The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Account Security

4 posters

Go down

Account Security Empty Account Security

Post by Trytan Thu 24 Dec - 1:14

There has been a large amount of people in the GW community over the last few months that have had their accounts hacked/stolen. Many people are putting the blame on the lack of security at the NCSoft website. It is supposedely possible for someone to hack into your master NCsoft account and then gain access to all of your games that are linked to it.

This week ANet introduced an extra security question that you need to input to log into your account. Since in-game names are now part of your security details I am going to go remove the in-game names from everyone's profile on this forum.

If anyone uses their in-game name as their forum username and would like to change it to something else just shoot me a PM with what you want your new username to be and I will make the change. (Or you could just post your new desired forum name in this post).

Also if the email you use for this forum is the same as the one that you use to log into Guild Wars with I would suggest that you change it and if your forum password is the same as your GW password then DEFINITELY change that immediately. It has been confirmed by ANet that the hackers are also attempting to breach fansites and forums and using any info they get to try and log in to GW or NCsoft accounts.

I'm also going to post something in the guild log-in announcement telling people to check on this thread and make any changes to their forum details in order to help protect their account.

This is something I've been meaning to get around to addressing the past couple days since ANet made the change to the log in. I did notice earlier today a couple times that there are anoynmous "guest" users from China (where all these RMT and hackers are located). It's possible one of these shady operations has located this forum and if you have any info here (especially EMAIL and PASSWORD) that can be used against you please change it ASAP in order to help protect your GW account.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Account Security Empty Re: Account Security

Post by Godzuki Thu 24 Dec - 5:03

Thanks for the heads up. I saw this when I last logged in and was kind of surprised by it. Good call on removing names from the profile information.

I'd like to request a name change to "Godzuki", if possible.

I'll have to go look through my old posts here and on GWGuru to see if I left anything. I also suggest anyone who's concerned with this security breach to do the same. I have some posts here that list my in-game names and some screenshots with my character's names in the party list/chat on them.
Godzuki
Godzuki
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebus Sat 26 Dec - 23:53

If you can must make mine, "Jebus" that'd be awesome.
Jebus
Jebus
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Mon 28 Dec - 0:28

I guess I should change my user name. Just make it "danny".

Thx for the heads up.
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content