The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Wars gets Wings!!!!

5 posters

Go down

Guild Wars gets Wings!!!! Empty Guild Wars gets Wings!!!!

Post by Game Nurse Tue 25 Aug - 20:36

Well, only if you purchase the collectors edition of Aion.

Apparently, if you get a boxed collector's edition of the game you can get wings added to all your GW toons!! They are cosmetic only.

This actually makes me kinda angry, because I purchased the digital pre-order and they are not honoring that. Really annoying marketing, but brilliant idea to get possibly 6 million GW players to consider buying the game!!!

The wings are stunningly beautiful. Hmmmm I might have to order the boxed copy now as well.

*sigh*

What I do for fashion....

The reviews for this game keep coming and apparently it is very well done and get almost unanimously positive feedback. I have played Beta a bit, but the quest dialogue and the voices were too annoying. I decided to wait until it actually releases in a more Western format, so I only played once about a month ago and spent more time making gorgeous toons than I did playing the game. I find the Asian vocal sounds super duper irritating. And I really love witty quest dialogue such as Guild Wars has, and the beta dialogue was just quickly written badly translated stuff.

Anyone else gonna take the plunge?????

If you do, we need to get a guild going there too!!!!

Gunter??? I KNOW you are lurking around here somewhere...AND you bought the beta so I know you have access...how about it?????
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars gets Wings!!!! Empty Re: Guild Wars gets Wings!!!!

Post by Pampered One Fri 28 Aug - 15:39

Ok I'm here. I'll keep it short. Aion....not taking the plunge. Just was not impressed even after I hit 20+ on the third Beta weekend. But you know what actually made me decide to not get it? I totally forgot the 4th Beta weekend. I'm sitting at home on Sunday night just staring at the computer. It had been a slow weekend....patched the roof....grilled on the BBQ....did a little GM'ing on a private server I'm on(well actually Gunter is not a GM....everyone thinks I'm a woman named Pam)....and I'm bored watching reruns while blankly staring at the comp...and then I realize....hey it's the 4th Beta weekend of Aion. And what did I feel? Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zippo. No anger at forgetting. no desire to log on for the last 5 hours of it. Just did'nt care. Realizing that, I figure why bother wasting the money.

So thats my take in a nutshell. Kinda like dating a marginally attractive woman that puts out but is not good in bed. You kinda don't feel like getting dressed up for the show....if you know what I mean.

Pampered

PS it's friday and I'm going to log in and see you guys....fair warning. lol
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 Sat 29 Aug - 2:05

If i had the money i would buy the game just for the fricken wings, thats so sick.
Acolyte41
Acolyte41
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 106
Other games played : You name it...
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by tamuril Sat 29 Aug - 8:33

OMG Pampered!!!

Nearly made me spurt coffee all over my keyboard, took a mouthfull just as I read your summoning up below regarding the lady!! Lololol. Rolling Eyes

Still undecided on this one to be honest. Although the thought of those wings are tempting!!!! All in the name of fashion huh Mad

Tam
tamuril
tamuril
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Sat 29 Aug - 13:07

Crud.....looks like I missed you last night Gunter, and everyone else for that matter. Nice to see that there were quite a few people on last night.

The wings looks kind of neat but not nearly enticing enough to get me to throw some money at a game I'm really not all that interested in. It really sucks for those that pre-ordered digitally that won't get this bonus. Doesn't make much sense that they're rewarding people who buy the collecters boxed edition and leaving those that pre-ordered months ago with nothing. You think they at least could have offered the option to upgrade your pre-order for a couple bucks or something to get the wings...rather than having to buy a second boxed copy of the game in order to get them.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 Sat 29 Aug - 19:29

you missed a heck of a show last night trytan. Pampered was back and ready to rock afro
Acolyte41
Acolyte41
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 Sat 29 Aug - 19:30

ok thats not that cool cause we have a black background.. but its a huge afro
Acolyte41
Acolyte41
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down