess we will sww what heppens then. I ahve to say that I played a bit in beta and did not run across a single rude person. Everyone was happy and having fun and were polite, but then again I did not make it to level cap, so maybe it is different there.

And quite honestly, that type of behaviour is on every game. I see quite a lot of jerks in GW and WoW is just ridiculous (when I playedi it), so it is inevitable.

I am actually kinda ambivilant myself. I do not have the time I used to have to play right now, maybe in the winter that will change, but at this point, I am not playing much, and when i do I play here or GW or LotRO, or sometimes Xbox - Mass Effect is VERY fun, or even good old fashioned PC games like Black and White 2.

And then there is the new Star Wars coming out and the new Final Fantasy MMO, and then, and then, and then!!!

More than enough to keep us busy!

n
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by tamuril Fri 24 Jul - 10:54

I agree with you there, been in enough beta's in my time and seen it all. As far as I can tell, it's all closed beta's over a w/e period, maybe if they did an open beta in the run up to release a lot of this stuff would be sorted out.

One of the problems encountered was as soon as you become lvl 20, pvp is allowed everywhere and NOT consensual, hence folks are lining up and 'ganking' players who have no chance. Speaking to a Dev, he was told in the 'live' game there would be 'rifts' allowing anyone to move into a 20+ area and that there would be a penalty system in place to punish those who persisted in 'ganking'. This is the concerning bit though......... when my friend then asked if they would really follow that through in the 'live' game, the Dev's reply was staggering, and I quote along the lines of 'We will do our best to try to balance play, but they will make a load of money from the pvp'ers so will not worry that much'.

Ok, I appreciate that's just one Dev shooting his mouth off, but if true, very concerning. I'm hoping sense will prevail and they introduce some form of strict 'zoning' so if you want to pvp you enter these and those who just want to play pve are given the chance to do so without fear of being ganked.

I'm sure a lot of things will be sorted before going 'live' but for me, as it's 'pay to play' I'll now leave it and see how it pans out. It would be a shame as overall the game is getting some very good reviews regarding graphics, gameplay, questing etc, even the crafting system is looking good. Would be a shame if the pvp'ing issue were to overshadow all of that.

Tam
tamuril
tamuril
Shield Bearer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Fri 24 Jul - 16:09

Guys, this is not unprecedented or unexpected in a NC Soft game. Let me pass out some of my experiences as an old NC Soft gamer.

Lineage 1....starting area for Royalty and Mages was called Talking Island. It had a number of non pvp "safety" zones. But once you hit about level 15-20 there was just no point in staying any longer. Only way off the island...in the early days....was a 20 minute boat ride that dropped you in a general zone about a 30 second run from the safety of a town called Gludin. Problem.....droves of pvp'er would camp out the dock and obliterate players coming off the boat. also they camped the exits to towns to catch people wandering outside of the town to hunt. Since it was impossible to have attained full law by that stage of the game, not only were you going to lose xp...you had good chances to drop items as well.

They eventually added a teleportation NPC but that cost you about as much money as you had made up to that point, so now you were a safe...broke newbie surrounded by pvp'ers. Every zone in the game is pvp open....the only place safe was in town. Needless to say there were a number of clans devoted to killing players so every venture had a roughly 1/3 chance of you ending up dead or "venzing" (using an escape scroll) and ending up back in town and trying to start all over to hunt to make some money.

Another Lineage 1 story.....I and my pledge(clan) had an on going fued with a clan of pvp'ers called FCA. It was a kill on site situation instigated by them. Krist, my son, was about 4 years old at the time and loved the sound dwarves made when you killed them. I think I was about level 40 at the time and he wanted to play a little. I set him up for a hunt and moved him to a very out of the way unfrequented area to kill dwarves to his content.
After about 30 minutes he runs to me and says someone killed him. i recognized the name immediatly as one of the FCA members. I whispered the guy and explained to him it was my 4 year old son goofing around. He said no problem. I set Krist up again...the guy came back and killed him again anyways.

Thats the mindset you will run into if Aion is set up the way Tamuril says he is seeing.

Lineage 2.....similar setup to Lineage 1....get off the newbie area and get to the first real town. you are about level 20. you venture out of town and suddenly you get shot by an arrow that does 3500 hp damage. Ummm you only had 500 to begin with. you are now dead. You did'nt even see the other guy. He was roughly level 50+. This happens to you about 1 out of every 4 times you try to leave town. If you say anything you are a cry baby or a carebear. you may get some higher players that are willing to come hunt down these people....but not usually. You are at their mercy.

So this game is likely to follow the lineage 2 theme. Fight for your life and as you try to hunt you will be constantly turning the view to look over your back. it can be thrilling but at the same time it gets very old fast. So expect to eat a lot of HP potions and be running alot.

Everyone needs to understand that this is the way Koreans think and like their games. NCSoft is a Korean company. the only reason GW was so carebearish is because ArenaNet was involved and they are a western based company.

i have nothing against pvp'ers myself. But there are so many classless pvp people out there. When you get killed by someone and he moves on...or says.."nothing personal" or says "nice fight" or does'nt bother you when you come back out to hunt....thats classy and fun. Unfortunatly they are the minority.

The majority are known as Grief Killers or pvp'ers. They will kill you endlessly. they will call you loser....fag...and a host of worse names. They will trick you into letting them res you and then kill you again. They enjoy the torment they cause. many of them want casual or carebearish players to quit altogether. They are pimply faced morons that have no social skills in real life and have the IQ of a hamster. This is what you are going to face if Aion goes the way that Tam seems to indicate.

lol, have fun. I already got Lineage 2 for that. don't need another game of the same ilk.

