The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want to try your luck? Place your bets on the Turk NOW!

+6
arioch
Lady Herodias
Game Nurse
Aeternalia
Pampered One
HeavyMetalHead
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Want to try your luck? Place your bets on the Turk NOW! Empty Want to try your luck? Place your bets on the Turk NOW!

Post by HeavyMetalHead Thu 14 Aug - 16:17

Since guild activity has somewhat dwindled and we've been keeping to ourselves too much lately, I feel as if we need something to liven the guild up. As most longtime players know, the Survivor title track can only be accomplished by NOT dying. Our own guild leader is gunning for this title with his Scrubs tribute, the monk Dr Turk Turkleton.

But he's had a run of ill luck as of late. He's failed 4 times before, with this being his 5th try. As a spur of the moment idea, I decided to have a guild-only betting pool as to what level he dies the first time.

The rules are simple:
1) Place a bet on which level he'll die at.
2) If he passes a certain level, no bets can be placed on said level.
3) If you placed a bet on a lower level and he's passed it after you bet, you can have you bet redone; but ONLY twice.
4) The minimum bet is 50 gold while the maximum bet is 5000 gold (5 platinum).
5) Any bet over 1000 gold is considered a donation, with 1k of it put in the pot.

Any guild members can bet, and the pot will be kept by Gunter's build bank toon, Cardinal Cherubim.

The winning goes as followed:
If only 1 person wins, they split the pot 50/50 between them and the house.
If 2 or more people bet on a certain level and they win, they split the money between themselves and the house.
In the event that NOBODY wins, the house gets the entire pot.
If a new player wins, then they get the entire pot, no questions asked.

For those who don't know who the house is, it's the guild bank. I've stepped down as bookie, but I will keep track of who's bet on what level.

Current pot: 10000 gold or 10 platinum and 0 gold

Place your bets NOW! This post will be edited as the bet progresses. I will post a new message when and if the Turk makes it to level 20.

Last edited by HeavyMetalHead on Sun 5 Oct - 16:37; edited 6 times in total
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Want to try your luck? Place your bets on the Turk NOW! Empty Re: Want to try your luck? Place your bets on the Turk NOW!

Post by Pampered One Thu 14 Aug - 19:41

hehe he does this with my approval btw. Those of you that said level 5....bleh passed it first night. Those that said level 7...well your helping of crow will be served up shortly.

Pampered AKA Dr Turk Turkleton wazzzzzzzzzup
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Want to try your luck? Place your bets on the Turk NOW! Empty Re: Want to try your luck? Place your bets on the Turk NOW!

Post by Aeternalia Thu 14 Aug - 21:33

The max title is actually quite a bit further than level 20..

The max title is awarded when the experience accumalated reaches :

1,337,000 the first 4 numbers spell LEET as in ELITE in leetspeak..

My character that I have been playing from the start is not there yet.. and Im approaching 1000 deaths..

Good Luck Gunter.

James
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Thu 14 Aug - 22:38

Man...this thing is gonna go on for a WHILE. I'll need to transfer the collected pot from the Paladin to a PvP mule since this'll take so long. I can't have him sit at Fork Ranik for nearly a year or more. Thanks for clearing that up, James.

Oh yeah, I did forget to mention that Gunter approved of this. So thanks, Gunter, for adding that. Anyway, this makes the idea that he dies at level 20 not seem so unreal since experience keeps accumulating after you get to level 20. At any rate, more bets are appreciated. And since James provided this bit of info on the actual title, bets can now be increased since this will take so long and some of the current bets will seem like pocket change provided he actually makes it to 500 thousand xp mark. Much more so if he gets to the 1 million xp mark.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Fri 15 Aug - 16:52

Lol I will be satisfied to make it to the first level of survivor which is roughly 144,000=level 20.
If I make that, then we'll see about further.

***Update*** turk stayed a little extra time in presear to try to get some white or black dyes. Every previous incarnation of this character has left presear with at least one. Not to be this time though. He seared Thursday Night 8/14/08 in a harrowing battle at level 7. Arena Net saw fit to pair Turk with 3 henchies and the opposing group was 2 level 4 human rangers and 1 human level 3 Ele and one henchie monk. They peppered me hard and got me down to about 60hp once but with retribution on, conjure phantasm at 6 second degen, and bane signet hurting them back, and running reversal of fortune, breeze and ether feast for heal....well my party went undefeated 6-0. Thank you Lady for getting me the bonus pack that gives me the hourglass staff. I enjoyed the extra hp. He left presear at level 7 and is just about 100xp away from level 8 now. As for the expensive dyes....I guess the characters luck held. Xanthos and Nox went with me on Great northern Wall where Turk got a black dye drop...ftw.

Pampered AKA Dr turk turkleton Wazzzzup
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Fri 15 Aug - 17:03

Ah well.... I TRIED to get you killed....Darn that ignore button anyways *grin*

Good luck Gunter. Now that I have lost, I no longer want you to expire.

Nicolette
(Game Nurse)
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Fri 15 Aug - 17:16

Oh man! Nicolette came SO close to winning it if your luck had failed. Well, it was a nice shot, Nurse. Anyway, we might have something worked out encase he DOES make it to level 20. As for now, we have no clue what we'll do. Rolling Eyes
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Herodias Tue 19 Aug - 1:31

I told Turk he needed to get back on his leveling so we can if he dies!!!! So, if anyone wants to bet on his death...feel free.

