The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edited version of Guild Meeting Minutes

+2
Vane (TSK)
Lady Herodias
6 posters

Go down

Edited version of Guild Meeting Minutes Empty Edited version of Guild Meeting Minutes

Post by Lady Herodias Tue 20 Jan - 20:24

Below is an edited version of the officer guild meeting written by our sweet Nurse, Nicolette who spent a great amount of time giving absence officers an update of the meeting. You will find this quite humours as well as informative. I am putting this on the general board for guildees who are interested on the state of TSK and TCK. We ask TCK members to please make an effort to work with TSK in buildiing our relationship with them. Nurse or Gunter...you may edit if you want.

NURSE WRITING THIS BY THE WAY.....( with some editing by Me)

Well I think that was a very lovely meeting! And it was SO neat to meet everyone finally!!!

At any rate, this is what I got out of it... and I am most certain Gunter, Dan and Ann can correct me of my errors...

First of all, I talked a lot. Surprise surprise *grin* so I hope I did not speak TOO much for TCK. And if I did my apologies. You guys always feel free to type shut up in chat if necessary, I can take it...

These are the events if I can remember them. Not exactly in the correct order they occured...

There were about ten or eleven of us present. Jazz of the lovely voice and sweet personality. Morgan who never said a word - I think she was there, but she might have dropped off to sleep. Dyn of the over-loud vent voice. Ryan - lovely boy. Jin Joo - great guy. Really, really smart man. But I cannot remember his exact name to be honest. And a couple others I think who never made a peep, so they might have been there just to show that TSK has lots of officers or something...I dunno.

The meeting opened with Ryan giving another heartfelt apology. What a sweet guy. He really feels keenly that we might be offened and he was most apologetic about it.

Then I asked what exactly a guild alliance is? Because since I have been playing (last 6 months) I have not seen much benefit to being in an alliance or even what the point is at all. I know full well what an alliance is of course, but I really wanted to make the point that we do not seem to have one. Once they explained to me (the dummy) what it was, I think it was very obvious that we have not had an alliance for at least 6 months, if not more. We all thought about that for a second or two.

This naturally led to talk of how to strengthen our alliance. *Editd by Lady H--Dan mentioned that he was really offended by people being know-it-alls at which Jazz explained that in the past there was someone (not to mention names) who tended to intimidate guild members…herself included. Gunter explained our guild philosophy, namely that we get together to have fun and usually succeed in the game objectives but that our ultimate objective is to have companionship and good times together.

We talked about vent. Jin Joo or whatever his name is offered to run the entire thing at his expense. He wants to be VENT OVERLORD. Space for 50 people was suggested big enough. Gunter has some qualifications about the vent thing. I cannot remember what they were, but something about my stables and his castle were mentioned. (Hmmm, there seems to be a real difference in accommodations there, hey Gunter????) And some kind of Do Not Bug Us channel for when we are hot and heavy in a game and do not want to be bugged, since Gunter explained that he and Dan are getting very old and cannot concentrate and talk at the same time *grin*.

Ryan wanted to know why guild members (edited for names) hates TSK. They also wondered who has been talking about cats *rofl* that took some explaining. We then talked about personalities and such (added by Lady H).

We talked about getting the guilds together more for events. It was suggested that next time we get a group together that we announce in Alliance that we are going to such and such place, does anyone wanna come? Using Alliance chat more often was stressed. (I feel guilty about this actually since I had completely forgotten alliance chat existed until 4 days ago *grin*)

Phrasing offers of help in more of a 'You want some company" type of phrase was suggested by Dyn, as offering 'help' has negative implications.

The prevailing conception that TSK is an 'elitist' group, thereby implying they are above playing with Non Superior Beings was discussed. They were frankly unhappy with this reputation and hurt. We agreed that we would all as a unit work towards dispelling this notion in the future. In the everyday guild culture, we need to start stressing that they are partners with us, and elitism is not a factor. Although it can be argued that may have been the case in the past. * Added by Lady H. I explained that at one point TCK was a new player guild and TSK referred as the elite guild. So they want to change that. Gunter also gave credit to Vane for his dedication to keeping TSK going even when he was the only one there…and that TCK tried to include him so that he would feel included. So TCK was doing some good deeds!*

And finally, the Forums were discussed. The forums are a huge difference (I believe) in what separates us from a guild who's members just show up and play and chat in a shallow manner, and a guild (like ours) that are really starting to get to know each other in a personal way. Our forums are a huge reflection of the personalities, interests, and characters of the people who write in them. More forum participation is needed. TSK has a dead forum. I went and looked at it.. It really really sucks. There is no life to it whatsoever. And I do not mean in just the design of it. When I look at their forum I think..."What a boring bunch they are!!!" They have nothing interesting to say whatsoever.

So it was suggested we try to meld a forum between all of us. This caused considerable commentary and confusion and exhaustive, boring, annoying, incomprehensible, looooong discussions (OOoops, did I say that???) ...

*ahem* this caused considerable commentary and I am not sure if anything was really decided upon.

Here is what I got out of it:
1) I think it best that we have one forum between all of us. We can have a section for TSK a section for TCK a section for Bob's Uncle....whatever. But it should be on one page as that way we all get to know each other better and works towards a tighter community.