JR
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by tamuril Fri 24 Jul - 20:09

Wow, thx for that reply Gunter, you have basically described EXACTLY what is happening in Aion now. My friends were telling morealess word for word what you have said. Those who complain of being ganked over and over are subjected to severe verbal abuse in various forms. One really has to feel quite sorry for them if that is the only form of enjoyment they seek.

I've been subjected to similar stuff in other games, and while they are free you put up with it for awhile, but no way would I ever consider paying for that honour. It's sad to see this kind of thing, especially as the game does look promising but you can see where it's heading straight away. Definately one to cross off the list then, just want to see this go 'live' and hope they get on with GW2. Smile

Tam
tamuril
tamuril
Shield Bearer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharalei Tue 28 Jul - 2:45

Hey Guys,

I know!! I've not been around and only logged in a few times since joining the Cherubim's. Appologies for that, but the reason is I've been focussed on this Aion we speak of! It's just, enchanted me.

I've played the beta's and studied the forums etc. To my understanding, the PvP ganking thing won't be as awful as you think. Well, maybe at the start, for a month or so, but it will settle down. Why you ask? Because the Devs are implementing incentives to leave levellers alone. When you PvP you gain points, more if you kill someone higher than yourself, less if you kill same level, less still for lower level. Apparently, if you kill a much lower level, you lose points! Yes, you actually lose, so there is no point in killing them at all. So, what about the inevitable kids that just kill for the sake of it? After so many kills (not sure how many) of lower levels, your points not only go down but so does your ability to take damage. Eventually, you become a walking mashmellow and can be strod on by the lower levels you have been ganking. Fun yes? Smile

In addition, if you really are being bothered by some idiot, simply change channels and they can't see you. Then go about your business. There are a number of chanels, to prevent server lagg. You may group up with someone and be standing on top of them but can't see them, because they are on chanel 2. You simply have to switch chanels and presto, there they are. Changing chanels is painless, and takes a sec....no need to relogg or anythng like that. So, my secret weapon for escaping a PvP gank camper, is to switch chanels and go about my business.

For the most part, this game is wonderful. I'm not going to let a few idiots spoil my fun. And, there is always the get even strategy. If I hate their game play enough, I might just create the biggest, most epic toon of all time and gank them back! Revenge is so sweet Smile For the record I hate PvP, not into it at all, but can see myself doing it for the sake of my sanity if need be. lol

Hope this helps somewhat. It would be a shame to give up on a game, that is so, well, pretty! Smile
Sharalei
Sharalei
Stablehand

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Tue 28 Jul - 3:04

Well THAT is SUPER duper cool!!

Very smart NCsoft. I really like that idea. Why don't other games think of that!!!

Now I am really HOPING that some idiot will try to gank me, and then I can get them back!!!

Those of us who are playing it really need to get together once it starts and form a guild. GUNTER??? DAN??? Come on guys....

n
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharalei Tue 28 Jul - 3:29

Ok, found these patch notes from patch 1.2. The game we play live upon release will be version 1.5, so it may even have more added by then. But this seems to address the ganking problem at least for now.

I love the way the ganker becomes a walking target for all, with rewards for killing him! Gather your lanterns and pitchforks everyone, we are going after a gank pig! lol

cut & paste from Aion notes:

11. Penalties of PvP in Low Level Areas

If you go on a killing rampage in enemy territory (does not apply to the Abyss), you will receive penalties for doing so. This is called the Slayer System. The effects are as follows:

1. Depending on the amount of killings you will receive points. If your penalty points go over a certain limit, you will receive the penalty effects. If you kill lower leveled players than you, you will receive more points.

2. The penalty effects are categorized into two. One is a ?Curse? and you cannot use rifts. The second is a ?Judgment? and under this effect you cannot be resurrected in any Kiosk placed in the enemy territory, as well as use rifts.

3. The name of the Curse/Judgment depends on the race. If you are Elyos, you will receive Curse/Judgment of Asphel. Asmodians will get Curse/Judgment of Ariel.

4. Once you come under Curse or Judgment, your location will be revealed throughout the local map for the entire opposing faction members. Also, even if you are under a hiding skill, your title will be seen, making it even easier to be spotted.

5. You must go back to your own lands or the Abyss and wait for a certain amount of time for the Curse or Judgment to disappear.

6. If you or someone else kills a slayer, 12 nearby players of the dead body will receive buffs.

7. The killer of the slayer will be announced throughout the area chat under the format of ?[Race]?s Hero [Killer of the Slayer] has defeated [Slayer] while he was under [Judgment or Curse] of [Ariel or Asphel].
Sharalei
Sharalei
Stablehand

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by tamuril Tue 28 Jul - 12:14

Hmmmmmm, that's a novel way of dealing with the ganking problem and this indeed does find it's way into the released game then I hold my hand up to NCSoft and say 'Well done'. Although I still can't see why they don't follow the normal route and make seperate areas so there is NO need for ganking to raise it's head anyway.

At least it seems they are trying to redress the issue and for that they have to be congratulated. Maybe the feedback now is so great they realise they could eventually end up with a dodo of a game that no one will play except the gankers who will soon tire of it. I've not played it yet but it has been getting very good reviews so why spoil it for a great many folks who will ultimately be put off it.

I'll still stick by my decision of playing the waiting game until it's been out awhile and then re-think on the decision from feedback. So any of you guys who do take up the cudguel, just keep us updated and if promising then I'll jump in. I also echo GN's comments about getting a Guild up and running.

Tam
tamuril
tamuril
Shield Bearer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next