The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monday Night Challenge! 11/3

5 posters

Go down

Monday Night Challenge!  11/3 Empty Monday Night Challenge! 11/3

Post by Aeternalia Tue 28 Oct - 15:28

Please post your ideas for the Challenge here! We will make a decision about which one to do on Friday Oct 31, giving everyone the weekend to prepare for it.

Thanks!

James
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Monday Night Challenge!  11/3 Empty Re: Monday Night Challenge! 11/3

Post by Rehwyn Tue 28 Oct - 23:48

I personally like the idea of knocking out dungeons and the like for our Challenge Night. They're profitable, usually pretty short, give EotN rep, and usually don't have tons of requirements to do. I know that I have several unfinished Master Dungeon Guides and I bet tons of others do as well. Maybe we can get a "Dungeon Series" going, where we progressively take on harder and harder dungeons.
Rehwyn
Rehwyn
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 109
Other games played : Too Many (Check 1up Page)
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5618825

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Wed 29 Oct - 0:11

I second that motion Jon!

Bottom line is that my heros desperately need Deldrimor armour... and the only way they are getting it is if I go into those dungeons...so it is all good!

Monday nights are rotten for me though, but I will try to be there when I can.

If they are relatively fast, I can see it working, but I rememebr *some* dungeons that took our guild, like what, 6 hours or so to do....I do not think that is realistic for a Monday night.
Friday nights perhaps, but Mondays? I dunno...

Nicolette
(Game Nurse)
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by catra Wed 29 Oct - 9:03

Count me in just let me know a time so I can make room here for it. I shall be watching the boards more closely now.

Catra
catra
catra
Shield Bearer

Female
Number of posts : 27
Other games played : none at this time
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Wed 29 Oct - 21:57

Jon, thats kind of where I have been going lately for the challenges. Picking out the easier/shorter ones. Only probelm we run into at times, is a lack of variety in the characters people can take or a lack of a personality to help the team build its skill repertoir. For a team like this past monday, where we had most members with high amounts of variability it was a cake walk, but other parties might take significantly longer to get through it.

Perhaps, choose ahead of time, 2 possible dungeons, one Harder and one less hard. then, depending on who is available, we can decide which we will go for.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehwyn Thu 30 Oct - 2:17

If time is a problem, we could always consider changing which day of the week is Challenge Night. I'd imagine a lot more people could join if we went on the weekend or something.

As far as class availability, you're right on that line. We usually spend like an hour figuring out who's going as what (possible exaggeration here). Still, if we start planning ahead of time, people can post here that they plan on going and can bring X class with Y capability. If we figure out what everyone is going as a day or two in advance, it'd save a lot of prep time when we gather to go in.

-Jonathan
Rehwyn
Rehwyn
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Thu 30 Oct - 20:20

In theory, I would agree. this was much the same way we tried to organize GVG's in the "Old days" of TSK. The issues we would run into is the last minute addition to the group that was not around for the announcement, or the unexpected exit of someone that had planned on coming. This often made for some messy/argumentative/hurtful situations.

I will NEVER allow anyone to get left out because they show up and may or may not have the skillset or class that we want. If they are advanced enough to get there, then they are welcome. We will find a way to make it work. Challenge Night was devised to give the more advanced players a break from constantly helping in low level areas the rest of the week and just to have fun.

We have far more players able, or close to able, in these areas now and we need to remain flexible to accomodate them. Remember, fun is the primary objective....success is secondary.

That being said, I want to thank those more advanced players that like to organize our parties to have a better chance of success...most notably Ahou, Jon, franc, and Scion.

So lets keep with the premise of not setting a "sign up" for these. The goal is eventually to tap those harder dungeons, but for now let's put one moderate and one easier dungeon on the table for Monday night.

since no one has picked any yet, for this monday I wish to put forth the following 2 as choices.

Moderate Dungeon:
Sepulchre of Dragrimmar: To receive the quest for the dungeon, The Anvil of Dragrimmar, talk with Outrunner Remlok near the entrance. The quest Anything You Can Do requires that you best the Fragment of Antiquities. Having this quest in your quest log before doing the dungeon is a good idea

Easy Dungeon:
Oola's Lab:Quest Little Workshop of Horrors (from Blimm in Rata Sum) - This quest is needed to spawn Xien who drops the key for the door at the end of level 1

Depending on the players and skills that turn out, we will decide at that time which we are going to try.

I set the time for 5pm PST/ 8pm EST because that gives both coasts a chance to participate. It is vital that we start as close to that time as possible since some of our East Coasters have to get to bed at a decent hour.
Thanks

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehwyn Fri 31 Oct - 21:25

Pamp, I think you misunderstood me regarding people saying they want to come in the forums ahead of time.

What I meant was, if 6 people say they want to come and it's 4 monks and 2 rits, if we know in advance we can either 1) help some of these people get different characters there or 2) figure out some skills these 4 monks and 2 rits could use that makes a semblance of sense. Or if two necros plan on going (as an example), the two of them can decide what skills to bring so they don't end up stepping on each others toes and the like.

I didn't mean that we should plan everyone's build in advance like a competitive GvG or something or that people should be excluded if they haven't had their build planned out on the forums. I just figured if we had an idea of who was going we could work out any potential hindrances beforehand due to class availability when there's still time for someone to grab some new skills from a trainer or change gear a bit BEFORE we have all gathered and the clock is ticking.

Hopefully I was a bit clearer this time.

As far as the dungeons go, either sounds fine to me. I can come on paragon, necro, monk, assassin, or dervish, but only paragon and necro could do it without any prep questing beforehand.

-Jonathan
Rehwyn
Rehwyn
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down