The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Battle "balanced" Build

4 posters

Go down

Team Battle "balanced" Build Empty Team Battle "balanced" Build

Post by Scion Thu 3 Apr - 21:34

Rade and I did some TB last week with a couple of fellas from TSK. We won some, lost some, but no real sitting down and 'this what we are going to do'. So, I built a team, please feel free to pooh-pooh all over it. We need somewhere to start for the few that venture into PvP.

Four man team: Warrior, Dervish, Ranger, Ritualist
[build prof=W name="Warrior" ][sever artery][gash][dragon slash][for great justice][frenzy][rush][rez sig][remove hex][/build]

Warrior
Template Code - OQMSQ5IL+Fgt4XlW9TCQLB
Sever Artery, Slash::EDIT - AET did you mean Gash? ::End Edit , Dragon Slash, For Great Justice, Frenzy, Rush, Rez Sig, Remove Hex
Number one beat em up attacks a squishy. Inflicts bleeding, deep wound, and then spams Dragon as much as possible. Use Frenzy to hit, Rush to cancel or catch up with someone.

[build prof=der name="Dervish" ][Reaper's sweep][mystic sweep][lyssa's assault][shock][conjure lightning][faithful intervention][heart of fury][rez sig][/build]

Derv
Template Code - OgajwuIWKPnbmrA+c0NKvibBAA
Reaper's Sweep, Mystic Sweep, Lyssa's Assault, Shock, Conjure Lightning, Faithful Intervention, Heart of Fury, Res Sig
Number two beat em up acts like number one. Fully enchant yourself to max out Mystic. Use Lyssa's as energy management (sort of). Use Reaper's when bad guy's health is below 50%. Shock to stop them from moving.

Between Warrior and Derv, you can inflict deep wound on someone at any time, slap them around with big hits, and knockdown.

[build prof=Ran name="Ranger" ][broad head arrow][Screaming shot][pin down][sloth hunters shot][rapid fire][distracting shot][remove hex][rez sig][/build]

Ranger
Template Code - OgMSk5LTuS3aIGVgUgPGtECA
Broad Head Arrow, Screaming Shot, Pin Down, Sloth Hunters Shot, Rapid Fire, Distracting Shot, Remove Hex, Rez Sig
Pretty standard. Keep up the fire, inflict conditions, daze casters. Use remove hex to keep in the fight.

[build prof=Rit name="Ritualist" ][Warmongers Weapon][Ancestors Rage][Weapon of remedy][mend body and soul][spirit light][Essence strike][life][flesh of my flesh][/build]

Ritualist
Template Code - OACjQOicIPXbvJ2WaO5WmjzLGA
Warmonger's Weapon, Ancestor's Rage, Weapon of Remedy, Mend Body and Soul, Spirit Light, Essence Strike, Life, Flesh of My Flesh
First off, keep Warmonger's on the Ranger at all times. It'll interupt the casters between shots of Broad Head Arrow. Use other skills to keep Derv and Warrior alive. Use Life at all times to keep other healing spells in full effect. Use Ancestor's Rage for a little extra pow every 8 seconds.

So. Let's go. I figure there are three things that shut down this build. If hexing becomes too hot for the two removal skills, if conditions become too hot for Mend Body and Soul, or if the other team just ka-pows the Rit, and all is lost.

Thoughts?

Edited by Aeternalia - added the build icons .. could not find the warrior skill SLASH.. guessed that it was either gash or one of the other slash skills.. will check the template when I get home from work.
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Team Battle "balanced" Build Empty Re: Team Battle "balanced" Build

Post by Pampered One Fri 4 Apr - 22:11

Ok I have to suggest some warrior changes.....Sever and Gash...always a great combo, and the dragon slash is ok too but:

1:Replace "For Greater Justice" with Berserker stance. Attack fast and gain near equal adrenaline.

2.Replace Frenzy with Tigers Fury. Sucks when u start taking double damage. Tiger's only downfall is it stops if you miss. Should'nt miss that often to cause a problem and it lasts almost twice as long. Now you have 2 fast attack skills to build adrenaline faster and increase damage rate.

3. Ahhh Rush or Sprint. I think sprint works better here because you are already under utilizing your energy. Save the adrenaline for the attack.

I know getting hexed is a pain but I have to ask if this is the best character to be half of the hex removing process? I gotta be honest....as a warrior I generally find a heal works better than the hex removal. A heal buys me time to finish off the hexer. Removing hexes just gives the hexer time to get another one on you. Breeze or lions comfort or endure pain would be my suggestion....though i cant outright say the remove hex is not worth it. Too bad you can't ditch the rez but alas in that arena you really need it.

Another concern is that all your strikes are adrenaline based. If adrenaline charging is blocked you're screwed. If you go all energy attacks...your screwed. I generally add one energy attack to keep it balanced.

Another way to rethink it is to ditch the Dragon Slash as elite......replace sever artery with elite Crippling SLash and then replace Dragon Slash with an energy attack....a few replacement possibilities: Griffons sweep for the possible additional knockdown : Pure Strike which is unblockable if off the stance : Power Attack for high damage : and Jaizhenju Strike which is also unblockable if not in stance.

Not sure if you have arguements against these ideas, but I'd love to hear them.

