The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What exactly does a Company Owe us????

4 posters

Go down

What exactly does a Company Owe us???? Empty What exactly does a Company Owe us????

Post by Game Nurse Tue 24 Feb - 5:09

I have been thinking a bit about the anger that many of you have had towards NCsoft regarding the abandonment of our beloved GW....

And I have to ask you all....why?????

I mean honestly, what do you imagine they owe us?? We bought their game, thay have given us a quality product, one that is superior and has more innovative gameplay than other games that net over a billion dollars a year!!! What more can we ask? They are in this to make money, not to provide entertainment to the masses. This is their job, not their vocation. They have kept this game up and running for years, and provided updates and festival events and stuff...all at no charge!

And now when they say they want to develop a new game that has new technology and wish to actually make some serious money at it, you guys balk at paying it!

I dunno, I am not angry with the GW guys at all, just sad. I am certain the people that have put years and years into developing the game must be feeling like it is the end of an era as well.

N
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

What exactly does a Company Owe us???? Empty Re: What exactly does a Company Owe us????

Post by Godzuki Tue 24 Feb - 5:41

My anger towards NCSoft come from a few things:

They pushed ANet into releasing information that GW2 is coming. That would have been nice and dandy if their time of releasing the information was somewhere closer to now, but it was a very long time ago. Since then, they have kept the game production tightly under their seal and have no intention of letting the GW community who have been waiting anxiously on any information whatsoever about GW2. I understand that a quality product takes time to develop. I get that completely. What I don't get is why they choose to lose complete focus on GW just because they dropped the ball on announcing GW2 too early so now they figure that no one is going to to stick around that long after they've screwed us over so much, so now whatever was left on developing other parts of GW has been moved towards Aion and GW2. I understand now that their main focus has always been money, but if you are creating an MMOG that depends on the activity of its players, then I would at least expect some attention be paid to the players that are keeping the game alive. From what it feels like, they've abandoned GW and its players completely without even so much as a good-bye.

NCSoft won't let ANet release any information. A lot of the developers of GW have stated that they really want to give the GW community a taste of what GW2 is going to be about, but NCSoft has pretty much forbidden it. Even the current Public Relations person, Regina Buenaobra, has said that there's a lot of things she just wishes she could tell us knowing how neglected the GW players feel, but that would probably mean losing her job. I sympathize with the dev team who must feel like they are losing unnecessary numbers of their players due to whatever it is NCSoft has planned, but obviously, NCSoft does not care at all.

I appreciate the amount of time and effort that has been put into GW and GW2, but I can't help but feel like I'm being tossed aside for newer meat as NCSoft continues to look for newer players and ignoring their older players. I can only expect the same things to be happening with other NCSoft games that are current in development. They will be tossed aside once they feel that they've thoroughly milked whatever profits they can from the game and so they ditch their players for new ones.

The only thing I feel that NCSoft owes its customers is a little respect, but that will probably not happen any time soon, if ever.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

What exactly does a Company Owe us???? Empty Re: What exactly does a Company Owe us????

Post by Pampered One Tue 24 Feb - 8:08

I think the anger has come from customer loyalty. With any product, you find a product that you like, and if your service is good, follow up products are good, and you are fair in the treatment of your consumers, then you gain their loyalty.

When you announce a better product coming soon for your customers and excite them and ask them to be patient, AND THEY DO, they are expressing loyalty to the company.

But what happens if you delay the product....delay it again....partially stop supporting the product with new parts and service...and then push back the promised product in lieu of some other product....well lets just say your customer feels betrayed.

What do they owe us? As franc said, respect. But also a return on the loyalty that they asked of us.

I think this mentality is a big part of why the world is in the financial state it is in. No longer is respect and loyalty a 2 way street. Profit is king and People be damned. Maybe thats the way it just is.....but it really should not be. sad that some of us take it so easily. I guess the companies have most of us trained to just take it and thats the best...or ALL ...we can expect.

Many people would say to boycott these companies and behaviors will not hurt the company one single bit. It will only hurt you and you will lose out. Not true I say....there is still a thing called integrity and some of us hold onto it no matter how much it pains us.

I will treat a person or company as well as it treats me. So why am I mad. yes they provided me with much, and I have provided them in return with brand loyalty. I played their Lineage 1 and 2, City of Heroes and Villians, Guild Wars, and helped test a few of their Betas. I really just didn't like having the carrot dangled before my nose only to have it replaced with an onion.

GW2 should not have been announced until it was concrete. They did it right when they went from Lineage 1 to Lineage 2. They did it very very wrong this time.

Gunter
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

What exactly does a Company Owe us???? Empty Its a game

Post by Danny Tue 24 Feb - 12:13

I am not sure what the fuss is about. Its a game, I enjoy the game and get better at it as time goes by. Anet did not help me get better TCK did. I guess from what I read many are disallusioned, bored with or ready to move on. I will miss you. The best part about this "GAME" is the people you meet. You folks taught me that. It is more fun to play with a group of friends than to HH it. I am getting good at HH, did Night Fall with my warrior and had guild help with only 2 of the missions. Do you know the missions I remember best? You got it, the ones I needed help getting thru.

It is about people folks. The game is an instrument that helps us socialize. I have noticed a few faces and less of the old ones. They are looking to me for help in the absence of the "PROS". Now that is scarry. I still have issues in getting to know people. But I will try harder because I can look back at you guys and realize that the friends I made are because Anet and NCSOFT help me make those friends by introducing me to Guild Wars.

It is Ok to be upset with them, but like Microsoft they have issues to overcome that they do not always foresee. You add in todays volatile economy where it cost 10 times what is should just to get to work and business all over are having to rethink their strategies and how they do things. GW2 if and when it happens might be the greatest game ever made, it may not. But until the company decides different Gw is what we got. And each other, for me thats enough.

So as I step down from soap box and sigh deeply I leave you with this weak philosophy: Its a game, it is more about what you make of it than ANET does. It is about fellowship.

Nuff said.
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum