The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge Day/Night--Every Monday

+4
Pampered One
homework19
tamuril
Lady Herodias
8 posters

Go down

Challenge Day/Night--Every Monday Empty Challenge Day/Night--Every Monday

Post by Lady Herodias Sun 18 May - 16:11

I am officially making Challenge Day/Night on Monday---saying day or night since Tamuril is on during the day. Tamuril, let me know what time for you all early folks.

I would say starting in the evening for the night folks, 7:00 CST. All of you can play higher characters to see if you will get your butts kicked. Otherwise, let's just see how it goes with "challenging" ourselves as a group. Of course we can have challenge night anytime, but I like to mentality put the event on calendar!

If you all have a place you would like to do a Challenge Night mention it here. Otherwise, pick the hardest mission or area you can think of on Mondays and we can pull a group together. If you can think of places, please post it here also, I only know about Prophecy areas. I am sure there are others who can think of Missions, Quests, and Dungeons that do not work well with Heroes or henchies, and the ideal group would be guildees.

Lady

Last edited by Lady Herodias on Mon 19 May - 3:29; edited 2 times in total
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 506
Other games played : 2 Moons, Lineage 2
Registration date : 2008-02-24

http://gunterandann.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Challenge Day/Night--Every Monday Empty Re: Challenge Day/Night--Every Monday

Post by tamuril Sun 18 May - 21:47

Well, this could work quite well for me. Monday is one the shifts I'm hoping to have changed, still awaiting comformation on it.
If all goes to plan then I shall be on from around 6/7pm my time. Although I wouldn't be able to stay on real late as I have an early
start the next morning.

As far as the Challenge is concerned I'm quite happy to pitch in and help on anything folks want to attempt. One of the reasons I'm trying to push Pasch
through the Proph missions and be available for all content, think I'm about 3 to go now, but in general, I'll go with the flow Very Happy

Tam
tamuril
tamuril
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by homework19 Sun 18 May - 23:31

sounds like fun to me. I haven't beat any of the games, so I would be up for anything
homework19
homework19
Shield Bearer

Male
Number of posts : 49
Other games played : COD5, Making History, Red Orchestra, IL2, NHL 09, NCAA Football 09
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Mon 19 May - 3:24

Ok first one planned for Monday, May 19th is Fissure of Woe. We will try to start about 8pm EST/5pm PST. All you need is to be ascended and get to Temple of Ages.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Tue 20 May - 7:22

Just to update how it went on our first attempt at this. Started out with Di, Aeternalia, Razel, Krissa, Gunter II, Animus, and Gunter's Vekk and Gwen. We took it slow since no one was experienced nor had done it in months/years. by the time we had 6 of the 11 quests done, Aeternalia and Razel had to log out and go to sleep. Di stuck with it through the next 2 or 3 quests but also had to give up the ghost. This only left us with a prot monk, trapper, necro, earth ele hero, and mesmer interupter hero. We pushed on playing slowly and smartly.

Lo and behold, we finished it at roughly the 6 hour mark and got it completed for our monument. Much loot was gained with only 3 of us left. Everyone took between 2 and 6 obsidion(of course I only got 2) and over 10k in other drops.

More experienced groups may scoff at our efforts, but we proved any group can do it as long as they play smartly, patiently, and without any egos. Hats off to our newb guild and to the great members that participated. we indeed had a load of fun.

Join us next week for further fun and comraderie.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tamuril Tue 20 May - 13:07

Congrats on that guys, whichever way you look at it, that was no mean feat!! A huge well done to all concerned Very Happy

It just goes to prove you don't have to be the best or an elite, just a lot of thought and patience and you can be winners..

It also goes a long. long way to show the value of a good guild and comradeship that these sort of things can be attempted and brought to fruition..

Again big, big grats.. Very Happy

Mind you............................................. 6hour slog lol, the effort behind that deserves praise alone Rolling Eyes

Tam
tamuril
tamuril
Shield Bearer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeternalia Tue 20 May - 13:40

WOW .. you guys finished!! Thats an EPIC WIN! Congratulations on having the persistance courage and skill to complete that..I wish I could have stayed and finished with you guys.
I had a blast for the time I was there.

As I said last night.. You guys are awesome.

Looking forward to doing this with other members of the guild.. lets Get Duke Ascended so he can go with us next time! (Duke was all set to go but didn't have the ascended requirement met.. Sad

Thanks for organizing this event!

James
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Tue 20 May - 19:44

The only thing I can say bad about this, is the fact that it was a monday night. this precluded Tamuril or any daytimers from participating. I might suggest we do this every other Monday night and alternate that with either Saturday or Sunday daytime, at the discretion of our daytime officer. Or maybe make mondays be a smaller type area like Tombs or an End chapter mission.

What do you guys think?

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Wed 21 May - 0:48

Great job...patience and team work....wish I could have stuck around. Anyone who has ascended heroes and wants a load of fun should be in on the next go.

DI
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzuki Wed 21 May - 1:20

Monking with one person was a bit tough, and to be honest, I did not expect us to finish the FoW even when we had a full party. The fact that we finished it with 3 people and two heroes just amazed me.

If you guys could tell, I was starting to fall asleep at around the 7th or 8th quest.. But I tried to keep up 'cause I knew you guys wouldn't survive the forest without me Razz

It was definitely our patience (well, drowsiness on my end) and teamwork that got us through that mess. Thanks to everyone who participated and helped.

That was definitely a Challenge Night.

By the way, here's a screenshot of us at the Chest of Woe. (TinyPic replaced the image)

Last edited by Curatio Animus on Thu 24 Dec - 5:05; edited 1 time in total
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by tamuril Wed 21 May - 11:27

I'm on holiday for around 10 days starting from this Saturday, so not having to get up at the crack of dawn I'm hoping maybe I can do a couple of 'late' nights.

So maybe we can sort out doing something on a Monday, or another day as I would like to be part of some adventure with others Very Happy

Or if anybody is on at my evening time I can help with any thing you need, just let me know, if I'm able to then I'll gladly pitch in Smile

Tam
tamuril
tamuril
Shield Bearer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tamuril Sun 25 May - 8:37

Would just like to say a big thanks for the fun last night and dragging me around Rolling Eyes

After a bit of a dodgy start we found our feet and proceeded to show those critters that the TCK are not to be messed with.

Shame I had to pull out after the 6th or 7th quest but those next 2 hours would of made it about 4am for me and I had to be up early to
take my grandaughter back, if it had not been for that I would of seen it through. Also, I was amazed I lasted with the storm that was raging
around me, my power and lights kept dipping and I was praying it wouldn't go off.

I hope you guys got to the end and completed once again. It was a pleasure questing with you and I loved it. Very Happy

Another thing I must do is get my Vent problems sorted, it's so frustrating not being part of the chat.

Tam
tamuril
tamuril
Shield Bearer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizard Sun 25 May - 22:51

it was fun having you join us in the run last night
too bad we didn't finsh the whole run
but it was fun next time we would do better because we know what we are up against
let's try again another time everyone

Jay
Wizard
Wizard
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content