The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission Night 11/14

+7
Scion
Paravell
Jebus
Pampered One
Rehwyn
HeavyMetalHead
Game Nurse
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mission Night  11/14 Empty Mission Night 11/14

Post by Game Nurse Mon 10 Nov - 19:20

Hey guys!

So this is a HUGE challenge I think, but I am all over getting Deldrimor armor for my heroes... You wanna try that mission to get the armor? It is called Slaver's Exile I think. A master dungeon I believe?

You guys up for the challenge??? Is it just too big for us to tackle? Just THINK how gorgeous our heros will be if we manage to get it done!!! (OR you could probably sell the armor thing for huge bucks I am sure...)

Nicolette
(Game Nurse)
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Mission Night  11/14 Empty Re: Mission Night 11/14

Post by HeavyMetalHead Mon 10 Nov - 19:42

Pulling off an ELITE dungeon on Friday night? Believe it or not.....SIGN ME UP! Makes for something new for me to do. I might want to try to get a couple mission bonuses before-hand since I'm behind on them for that particular title.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehwyn Mon 10 Nov - 21:24

Just an FYI, but this is widely considered the hardest dungeon in Guild Wars. If we're going to do it, we need to be on our A-Game and specific skills will need to be brought.

That said, if we can get a pretty good team together, I'm always up for a challenge. Smile

-Jonathan
Rehwyn
Rehwyn
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 109
Other games played : Too Many (Check 1up Page)
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5618825

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Mon 10 Nov - 21:48

Don't think I can make it. Will be traveling to Ann's place that night weather permitting.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebus Mon 10 Nov - 23:44

I'll try to help if I can join.
Jebus
Jebus
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Tue 11 Nov - 0:09

*smile* well, I will hope for bad weather then Gunter...

And if we try it and fail, then we fail! At least we will have some laughs along the way...

Nicolette
(Game Nurse)
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paravell Wed 12 Nov - 15:54

I might be able to join. Depending on the time we are looking at. Its another Gun Show Weekend. Very Happy
Paravell
Paravell
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Scion Wed 12 Nov - 16:12

Do we need to do all four sections at once? Or if we leave with 2/4 done, it resets to nothing?

Anyone know?
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Paravell Wed 12 Nov - 18:38

If I remember correctly You can leave and come back, but I am not sure exactly.
Paravell
Paravell
Shield Bearer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Wed 12 Nov - 19:46

You CAN go it one floor at a time over a few days. That's how people get it in a Hard Mode copy of the Master Dungeon Guide. Do the first 4 floors in Normal mode, then go for the last in Hard mode since it actually counts as a whole once you beat the last boss.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki Wed 12 Nov - 21:17

Definitely want to this. My last dungeon book was completely filled up except for Slaver's so I'd like my next book to actually be complete this time. As for the quest, I know for a fact that you don't have to kill all 4 bosses in one go. My monk currently has 2/4 of the bosses complete (don't remember which, that quest has been sitting there for a couple of months now) and those objectives have stayed complete.

And that leads me to my question. Are we going to be doing the entire quest, as in going from boss to boss and then finally killing Duncan, or are we going to be expected to be up to the Duncan part of the quest by Friday?

And just a heads up, I never found the Stone Summit in Slaver's very hard. The only annoying part about them are their healers and that half of them have resses. I'm sure there's a minion master in their group somewhere from what I can remember. Frozen Soil should get rid of this problem though, or else we'll just keep fighting them until one side runs out of energy, which monsters never seem to do.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Scion Wed 12 Nov - 22:32

Nice sig, Animus.

I am totally down for starting it up Friday, and driving on until the group breaks, then maybe finishing next week? Or earlier? As far as I know, I got no plans for Friday night.

I am perfectly happy going /R and bringing [[Summon Spirits] and [[Frozen Soil]. We can keep the rez down and just roll along.

I've also been having massive success with my three heroes being an earth ele, a water ele, and a domination mezmer with [[Power Block]. Target the Mez on a bad guy monk and just let fly.

Anyways. I digress. I'm in. What time? Suggested builds? Honestly I've never done this before, either.

Scion

[build prof][/build]
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki Thu 13 Nov - 1:07

The Stone Summit in Slaver's are a pretty balanced bunch. Knockdowns, minions, interrupts, conditions, hexes, AoE, heals, prots, etc. I don't think there there is really a perfect way to take them down, but having enough defenses and taking their monks down as soon as possible should be the main priorities. If we bring Frozen Soil, we'll have no problems once their monks are down. We should probably get familiar with each member of the Stone Summit Family first, though.

