The Cherubim Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is Dan up to these days

+3
Trytan
funky
Danny
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is Dan up to these days Empty What is Dan up to these days

Post by Danny Wed 21 Oct - 13:06

I told you I was going to start a new topic. Smile

Two weeks ago I discovered the world of ritualist. Actually 2 weeks ago I discovered that warriors are pretty much obsolete. I think they still rock but if you want a space in a dungeons group or and elite missions group u need a different class. So I started 2 new toons, a sin and a rit. I still am having issues with the sin but I really caught on with the rit and with the help of a dinomite build I rocked thru factions in just under 2 weeksgetting the Protectors title!

Now for some of you guys that may be no big acomplishment, but my warrior was over a year earning his first protector title and you guys earned it for him, this one done all HH in between dungeon quest with my fire ele (she is the only one I had the was eligible, now I have 2).

I am taking time of from group missions this week to farm necklaces in Surmia, I found that my rit can do it as well or better than my ele did in the past. I already have 150. I hope to get at least 500 by the end of halloween. (u can trade them for goodies) U only get 5to 7 per run and it takes 5 minutes but the goodies are nice to have.
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 236
Other games played : GW2!, Aion, WOW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic, DDO
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

What is Dan up to these days Empty Re: What is Dan up to these days

Post by funky Fri 23 Oct - 23:01

Exactly!

My melee toons have become my mules since i discovered the fun/power of casters Very Happy

But I always remember the time I spend on my war (1st GW toon, no $ no skills no friends) & failing so many time in the Crystal Desert Very Happy
funky
funky
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Sat 24 Oct - 5:55

Sadly I realized today that poor Daanq Da was goiong to be relagated to the task of gofer/mule. We completed UW again today with me as a SH nuker. With two perma (all the rage) tanks it was almost easy. I am trying to get an assasin working, she is at the eternal grove, but will have to wait til after Halloween. I have got the NM raptor run down to 2 minutes from zone out to next zone out. I farmed 62 TOTs in about 50 minutes. Not bad considering a run every 2 minutes plus breaks to sell off.

We debated today whether it was more prosperous in HM, which takes me much longer, and which I wipe out at least 1 out 4 times, or NM which I may wipe in 1 of every 20 if I am not paying attention or those dang brown dinos get in my way.

I guess tomorrow will be a good day to test it. I have 600 grawl necklacews which I have farmed since last halloween but the Horseman trader hadn't showed up in Ascalon last time I checked.

But you are right funky, between ele's and rits I am having a blast. Heck, I may even retry my mesmer. or maybe not lol
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Thu 5 Nov - 16:32

You may not need to retire Daanq Da entirely. Over Halloween I finally decided to give raptor farming a legitamite chance. The only toon I have at Rata Sum is my main warrior so I decided to try out the W/N farm.

I had next to zero hope for success when I first started out, having to micro manage the paragon hero seemed a little much to me. But it was actually quite easy, all you need to do is click on two of the hero's skills and flag her a ways outside of the cave while your running there. The great thing about it is that it only works in HM which means lots of gold drops and the occasional lockpick here and there as well.

I think it took me about an hour or so to get the timing down, by that time I had about a 3 in 4 success rate. After another couple hours and really getting to know the spawns and how to collect the aggro I had it down to about a 90% success rate. Lag is the only thing that really screws me up on it, as it causes Mark of Pain to run out before unleashing Whirlwind attack on the boss raptor. Even then though you still kill everything else and usually have enough time to pick up all of your drops before Broodmother sends you for a dirt nap.

I played around with it through the week and wound up with about 4-1/2 stacks of ToT bags (not sure exactly as I was opening them here and there as I went and drinking the booze while farming). The run itself takes about 45 seconds, but probably just a hair over a minute when you factor in zone times.

Looking forward to the American Thanksgiving now and doing some pumpkin pie farming Very Happy
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thu 5 Nov - 17:16

Wow, may have to give that a shot, I have always used my ele to raptor farm, but never got it down to that fast in HM. Thanks for the info!
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 Thu 5 Nov - 17:40

yeah i avged 50 seconds with that build
Acolyte41
Acolyte41
Knight

Male
Number of posts : 106
Other games played : You name it...
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 Thu 5 Nov - 17:42

Not to mention my main toon a warrior as well works great for vanqing Tanking and Save yourselves work very well, adren primary builds work pretty well for continuous slaughter. With my axe spam i can avg 40-60 dmg a second to whatever im targetting.

