The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School is a drag...

2 posters

Go down

School is a drag... Empty School is a drag...

Post by Game Nurse Thu 12 Feb - 0:37

Heya guys....

Just a short note to tell you guys that I have completely forgotten how much I HATE school with a capital HATE.

Now, it is not that I do not like learning. I love learning new things. It is fun. It is interesting. You cannot be in the medical field without some bizarre thing happening pretty much on a daily basis..however...

I am taking this ER course so I can be like Izzy Stevens on Gray's Anatomy. (Oh wait, she is going crazy right now having imaginary sex with dead people, and she is not even a nurse, and she falls apart in just about every situation she has ever been in, and she is a blonde to boot.... ok maybe not her...but she just looks so darn good!!!!! *sigh* too bad she is an idiot)

Anyways, I am working on getting my ER specialty. In Canada, you cannot work in areas such as that without a few years of training above and beyond the BScN and becoming an RN, and most of us go to Med/Surg as soon as we graduate, which is fun and all, but hips and knees...hips and knees...with the occassional bowel obstruction and horrible, rare, infectious disease gets old after a while. So last summer I got a wild hair up my butt and decided I wanted to go for a specialty.

I tried Labour and Delivery and got all broody about the babies much to my husband's AND my nearly teenage son's horror (OMGosh nothing like holding a brand new bundle of warm snuggly softness....Oh man...let's have another baby honey....), so we decided I had better not work there.

I tried ICU, but all those people on ventilators were boring as they could not talk, and I was worried I would drive them cazy talking at them.

I tried geriatrics, dementia ward. Love those old crazy people!! They are SUCH fun...nd I still work there on and off whenever I feel like it. But too much dementia makes you go...well...demented *grin*.

So finally I decided ER.

Bottom line... lots of coursework. Lots of pouring over miles of ECG strips measuring tiny little boxes with a ruler and a compass to tell if THIS heart beat is different from THAT heart beat, or if this wavy line is a uppy line or a downy line and what that means if it is anyways.

Taking one course at a time I will be finished in just under two years. *sigh*

Bleh.

So I have not been in top gaming form lately. And when I am on playing, I kinda want to do nothing except chat or stare at my armour, which quite honestly are very worthwhile, valuable pastimes.... *smile*

But anyways, I just wanted to let you know why I have not been playing near as much as I was, and why when I AM on, I am often in away status... I will have a few assignments handed in by this week and next and then things should be a little better...for a bit anyways...

Nicolette
(Game Nurse)
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

School is a drag... Empty Re: School is a drag...

Post by HeavyMetalHead Thu 12 Feb - 0:56

Hmm...I've been wondering why you've had wonky playing times recently. Good luck on your courses.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down