The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How does one add the Skill builder into the forum?

3 posters

Go down

How does one add the Skill builder into the forum? Empty How does one add the Skill builder into the forum?

Post by Lady Herodias Thu 27 Mar - 3:25

There has been discussions on how we might be able to display our skills on this forum. Well after looking at the TSK Alliance, I cam e across how they display their skills using the PBBH code from GWShack. Well now I am totally confused on how to do it. Therefore, I thought I would leave it up to the Techies to figure it out and tell me what to do in layman's term. It would be a nice addition to the board...so let us know how to do it!

Here is the site with the software. http://gwshack.us/

Here are the instructions:

Installation procedure
In the following, ~ will refer to your phpBB, PunBB or vBulletin directory (if you can't modify files from these directory, you won't be able to install gwBBCode). For PHP-Nuke, the forum directory is in the modules directory.

1. Copy the content of this archive into ~/gwbbcode/ so that one can access ~/gwbbcode/install.php
2. If you use phpBB, create ~/gwbbcode/pickup_db.php and make sure php scripts can modify it (chmod 666, i.e set permissions to write for everyone). So far only phpBB2&3 supports the pickup feature.
3. Access ~/gwbbcode/install.php with your browser and follow the instructions (you may get errors because of access permissions).
4. If you want the skill database to be stored and accessed with MySQL, set GWBBCODE_SQL to true in ~/gwbbcode/config.inc.php and access ~/gwbbcode/install.php again.
5. If you want builds with Kurzick/Luxon skills to be adapted to your alliance faction, set GWBBCODE_ALLEGIANCE to 'Kurzick' or 'Luxon' in ~/gwbbcode/config.inc.php (Kurzick by default, so edit only if you are Luxon)
6. Then try example posts from ~/gwbbcode/examples/ especially the short guide ~gwbbcode/examples/howto.txt
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 506
Other games played : 2 Moons, Lineage 2
Registration date : 2008-02-24

http://gunterandann.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

How does one add the Skill builder into the forum? Empty Re: How does one add the Skill builder into the forum?

Post by Pampered One Thu 27 Mar - 15:43

Yeah please see if you software oriented people can understand it. I don't know if this means I have to install it into some directory on my harddrive that has some forum files or what. My computer at home is the one that the forum was first started on. Or does it mean every person that wants to use it has to install it to thier hard drive or does it mean that somewehre in the deep recesses of the internet there is a folder that or forum resides in that needs it.

Forgive my stupidity. clown I am strictly a hardware person. I only programmed when the Apple IIC was around and was only moderatly proficient at making batch and config.sys files back when all games ran thru DOS....so like 10-13 years for me.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male
Number of posts : 556
Other games played : Lineage 2, 2 moons, CoH, CoV

Back to top Go down

How does one add the Skill builder into the forum? Empty Re: How does one add the Skill builder into the forum?

Post by Aeternalia Fri 4 Apr - 18:02

Hey guys,

On their website they include this information in the installation instructions:

Installation procedure
In the following, ~ will refer to your phpBB, PunBB or vBulletin forum directory (if you can't modify files from these directory, you won't be able to install gwBBCode). For PHP-Nuke, the forum directory is in the modules directory. Note that the pickup and SQL feature are only available on phpBB2 and 3.

Now since we are using forumotion, I don't believe we have access to the phpBB directories. These directories and files are auto generated from the admin website settings and cannot be manually altered. (this is also the reason why we can't do stuff like hover buttons)

If we really want to be able to do this, I suggest we get a new website. I have put up a few Joomla websites, and could possibly host the website, but it would not be easy for me to fit into my schedule.

Alternatively, if you are able to talk to the forummotion people, they may be able to install this in the proper directories.. probably for a fee.

James
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Fri 4 Apr - 19:17

Now I'm confused. I thought they wanted to be able to see the skills and thier description. Is'nt that what you just did on your other post within a few minutes of this one? I see the skills and have pop up descriptions of each.

Pampered
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeternalia Fri 4 Apr - 19:22

Hmm I see the skills but I did not have the popups.. I wonder what is different from what you and I are seeing.. my popup is a big question mark. I get the popups on other sites.. just not on this one. I thought that was what they were trying to get working..

If its working.. Great!

:: goes back to drinking his Ogre stout in a dark corner::
James
Aeternalia
Aeternalia
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Herodias Fri 4 Apr - 22:04

Ahhhh....well i see your skills...so it must be working.

*toast to the techieeeeee*

Lady
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Pampered One Fri 4 Apr - 22:48

Lady=Spammer...

and now so am I Sad
Pampered One
Pampered One
King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Herodias Thu 10 Apr - 21:29

I know,....I have 149 posts. So, what will i get as the grand prize for being annoying? My armor?!?!

Lady
Lady Herodias
Lady Herodias
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down