Warriors endurance, power attack, Furious Axe, Dodge this, cyclone, etc.
Acolyte41
Acolyte41
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

What is Dan up to these days Empty warriors

Post by Danny Thu 5 Nov - 18:01

Don't get me wrong, I like my warrior ..... it is where all my titles are. Unfortunately the current feel in the AOL alliance is that it is an anitquated class, replaced by the Perma Sin.

It is impossible to get in on an elite dungeon or mission as a warrior. You would think a guild named NUBZ (noobs) would be a little less demanding, but the Alliance is where the action is. It is a definite downside to leaving a "family" guild and going to where I am now. There are other downsides too, but the weekly events seem to make it worth while.

I am currently driving a Sin thru factions and a paragon thru Nightfall. I do all my elite stuff as an ele nuker (peviously used only for raptor farming). But I want to qualify for more runs so I need a variety of toons available so I can go as whats needed.. Sins and paragons are second only to monks, (an area I haven't seriously attempted yet) in the demand for dungeons and elite stuff.

The plus side is that I have really found some neat builds in classes other than warrior. I think my personal favorite is Rit, but they are not in big demand. The spirit spammer is awesome tho.

Still miss TCK . Sad
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 Thu 5 Nov - 18:17

Rits are rapidly becoming one of the most powerful classes, great for both offense and healz. Sabway and discord both function of a RT as a healer. And yeah I agree with you completely that elite dungeon runs require sins (although from what I hear UW just got nerfed hardcore, gave dydrers starburst, an extremely powerful touch skill which apparantly rips right through SF. Just what ive heard not actually sure if that did anythings. Just from watching the price of Ectos skyrocket im sure that cant be too far off fromt he truth ^ ^) or as one of the power classes. But for soloing HM and vanqing i still <3 my warrior so i wouldnt call it completely useless. Classes shift around all the time and im sure we will see someone make a breakthrough for the warrior soon enough. A crippling slash warrior can hold its own in RA and AB no problem. Ive even cut spike sins to pieces with it if its used properly. But definitly the most effective Team Builds require the power/meta classes and warrior just aint in that loop anymore... Although the Manly Spiker Build for FoW SC relies on two warrior/sins which got me excited Very Happy 17 min HM run.

http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Build:Team_-_FoW_Manly_Spike

anywhoo sounds like your doing great in your alliance.

Much love,
~Acolyte of Sithis
Acolyte41
Acolyte41
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thu 26 Nov - 5:48

cheers Woohoo!!!! I did it, cheers HH'd thu all 3 chapters, still need to pick up Meloni's mission for protector title but that should be doable. All missions were done in order and all done to Masters before I went to the next one. You guys got me thru the toughest one. Everything I read said that Ruins of Morah would be the hardest, but I flew thru that one in under 3 minutes. I am really pleased with myself if you can't tell. I even have Survivor 1 on this toon.....not too hard with Kilroy around, but it is a title. I am going to try to get Survivor 2 on my Paragon. At least its a goal and I am half way there, [half way to 2 , already have 1.]

So thanks for your help, I am still way more comfortable asking here than at AOL, they are are nice folks, just not family. Smile

I started vanquishing in Factions with my Rit, cleaned out the bginners island this morning. It is slow going since i am vanqing and mapping at the same time. I am thinking about doing some capping at same time. Ambitious aren't I? [grin]
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TIll KIll Thu 26 Nov - 15:48

Wow guy more power to ya

Till Kill Twisted Evil
TIll KIll
TIll KIll
Squire

Male
Number of posts : 77
Other games played : LOL I'm doing good to handle GW and you want more
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Thu 26 Nov - 15:52

Congrats Dan!

I bequeath you the title Tenacious!!!

Amazing how much you have done in this game. Keep it rolling Dan! And if you decide to give Aion another try, make sure you let me know. I met a guy on there who reminds me so much of you I could have sworn it WAS you!!! I think you guys would get along like a house on fire...

n
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Thu 26 Nov - 19:50

That's awesome Dan congrats!

