The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Riddle Contest w/ Prize

+3
Scion
Game Nurse
Ternnel Stronghold
7 posters

Go down

Riddle Contest w/ Prize Empty Riddle Contest w/ Prize

Post by Ternnel Stronghold Fri 17 Oct - 5:44

Who ever can answer all 5 riddles correctly first will get 5k. Good luck. Warning some are trick answers!

1-An Arab sheikh tells his two sons to race their camels to a distant city to see who will inherit his fortune. The one whose camel is slower will win.

The brothers, after wandering aimlessly for days, ask a wise man for advise. After hearing the advice they jump on the camels and race as fast as they can to the city. What does the wise
man say?

2-How come it is so easy to judge the exact distance a golf ball will travel before you swing?

3-What is the third word in the English language that ends in -gry there is angry, hungry and what else?

4-How can you read what cannot be read?

5-What is the answer, So the answer is?

-ternnel
Ternnel Stronghold
Ternnel Stronghold
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Riddle Contest w/ Prize Empty Re: Riddle Contest w/ Prize

Post by Game Nurse Fri 17 Oct - 8:58

1) the fast camel got a stone bruise and went lame.
And the wise man said the city is right there, over the sand dune you idiots, and it is double XP this weekend in Nightfall, so you better get a move on before the Jee-bus leaves.

2) no idea. Do not play golf, but if we are using a lower level white drop golf club, it will not exceed the aggro bubble, and wiki should have the exact distance, the level of damage when you hit someone with the ball, and the time it takes for recharge on the swing. All of which does not matter because the stupid monsters will simply dodge anyways...

3) Aggry - the gender neutral version of Aggro (because we must not be sexist)

4) Turn on the light silly!

5) What? *smile*

Nicolette
(Game Nurse)
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Scion Fri 17 Oct - 13:42

I got the first three. Four is maybe (have to read it aloud?). I don't get the fifth.

We should hook you up with Blaine the Mono, the riddling monorail.

Scion
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Fri 17 Oct - 16:31

Number 3: aggry, begry, iggry, meagry, pugry are all words that meet the criteria but if you are asking .....
What is the third word in .....THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE.....then the answer is Language. *note* aggry is a word Nursey but refers to type of ancient glass beads...though for our game your definition is perfect.

Number 1: Does it really matter what the wise man said? The guy who named his camel "Slower" won anyways....though maybe we ought to have Andrew make a naming contest for the man so he can get a better name for his beast of burden. But if I had to guess, I would say the wise man said either..."Get a better name for your Camel" or "Switch Camels".

Number 2: It is very easy to judge how far a golf ball travels before you swing...since it does not move AT ALL until after the swing is at least half finished. HOWEVER....that is all relative to the perception of the person with the club. If we take into account the 7 simultaneous motions going on...such as rotation of the earth, wobble on the earths axis, orbital track around the sun, our solar systems movement through the Galaxy...etc etc....well I won't even guess how much the ball actually moves but it is measured in the 1000's of kilometers I'm sure.

Number 4: Nursey is right...turn on the dang light. But, if we are talking about computer read failures, there are several steps you can take: Update your operating system, update your drivers, shutdown conflicting programs, delete damaged files or replace them with backed up files, do a malware scan and removal for things such as unregistered .dll files, repair your hard disk, and most importantly...check your connections.

5. What

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeternalia Fri 17 Oct - 17:15

I don't think there is much that I could really add here. You guys have hit it from all kinds of angles.. I would just be beating a dead..Camel.

James
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Fri 17 Oct - 17:30

Alright then...

#1: He either said the town was the next dune over or that the fortune would be split if they tied. (guessing here)

#2: It depends on which golf club you use.

#3: There isn't one.

#4: Red.

#5: What.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by SamKablam Fri 17 Oct - 18:24

1 - Swap camels, than race. If the winner is determined by the camel, not by who finishes first. Winning on the other person's camel means that yours was slower, hence you would win.

2 - A golf boll won't travel any distance before you swing it. It will only travel after you hit it.
Very Happy

3 - Language

4 - Like everyone else said, turn on the light.

5 - What.
SamKablam
SamKablam
Stablehand

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ternnel Stronghold Fri 17 Oct - 20:19

some really good answers so

@nurse- may not be what i am looking for but you gave me a really good laugh(you did get some right).

@scion- Well you tried so I am glad.

@pampered- You got them all right, good job.

@James- Again thanks for trying.

@Heavymetalhead- You didn't quite get them all but thanks for trying.

@SamKablam- You also got them right. Grats.

So I have decided I will give pampered the 5k he did get them all and first but since so many people participated and cause nurse really made me laugh I wil give everyone other than pampered (who is getting 5k) 1k.

so overall I am giving away 10k Very good job on making me broke Very Happy .

This was very fun
-ternnel
Ternnel Stronghold
Ternnel Stronghold
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ternnel Stronghold Fri 17 Oct - 20:21

Oh and pm me or i will pm you for the in-game cash