The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Disappointed

4 posters

Go down

A Little Disappointed Empty A Little Disappointed

Post by Pampered One Wed 11 Feb - 23:52

It seems two things are happening that are contributing to a slack ,or lack, of activities going on in the Guild.

One is that everyone seems to be waiting for someone else to start things. I can do it on occasion but it is not the Guild Leaders job to play matchmaker and put people together for the sake of their enjoyment. Quite frankly, I am just not that interesting or clever to rely on for that. I'm happy to make suggestions from time to time or too take the lead on an idea, but it should not be every night.

It is almost a daily ritual for me to spend 8-10 hours at work, get home, log in before grabbing food or drink or even getting out of my work clothes, and the first things I hear are "What are we doing tonight" ; "anything happening" ; or "I'm bored". Holy crap people....take some initiative. I'd love to log in for once and hear "Hey Gunter we're going to do xxxxx xxxx tonight. Will you be joining us?"

I will be the first one in line to give complaints about myself. I am solitary, moody, less then social..... but I think I have aided in finding some really good people for this guild. I would like to see some of you shine. and I don't just mean the officers.

The number 2 thing I see causing issues is cliquisms. We all have people we like better then others. But it is disheartening to see people log in, ask where so in so is, and then log out. Ouch!!! Are we lepers? Forgot to shower? Try refocusing on just spending time with each other.

Even though he has stepped down from the officership, I hold Franc (Animus) up as a good example. Many times a day he states what it is he is about to do and lets people know they are welcome to join. We should all do that a lot more often. YES....more often then not, no one will join you, but sometimes people will and that's a good thing. So if no one responds, don't let it get you down. they are all probably busy with something. But you have opened the door for the person that is bored and just wants someone to play with.

I have heard people say attendance is down. Hate to tell you this, but that's wrong. we still have at least 20 people on everyday.

We tried to do a dungeon weekend, and i thought it was a great idea that Andrew had. But both Sunday and Saturday all people did was long in for a minute or two, not see people on that they either wanted to play with, or just did not want to take the inititative to gather the few that were on to do a dungeon. then they logged out. Only to log back in an hour or two later to check again.

Gotta have more staying power then that folks. Make an effort. officers are here to help...sometimes organize...sometimes instigate....but what it comes down too is, how much effort are you willing to put in for your own enjoyment?

Pampered

ps. It sounds like Scion has a fun impromptu pvp night planned for Thursday night. But, if you only log in for a minute and don't see anything going on yet, and then log out, nothing will ever come of it. Who's fault would that be? Scion's or your own?
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

A Little Disappointed Empty Re: A Little Disappointed

Post by Game Nurse Thu 12 Feb - 0:53

Hmmmmm Gunter...I find you VERY interesting...very interesting indeed...*grin*

But seriously...

Good post. Not sure why we are slowing down again after such a busy January.
Maybe mid winter blahs.
Or life things.

Ah well, see you all in game... and if anyone organizes anything while I am on and not afking, I will join in for sure!!!

N
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Thu 12 Feb - 0:59

I admit I'm one of the ones going "What are we doing tonight", since I never really have a good idea what I wanna do when I log in. But I may have a card up my sleeve for opening up March. Just gotta plan it out some more...
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Scion Thu 12 Feb - 3:34

Wholeheartedly agree:

I knew a kid in college (I think we all did) that would walk into my dorm, grab one of my beers, sit down, and ask what "we were doing tonight". If you don't come to the party without a sixer for yourself then please don't show up. If you show up, drink my beer, and demand entertainment, I'm going to give you five across the eyes. Especially if your nickname is "Kevin's Smelly Roommate".

I just don't understand why you would play a game without wanting to drive on and play more. Use a terrible build and just follow around one person whenever they are online? No desire to become better or play with others? Why would you join a guild if you only talk to one or two people? We are all here to help each other be better (not just help you be not bored), have more unlocked, or wear prettier armor (tee hee).

I'm not going to beat a dead horse here, but in the words of my good friend Toby way way way back in the day when I played Rainbow Six on his Pentium Pro, "If everyone else has red bars, you're the lagger." If you sign on and decide no one on is worth your time playing with, chances are they aren't the red bars, cuz' at least they are playing.

Then again, everyone reading this gives a hoot anyways, so I guess I did just beat that dead horse.

Anyways, I agree, being proactive is key to Guildwars, fighting boredom, and not sucking at life in general. Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Scion
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Thu 12 Feb - 17:18

OMGosh...

Whoa... Hold the boat here...