Now for the Ranger: I love the skills but I would be greatly concerned about energy usage. Adding just the first 4 attack skills together it comes to 50 energy. Even with 10 in expertise that would be 30 energy usage. Unfortunatly you have a lot more than 4 skills. As a rule of thumb, I try to have the total energy expenditure on my ranger's skills to not exceed energy max by more than 10. Maybe there are a few of the 15 energy skills you can swap out for something similar but lower cost. The only way I see all these skill working is if you are willing to go 13 or 14 in expertise. that hurts other attributes IMHO.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Scion Mon 7 Apr - 1:06

First off, nice skill icons. That is hot. How do I do that?

Okay, my build defense:

Berserker Stance ends when you use an attack skill. So this charges up your first attack quickly, then stops working. For Great Justice and Dragon Slash would add like 7 or 8 strikes of adrenaline, which means one more hit for another Dragon Slash. I'd love to have Crip Slash, but I'd rather do more damage.

Having Frenzy is okay, because when you use another stance, Frenzy ends. So if you start getting pummeled, turn on sprint and run away.

The main thing about hexes is something like Spiteful Spirit or Price of Failure and Reckless Haste will simply shutdown a Warrior. They can kill themselves, or watch the fight. I agree the Warrior shouldn't be the anti hexer, but needs to keep hisself hitting things.

There are only like four skills that stop Adrenal buildup, and they are pretty much hexes. So.

The Ranger:

All the attack skills wouldn't be strung together. Just keeping up the attack with Rapid Fire should be good for pressure. Use Broad Head Arrow before Warmonger's runs out to keep the interrupt easy. Use Pin Down if they try to run. Screaming Shot to do a little extra degen. Sloth Hunter's when the squishy gives up using skills because of all the interrupts.

That being said: I agree it is a crapload of energy suckage, but this Ranger needs to keep the squishy in pain and nearby.

-Scion
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jin Mon 7 Apr - 14:59

Hmmm I'll have to take a better look at this later. I don't know if they fixed it, but with For Great Justice, you were able to use Dragon Slash continuously. Does that still work or did they fix it?

Edit: Ok, let's see what we got here...

Warrior: I like having a warrior, but I just don't think a sword can cut it in TA. True the attack rate of a sword warrior is fast, but I'd rather have the warrior go axe.

Derv: One melee character is all you need for TA. I would say you should choose between the Derv, Warrior, or a Sin. No need to have warrior and a dervish. I think this makes your build one dimensional, focusing mainly on physical attacks.

Ranger: I would take out screaming shot and add savage shot to accompany your distracting shot. I would also take out the remove hex and replace it with needling shot. Rapid fire is not needed IMHO. You want to maintain pressure on the other team so I would say that apply poison or maybe poison tip signet would be the better way to go.

Rit: This might just be me, but I would rather have a monk over a rit any day. This would fix your hex and condition problems which would also free up a skill slot for each of your offensive characters. That's what I think. When I have more time I'll post a build suggestion that may fit what I'm talking about.

Edit again:

This is kind of what I had in mind.

[build prof=Warrior/Elementalist][Eviscerate][Penetrating Chop][Executioner's Strike][Bull's Strike][Shock][Frenzy][Rush][Resurrection Signet][/build]

[build prof=Elementalist/Monk][Lightning Strike][Lightning Bolt][Blinding Surge][Lightning Orb][Gale][Glyph of Lesser Energy][Air Attunement][Resurrection Signet][/build]

[build prof=Ranger/Monk][Apply Poison][Broad Head Arrow][Savage Shot][Distracting Shot][Needling Shot][Sloth Hunter's Shot][Mending Touch][Resurrection Signet][/build]

[build prof=Monk/Elementalist][Word of Healing][Signet of Rejuvenation][Cure Hex][Reversal of Fortune][Dismiss Condition][Protective Spirit][Guardian][Shield of Absorption][/build]
Jin
Jin
Stablehand

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeternalia Mon 7 Apr - 18:57

HIYA Jin! Good to see ya man,
Thanks for posting on this.

James
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Scion Mon 7 Apr - 20:16

Updated Build:

[build prof=Warrior/Elementalist][Eviscerate][Executioner's Strike][Disrupting Chop][Shock][Bull's Strike][Frenzy][Rush][Resurrection Signet][/build]

[build prof=Necromancer/Assassin][Augury of Death][Deathly Chill][Toxic Chill][Vile Miasma][Signet of Toxic Shock][Disrupting Dagger][Signet of Lost Souls][Resurrection Signet][/build]

[build prof=Ranger/Monk][Screaming Shot][Pin Down][Savage Shot][Distracting Shot][Broad Head Arrow][Rapid Fire][Mending Touch][Resurrection Signet][/build]

[build prof=Ritualist/Monk][Spirit Light][Ghostmirror Light][Mend Body and Soul][Preservation][Weapon of Warding][Essence Strike][Warmonger's Weapon][Flesh of My Flesh][/build]

Jin and I worked this out.

EDIT: A little Random Arena experiance - Warmonger's is GREAT at shutting down Nec and Ele. Monk's casts are a little too fast to stop vs. a bow's attack speed. End edit.
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down