The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting there!!!!!!!

3 posters

Go down

Getting there!!!!!!! Empty Getting there!!!!!!!

Post by TIll KIll Sat 16 Jan - 3:26

Hey guys
Well good news Mom's house is almost done down to the last sheet rock left to do just finished up the ceiling last night. (at 1 am) If I never see anymore sheet rock it will be to soon; spent the last few days hanging 4'X 10'X 5/8" rock on the ceiling. For those of you that don't know what this is like I'll try to explain to you what that's like. First off you need to understand that your going to have to pack sheets in to the house all 46 sheets worth, (oh by the way your going to be doing this in knee to hip deep snow with temps that are in the teens at best nothing like Kansas weather) Now that you have a pile of rock stacked up on 2"X4" you are going to be pulling them off one at a time to pack up a 10' ladder so that you can hold up about 90 lbs on your head so that you can screw it to the joist. And now that you have done that you get the joy to start standing up 1/2" sheets to put on the wall. (all 119 of them) And if you are wondering if that all sounds easy here's the a way that may help you to understand I have gone thru not one but two 25 lbs boxes of sheet rock screws. All that and I have killed 2 drills now and at $185 a pop I and ready to be done. Then the next stage starts the MUD and its just what you think of sheet rock that's in liquid form that you spread out between the joints and screw holes that after its dried you get the joy of sanding down just so that you can put the 2nd and sometimes 3rd coat on. all this and my poor wife is starting to think that she's a widow if I am home I'm to tired to even speak. But like all things she has done in the last ten years with me she's taken it like a trooper and just keeps on going being the wonderful woman that I love.

Anyway to the point of this post with luck I should be getting close to being done and have a little time to pop into the game. So hope all is well with you all and yours

Till Kill Getting there!!!!!!! Icon_twisted
TIll KIll
TIll KIll
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 77
Other games played : LOL I'm doing good to handle GW and you want more
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Getting there!!!!!!! Empty Re: Getting there!!!!!!!

Post by Trytan Fri 22 Jan - 4:58

Heya Till!

Good to hear that you're entering the home stretch on this massive project, sounds like your having all kinds of fun Very Happy .

I haven't been on in a while myself, been really busy the last few weeks with job hunting, and interviews. Found a job this last week though and they've had me running back and forth there all week to fill out paperwork for background checks and take a physical. I don't start until February 1st so sometime between now and then I've got to try and get day-care figured out for the munchkin for the days I'm working. The job is 12 hour shifts, I haven't worked shift work in nearly 7 years...gonna take some adjustment.

My hours are going to be all messed up but I'm hoping I'll be able to log in a bit more regularly once I'm back to work. Hope to see you and everyone else around. I've only been away since the start of the new year but it seems like it's been a lot longer. Sad
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sun 24 Jan - 1:00

Aw, come on....you love it. And the women in your life are gonna to lavish you with praise and kudos until you feel like a king. LOL cheers
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum