The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anon Tae - The chosen - Chapter 3

Go down

Anon Tae - The chosen - Chapter 3 Empty Anon Tae - The chosen - Chapter 3

Post by Aeternalia Fri 7 Mar - 1:00

"I would like to know more of this Cherubim you speak of.." The warrior spoke it lightly as Porphyry stepped out into the nights chill air. How long had the young man been there waiting for him to leave the inn? It had been hours ago that Por had noticed him poking his head into the common room and visually search the room for him. It had taken place in less than a second, the warior was quick and only needed to look briefly to see the old man was there spinning his stories. Por had wondered why he might be looking for him.. and now he knew.

"I wondered if you would follow my advice and seek the Cherubim, I cannot lead you to them." Gone was the tavern pub drunkard that he had known.. the warrior was constantly being surprised by this seemingly old man. In his place was a sagely warrior, stiff of back, stout, and wearing a worried frown. "The Cherubim have been gone for some time.. They were once here in these lands, and trained great Knights to protect and preserve the Heavenly Realm. No longer do they reside here... left in that place is nothing but dust and decay.. a standing monument to what was.. and may yet be again... But betwixt here and there lies a journey of a lifetime, your journey.. not mine.. mine has been told and grows cold next to a burnt out fire."

The warrior asked in a humble solemn voice.. "Will you show me the way?"crinkling up his brow the answer was clear " Bah, The road is safe enough to get there on your own.. you need no guide." Por said as he turned to walk away.. "you'll not find anything there except broken memories and the remnants of an ideal..."

"That Ideal is exactly why I must go!" The warrior nearly shouted back.. "I must know what these Cherubim taught the Knights..I must know their ways! "

Porphyry turned angrily and his voice boomed "To what end!.. what would you do with such knowledge! Use it for greed? Use it for Glory? WHat would you do with such power? Be a king that all would worship?!!" he spat on the ground at that.. and stared at the warrior.. who was trembling with rage now as his honor and integrity were questioned. He boomed back.. "I would use it to Protect the innocent! I would use it to bring evil to justice! I would use it however the heavenly realm and the cherubim commanded! Do NOT question my integrity, Do NOT question my intentions!" Porphyry saw it then.. the fire of the Cherubim Angels.. it was in the young warriors eyes as he spoke .... and the light of the Heavenly Realm flowed down around the young warrior and enveloped him..

Por knew the time had come.. for he had never seen a clearer sign.
Musical bells chimed in the distance.

"ok..ok!" Por grumbled under his breath to no one in particular, shielding his eyes from the glow..

Por spoke quietly then.. "Tell me young man.. what is your name?"
The Man spoke now calmly, the radiant light still flowing down around him. " I am known as Gunter..."His anger was gone as he searched around him for the source of that mysterious light as it gently faded.

"Gunter.. hmm well it seems ye be chosen whether I agree or not ...it seems indeed. Be here tomorrow at dawn. We must leave for the Anon Tae. We would leave tonight if I could think of a way to get supplies this late..." Gunter broke in with a question "What is the Anon Tae?" Por spoke as he paced back and forth thinking. "It was the Temple and Training Grounds of the Cherubim and their Knights.. If there is anything left of that Ideal.. it will be found there."

Stopping, he looked at Gunter with a frown.
"The Anon Tae is a strange place Gunter.. It looks into your soul and sees who you truly are. You will not be able to hide your sins there..be at peace with them tonight." And with that the old man slipped into the darkness, but his voice echoed from the wood.. "be here at dawn with your horse packed for a long ride".

Gunter turned at that, feeling extremely tired, as if the blood had been leeched from his body..

~From The Cherubim Knights Archive~
A record of the chosen Cherubim Knight
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down