The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRIDAY 3/13

5 posters

Go down

FRIDAY 3/13 Empty FRIDAY 3/13

Post by Pampered One Thu 12 Mar - 16:53

I will absolutly be on this week friday night. We will do something depending on the attendance or ability present.

ToPK at the least.

I have printed out all of the UW quests and am still trying to figure out the best way to run them for a diverse/balanced group. If Dyn or Moosh or Franc have the chance to either put something together(a guide) or be present on Friday to aid in putting together a coherent organization of what order to go in, that would be great.

My experience in UW is very outdated from 3+ years ago and my involvement was as part of the old school trapping team. Basically I just trapped where they told me and never really learned the area.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

FRIDAY 3/13 Empty Re: FRIDAY 3/13

Post by ||| I Fear No Death Thu 12 Mar - 18:33

I would like to but I myself just tagged along. So i know the areas but not the order. I know in TSK we ran 600/Smite with a ranger running QZ and something else.. And a Necro throwing BIP and SS. Occasionally we ran an Earth Tank.. 3 or 4 did the work and the rest just there a fillers. I would check with Vane or Jenzo. They are highly skilled at UW. I can help but my experience there is limited.
||| I Fear No Death
||| I Fear No Death
Stablehand

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki Thu 12 Mar - 19:56

If I manage to get on, I'll come along. Always wanted to finally finish UW. Unfortunately my only knowledge of the place is from 600/Smiting which can't do the entire UW (well, not normally) so there are parts that I am unaware of.

We really do need some form of tank like Dyn said, especially for Aatxes and perhaps even the Chaos Plains, but I'm very unfamiliar with how an actual party works down there. The party set up that Dyn mentioned is one I've heard of a couple of times and seems to do pretty well down there.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Thu 12 Mar - 22:32

I know we have people capable of putting together such a specific party, but for right now, I am looking at some of the players that are pretty new still. They might only have one class/toon ascended and have no exposure to any of this yet. In that circumstance we will go with the best balanced team we can and slug our way through as best we can.

this is not the efficient way to get rich, but it gets our higher players mixing with newer players and just having some fun....a challenge. I know I can speak for everyone that went when I say our 6 hour FoW parties had a lot of fun despite how much time it took.

From this experience, we may spark one or two to get more motivated to open more classes and skills to have the oportunity to have more specific builds.

So it sounds that if we do this, we will slog our way through and do a lot of trial and error efforts. This will be a good chance for even us experienced folks to learn UW.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by spakman Thu 12 Mar - 22:54

Pampered One wrote:but for right now, I am looking at some of the players that are pretty new still.

Awesome.

To be honest I always feel a little intimidated when things like this are being organized, due to inexperience/lack of knowledge about the area. People start throwing around build names Ive never heard of and I feel like I'm expected to know all the ins and outs of the area. So I usually keep quiet when people bring up UW, FoW, ToPK, or any of those fancy end-gamey areas.

I think when organizing things like this it should be made clear if it is open to people with little/no experience in whatever particular outing is being discussed, or if it is a Veteran Only affair. Because if pampered hadn't mentioned it in the thread I would have assumed that the later was true, and I wouldn't have replied.

But given that he did, and assuming I'm able to be on tomorrow, I'd love to join in

-Andre
spakman
spakman
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 20
Other games played : Quake Live, Battlefield Heros, Fallout 3
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Thu 12 Mar - 23:15

You're right. We need to make that more clear in these posts. We do have smite runs on occasion. Franc took me along as his enchanter a few times and we had one or 2 other people along for the ride.

But, this time we are looking to learn the nuances together and figure out how to get through it and discover where the critical errors are so as to figure out how to avoid them.

Those farming runs never include completing the entire Uw but just getting thru parts of it as fast as possible with maximum gain. That is not our goal here.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vane (TSK) Thu 12 Mar - 23:32

I'll give you guys a little advice, the only thing you really need to worry about is the 4 horsemen quest. Simply put it is the make or break quest. cause you have to split up. You can't rely on a single tank for this one. Study that quest very well.

Another one is the Servants of Grenth quest in the ice wastes. Not as bad as the 4 horseman, but dealing with all the meteor showers is fun. Wink This quest is however able to be done with one tank.

And yes all but one part of UW can be done with a 600/smite/famine team.
Those ghosts in the Forgotten Vale use that mesmer weapon spell that does not trigger the smiting.

When I use to do UW we would go with a 600/smite/famine and a ele earth tank. The 600/s/f would take most everything and the ele tank would well tank one side during the 4 horseman. Everyone else just brought whatever and helped where they could.

But if your going balance, you need to think about the 4 horseman one carefully, as you get smacked from 2 directions with the reaper in the middle and he can NOT die.
Vane (TSK)
Vane (TSK)
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down