Lady H
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 506
Other games played : 2 Moons, Lineage 2

http://gunterandann.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Thu 28 Aug - 23:06

Turks is near level 12 but is waiting for more Guild members to get involved. Remember this is for a good cause. Part of the gold bet will go to the Guild Bank and the rest will go to some lucky guildees pocket.

Pampered AKA Turk turkleton
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by arioch Tue 9 Sep - 7:13

placing a 50 gold piece bet on level 20 see me for the money.
arioch
arioch
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 16
Other games played : ISW
Registration date : 2008-08-17

http://www.hellinthestateofmisery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Tue 9 Sep - 14:29

Turk is now level 12 and nearing 13. He is taking the easy but slow way out atm and doing all the ascalon quests. Once he finishes them up he should be 13, approaching 14. Then I will push him from Gates of kryta through to EotN and on to Gunnars. There he will probably run Kilroys endlessly until 20 since I pretty much am perfect in that one in NM. Not taking any risks this time, and definatly will not be using him as a healer to help guildees like 2 of his earlier deaths.

Since I no longer have a fast enough second comp to play 2 accounts at once, I will probably ask for guild help on the run into Eye.

Pampered AKA Turk Turkleton
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Thu 2 Oct - 12:59

Alright, here's the rundown on people who have bet on which levels so far:

Lvl 17: nobody
Lvl 18: Scion (1k)
Lvl 19: Xanthos (500)
Lvl 20: Gunter (500), Paravell (3k), and Malice (50)

I put 2200 gold of my own money in to make it an even 10k since it was at 7800 gold for a while.

Last edited by HeavyMetalHead on Sun 5 Oct - 16:30; edited 1 time in total
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Sun 5 Oct - 9:01

As of Saturday Night 10/4/08 the turk is level 17 1/3. Last chance to make your bets. Bet on him dying on level 17, 18, or 19 or making it to 20. Remember, half the proceeds go to the winner and half to the guild bank for our next Hall NPC.

You can bet on any of those levels, it just means if you pick correctly you must split the pot with any others that picked the same. The latest list of LOSERS are Duke of Genora, Lady H, and Marie.

Come on you rich folks. Reach into those pockets.

Or are you scared of the Turk Laughing

Pampered Aka Dr Turk Turkleton WAZZZZZUUUUPPPPPP
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Sun 5 Oct - 16:25

Alright Duke Nukem...I have no real clue how to up the ante for this. Since Gunter is one of the best Stonekin Punch-out runners we know, then we know he'll do Punch-out runs until he hits level 20. Safe to say the only way he'll lose is if we wait for the odd chance his computer will crash and he dies that way, it seems. Anyway, everyone can put more bets on him. Max bets can now be up to 10k if anyone is gutsy enough to bet that high.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Sun 5 Oct - 18:37

Bah, this will only work if we handicap him.

I would be willing to bet again if there were some kind of handicap or restrictions imposed... As for now, as much as I hate to admit it, I think Gunter has it in the bag...

Maybe if I hide behind a rock and scream BOOOO! at him when enemies approach, we might stand a chance....

Nicolette
(Game Nurse)
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaistaria Marie Mon 6 Oct - 0:21

Well, we could always ask him to run with us, Nurse..we die a bunch..Razz
Alaistaria Marie
Alaistaria Marie
Squire

Female
Number of posts : 89
Other games played : WoW, Runes of Magic
Registration date : 2008-08-10

http://www.myspace.com/serina_baby19

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Mon 6 Oct - 0:52

No way he'd go for it since he'll do Punch-out runs until he hits 20 (and loads up on booze in the process). The only way he'd die while doing that is if he ran out of time for the KO recovery part.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Mon 6 Oct - 7:31

No Words Needed!!!!

Want to try your luck? Place your bets on the Turk NOW! Turk_h10
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Mon 6 Oct - 7:33

Already at 200,000 xp for the next level of survivor. Done 2 in hard mode but won't push it too many times. Will probably punch out with xp scrolls forever.

Dr Turk Turkleton WAZZZZUUUPPPPP
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Mon 6 Oct - 13:16

And here it is! He wins the bet! Well, it was fun while it lasted. Unless people wanna see if you can make it to Legendary Survivor. THEN it'll be another story...
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Mon 24 Nov - 3:38

Level 2 down. doing it in HM since everyone seems to think this is so easy.

Want to try your luck? Place your bets on the Turk NOW! Turkhi10

Dr. Turk Turkleton

Wazzzzup
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Mon 24 Nov - 5:25

Wow...two things. One: you have worse luck than I do. Two: you're crazy as hell to go for Legendary Survivor. BUT if you make it, I'll buy the Celestial Sigil needed to get the new guild hall.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paravell Mon 24 Nov - 5:56

Too late Gunter already has the sigil tongue
Paravell
Paravell
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Mon 24 Nov - 6:26

Compliments of our own Moosh here.....

N
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paravell Mon 24 Nov - 15:21

huh? where could you possibly get that from?
Paravell
Paravell
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next