Priest
Healer's Boon Monk = Super powered heals. Take this thing down as soon as possible.

Defender
Guardian
No super powered heals here but them spamming guardian and RoF on the rest of the Stone Summit will slow things down. Shield of Regeneration will just be plain annoying.

Summoner
We need to take them down before they have too many corpses to play with.

Warder
Their wards will slow things down as well. Churning Earth will not be a problem as long as nobody brings Charge! or Fall Back! Also, Earthquake hurts.

Dreamer
These will screw up any of the monks and melee pretty bad.

Demolisher
If these get to any squishy targets, it'll be bad news. Their constant knockdowns and Aftershock might leave any of the casters defenseless.

Stone Summit Zealot
Basically they're an Arcane Orders derv. They won't be too annoying but they have some minor healing and Order of Pain might hurt after a while.

Blasphemer
Spreads disease with Tainted Flesh and Rotting Flesh. Does some minor AoE damage.

Contaminator
Some basic hexes. Barbs won't be too much of a problem unless they get a minion army going, which we should have stopped anyway. They'll remove conditions through Draw Conditions and send them back with Plague Signet.

Distracter
All their skills besides Res Signet are interrupts or interrupt-related. Watch your casting if you find yourself being targeted by one. You should be able to tell by seeing a "Choking Gas" icon pop up on your damage monitor.

Marksman
These will do some pretty nasty single-target damage. Some blocking or even SoA would take care of that though.

Pounder
Spams conditions with Drunken and Desperation blow. Not too annoying.

Cleaver
Well, they uh.. Cleave. And Dismember. Otherwise not very threatening. Watch Yourself! won't be too much of problem with its hit limit.

Dominator
Power Lock might be a minor annoyance.

Some skills I would consider taking are Enfeebling Blood for the warriors and rangers and some decent hex removal. Daze or hexes that make spells take longer to cast would help since really the majority of their power/annoyance comes from their casters. A minion master might have some minor difficulty keeping an army alive but there should still be enough to support just one. Prot spirit is a must, and be prepared for constant Disease.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Scion Thu 13 Nov - 1:38

Teams are starting to form in my mind....

Warder Ele and Spirit Rit set up defenses, Shutdown Mez locks onto Monks, Flatbow pulls a mob over, carnage begins.

We can take 8 in there?

Earth Ele
Rit
Mez
Monk
Monk
Damage
Damage
Damage

If Jon and Curatio are in and can Monk, that'll be...

Earth Ele (with Curses as secondary cuz who needs 12 in Energy Management)
Scion Spirit Spam Weapon Spells Tertiary Healer
Mez (maybe BHA Ranger?)
Curatio Monkitude
Ternel Jon Rehwyn Monkorama
Nurse Fire Ele
Adrian Splinter Barrage
Open

Right?

Scion
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki Thu 13 Nov - 2:40

On second thought, Daze might not be such a swell idea. It will probably be instantly Plague Signet'd back to one of our monks. A Mesmer would work better in that case. Migraine anyone? Or not. Go crazy with the hexes. Poor things don't have any hex removal.

That set-up looks pretty solid. A warder spamming curses would be excellent.

Also, just remembered something about the dungeons. There are random spirits (ie, Spirit of Pain) that are placed around the floor. We can kill them but they will resurrect in a few minutes. They're not annoying until we do Duncan (in which case, we need very good spirit control. Take your pick between Consume Soul or Unnatural Signet.) but just pointing this out because you can still utilize them in some ways, like another spirit for MBaS.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Thu 13 Nov - 3:29

OMGosh this is gonna be FUN!!!!

Any suggestions for my fire ele build? I would say I could be anything other than fire as well, but I know fire best... Searing flames/glowing gaze are my fav combination...but is there anything else you guys suggest?

I am thinking between 5-6pm Friday PST??? Does that work for everyone???

(humming happily to myself imagining all the destruction sure to ensue...)

Nicolette
(Game Nurse)
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scion Thu 13 Nov - 5:28

Maybe we'd bring a Nec hero? Think they could run this okay? Help with conditions and wards, leave SS on people.