2) I think everyone else disagreed. Hard to tell as they all taked at once.

3) This prompted lots and lots of incomprehensible, technical talk from Jin Joo (or whatever his name is) about websites and webpages and Alliance websites and click sites and overloading servers and blah-de-blah blah blah.

Then I got distracted by Ann's incredible supply of Mini Pets and her fantastic wardrobe and I stopped caring anymore.

Oh! I almost forgot!! I voted yes to something. But I am not sure what it was. I was running after Ann's fire lion mini pet thing to get a better look, and just agreed with everyone else so we could all end the meeting. So you will have to ask the others what it was.

And that, was my take of the meeting in a nutshell. I am typing this in a bit of a rush so excuse the poor grammar, and of course, I am sure everyone else has a different memory of events. I would be interested in hearing it...

Nicolette
(Game Nurse)

Last edited by Lady Herodias on Tue 20 Jan - 23:37; edited 2 times in total
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 506
Other games played : 2 Moons, Lineage 2
Registration date : 2008-02-24

http://gunterandann.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Edited version of Guild Meeting Minutes Empty Re: Edited version of Guild Meeting Minutes

Post by Vane (TSK) Tue 20 Jan - 21:33

Lady Herodias wrote:

Phrasing offers of help in more of a 'You want some company" type of phrase was suggested by Vane, as offering 'help' has negative implications.

Just a little problem with that... I was not there, was not even online. So if this was said by someone on vent and they were under my name
it was not me. Also if it was said in chat and they were under my name I really need to know as that would mean someone has my account info without my permission. If it is just a mistype, then no worries. Razz
Vane (TSK)
Vane (TSK)
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Edited version of Guild Meeting Minutes Empty Re: Edited version of Guild Meeting Minutes

Post by Lady Herodias Tue 20 Jan - 22:19

Your right...you werent there....I think that was an error in my editing or our own confusion....since we did talk about how you were helpful...I think that might have been Dyn...I'll re-edit!

*Fixed!

Lady H
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 506
Other games played : 2 Moons, Lineage 2
Registration date : 2008-02-24

http://gunterandann.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Wed 21 Jan - 1:15

Hey Ann!

Thanks for editing it for the general public! Sorry I did not do so last night. I meant to but I fell asleep on the couch *smile*

At any rate, Vane, I suggested the terminology of 'company' rather than 'help', and Ann mentioned that she uses the same approach, and I said that Vane is fantastic for offering company without talking down to people and Dyn said that he had never thought of that.

So there you go... that is most likely why your name came up.

Bottom line bud..... everyone loves you *smile*

Nicolette
(Game Nurse)
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by TIll KIll Wed 21 Jan - 9:41

OK maybe I'm a little off (like that would be new) but in all the time that I have spent play with this guild I have never been talked down to. No matter how dumb some of the questions I've had to ask. If anything was ever said it was done in a way that answered my question and then was picked on ONLY in good way that if anything had me lol my butt off when I was showed the answer I was looking for. So I personally don't see the point of using one word verse another. If anything I think its funny that we even worry about being so PC. I was thinking that we all come here to play a game and just have fun maybe make a few friends along the way. But this isn't any kind of attack on anyone if you are truly that PC hey go for it me I'm just a dumb ol' red neck and too old to change my spots this late in the game.

TK
TIll KIll
TIll KIll
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 77
Other games played : LOL I'm doing good to handle GW and you want more
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Scion Wed 21 Jan - 12:38

Even I like you, Vane. And that is saying something.

Till - I get you, brother. Y'see the thing is you are a cool dude, so people treat you like a cool dude. It's the folk that ain't cool we talk down to.

Ah-HA! I'm just kidding! You're not cool!

Wait, no, I'm kidding about the other thing.

But seriously, it all comes down to me being a hard mode vanquishing Kind Of A Big Deal being asked if I need "help" clearing something. If I were an elitist I might get a little put off. Or if I just got Guildwars two weeks ago, and still think Mending is a good skill, some dude coming in telling me that he should "help" me out might strike a chord of the WTFBBQ in me.

I know it's just a word, but one word is the difference between "You're going to be fine" and "You're going to mostly fine".

Y'dig?

Scion
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Wed 21 Jan - 16:42

Wait, you mean Mending is not a good skill???

**WHAT**???

N
Wink
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki Wed 21 Jan - 21:47

It's only useful if you echo it. Everyone knows that.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Scion Wed 21 Jan - 22:29

Whoops, you're right Franc:

[build prof][arcane echo][echo][mending][live vicariously][essence bond][backfire][empathy][healing breeze][/build]

Can't lose, yeah? You stay alive and it dies. Why don't I run this all the time?!

Scion
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki Wed 21 Jan - 23:14

When I was working on reformatting a wiki page for the Skills and Attributes Panel not too long ago, I could not resist.

http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Skills_and_Attributes_panel (check the images)

But this is by far the best Echo Mending Skillz I have ever seen: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img54/5345/gw136gn6.jpg

[build prof=Mo/Me][arcane echo][echo][mending][inspired enchantment][revealed enchantment][arcane larceny][arcane thievery][arcane mimicry][/build]
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Scion Wed 21 Jan - 23:16

Bwahahahahah!
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down