[build=OAZDY6p5S5B7OVV2BJgVCwCIDA]

The Mez I've been using, seems to do well enough vs. Monks and Eles trying to nuke:

[build=OQBDArojOFgcQGoHAUvAjQTA]

Magical Idea just popped into my head:

One Ele with [Ward Against Harm][Mark of Rodgort][other fire AoE and water snares]

Rit or Ranger with [Greater Conflagration][Frozen Soil][Summon Spirits][other stuff]

Every bad guy getting hit would light on fire. Since we a mostly humans playing, if everyone stays in the Ward then almost no physical or fire damage. We'd have to be on the lookout for big spells targeted at the Spirits, of course. Greater Flag would also stop Orders Necro, since nothing does physical damage anymore. Might require some testing though. We may be getting too spread in skills....[build prof][/build]
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Thu 13 Nov - 7:19

If I am able to make it, and there is room and a use for a warrior, what would be useful skills?

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Vane (TSK) Thu 13 Nov - 7:24

This was the build we used, before Ursan made it just too easy.

http://www.theseraphimknights.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1103

I'm sure it can be improved greatly.

If ya don't have access to the forum let me know i'll copy paste the builds.
Vane (TSK)
Vane (TSK)
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Thu 13 Nov - 15:55

Well so far we have

Scion - Lampshade Rit
Adrian - Robin Hood Ranger
Me - Well dressed fire ele
Animus - Monkey Top Notch
Vane - Monkey Top Notch II
Jon - Necro of the Murderous Kind

And two spots for either Gunter, Moosh, Xanthos (if he is off work) Henchies, or What have you....

So please people, if you want in, PLEASE sign up and commit if you are able so no one is left out who wants to come.... I hate leaving people out. It feels so very icky...

Nicolette
(Game Nurse)
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by funky Thu 13 Nov - 16:21

Hi,

If toon has to complete EOTN for this dungeon then I only have a warrior or assassin unless I rush my dervish for the last 2 or 3 missions

Cheers Wink
funky
funky
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki Thu 13 Nov - 19:01

funky wrote:Hi,

If toon has to complete EOTN for this dungeon then I only have a warrior or assassin unless I rush my dervish for the last 2 or 3 missions

Cheers Wink

From the wiki:

"To enter the Slavers' Exile, at least one person in your party must have completed A Time for Heroes on that character (it is not necessary for it to be present in the current Hero's Handbook). However, everyone in your party must have defeated all other bosses before entering the final dungeon of Duncan the Black. "

So technically, you can bring any character you want, as long as at least ONE person in our party has finished EotN, which I'm sure won't be a hard requirement to fill. I should be able to go on Friday and I know me and a few others have finished EotN on the toons that we are bringing.

Pampered One wrote:If I am able to make it, and there is room and a use for a warrior, what would be useful skills?

Some knockdowns would help a lot to help pressure the casters and make sure the warriors don't get too riley. You don't have to go Hammer, though. Scion (or someone else, but Spawning Power helps) can bring Great Dwarf Weapon for that. There isn't too much blocking either except for Guardian and their Wards. However, depending on if one of the Monks or the Mesmer with Hex Eater Signet can get to you, Soothing Images might give you some problems, so I wouldn't make your main skills based on high adrenaline unless we end up bringing very heavy hex removal. Be careful with what conditions you decide to bring, too.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paravell Thu 13 Nov - 19:18

I want in too. I have a monk or ele I can bring.
Paravell
Paravell
Shield Bearer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Scion Thu 13 Nov - 20:07

For Warrior I suggest Bulls Charge, and anything else that lays smack. I can keep GDW weapon up on two people, and Bulls will ensure to stop things chasing our casters.

If ... Vane as Monk, Paravell as Ele, Funky as Warrior, and if Gunter makes it, then we are overbooked.

1Scion - Rit GDW, Froze Soil, other weapons and support
2Adrian - Ranger Splinter Barrage, interrupts
3Nurse - Ele Nuker/Warder/Snarer 1?
4Animus - Monk 1
5Vane - Monk 2
6Jon - Necro Ward/Curse?
7Paravell - Ele Nuker/Warder/Snarer 2?
8Funk - Warrior
9Gunter - Warrior

Gunter, how is the weather out there, you going to make the trip? Can all listed can make a 9 pm EST depart time?
Scion
Scion
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki Fri 14 Nov - 0:00

I'd like to go, but I don't mind stepping down at all to make room for someone else.

I can make the 9 PM EST time, or something before that depending on when we're going to get our builds together.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next