Now how the heck did you get your Master's reward on Moddock crevice with H/H?...That one has been giving me fits the past few months. I've tried that one about a half a dozen times and I can never manage to take out both of the Kournan runners on time. I've tried a few different things and gotten close but it just gets frustrating having to do the entire mission over again to try out a different tactic.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thu 26 Nov - 23:00

Your toon must have a cripple, daze, or trap skill...something to slow down a runner. While I was out of range I targetted the nearest runner using the hero target system and sent all 3 heroes after him, the one that says you must stop the 2 runners before the set off the alarm. I then slowed down the furtherest runner with [in my case of Ritualist] Binding Chains. It was enough to slow him down until I got my spirits cast and they and the henchies finished him off. The heroes managed their runner on their own. [give them a slow down skill also]

The above assumes that it was the last of Dunk's suggestions that you were having difficulty with, it was the thorn in my side. The hero targeting is the real key. I sent Meloni, Koss, and I forget which ele nuker, probably Zhed all after the nearest runner. Me and the henchies and all my spirits did furtherest runner.

Hope this helps. If you need more of an explanation let me know, I suck at teaching [grin]. It took me 3 tries to get the timing down.
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Thu 26 Nov - 23:25

Thanks Dan!

I've tried a couple different snares and strategies but have never tried flagging the heroes up to the runners before Dunk's suggestion pops up. I'll have to give that a try next time I go back to work on my Elona protector title. I could always kill one and get really close to killing the other but he'd always seem to get to the group of Kournans with a sliver of health left..

Sounds like flagging the heroes in for a head start should probably be enough to do the trick then, thanks!
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thu 26 Nov - 23:51

I think I read every forum and eveery guide there is on the subect before I stumbled across some old info that Gunter sent me when i first started the game and it had instructions on how to focus a hero on a bad guy. I have only used it once or twice, but it did the trick. I have had to get inventive to get thru these missions in less than 2 months.

I am still researching on a way to HH A Time for Heroes, lol not sure a Rit can do it. We will see.
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 Fri 27 Nov - 2:30

Thats easy enough

Should be extremely easy with a rit. SoS right in front of the destroy, bring lots of monks for heals. Flag all ur HH right in front of the great destroyer as well. Pain invert. 80 dmg x 8 (you and your heroes) + 80 x # of spirits. Thats only on certain skills tho, like lava blast i believe? i dunno which ever ones cause massive AOE in a direct path. Just line ur guys up and let them get smacked. Bring breath of the great dwarf to remove fire and lots of heals. Interupt lava wave so he cant heal, or let him go so u get a chance to heal up. Was able to do this with my warrior n some henchies. 3 monks and an assortment of other henchies n heroes.

Interupting lava ground will also keep your precious areas of land from lava overflow. Interupts trigger enraged blast or w/e which I KNOW does a crap ton of AOE. umm You move like a dwarf interupts, maybe 1 other one and just alternate between the two. I also brought "save yourselves" when hp of the party was getting low and pain invert wasnt active.

Thats my own personal guide, no wiki invovled Wink hope it helps!
Acolyte41
Acolyte41
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Fri 27 Nov - 3:05

Thx, I will try as soon as I lose the turkey day crowd [family visiting affraid ] lol
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Acolyte41 Fri 27 Nov - 4:15

know the feeling lol
Acolyte41
Acolyte41
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Wed 2 Dec - 12:54

It took several times and a few adjustments but I got it done. So I officially finshed all the chapters doing only HH. Now working on mapping and skills, but thats mostly boring stuff. I will get back in the cue for the elite quest and dungeons. Still havent done the Slaver's Exile yet.

I did find that I can farm destoyer cores pretty effectively from the Central Chamber using this this rit. I would like to get together with someone to complete the quest, I can get thu the first 3 waves before getting wiped.

Anyway, thanks for the help with the EOTN finale. You guys are great!
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Thu 3 Dec - 17:38

If you see me online give me a shout Dan, I'd be happy to take a stab at the Destructions Depths quest with you (I think that's the one your talking about lol I'm terrible at remembering quest names). I've only attempted that one once before and I think it was with you and Andrew. If I remember right I think we made it through the destroyer waves without a problem and just nearly had a party wipe at that Destroyer that looks like a giant wheel.
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyMetalHead Fri 4 Dec - 0:26

Oh god...THAT was a near disastrous run. I still remember parts of it, too. The three of us, five heroes, and we couldn't keep the golems active for long. Kept pinning the boss down with the golems, though. If I'm right, we finally pulled through by setting the golems to defensive so they could both alleviate some of the healing from the monks and hurt the thing faster.

And if you wanna book for Slaver's Exile, let us know on here. I can DEFINITELY drop in for dungeon crawling that. Although Duncan is one tough SoB to kill, even on Normal. My awful solo effort is record of that. I had NEVER failed so hard in Guild Wars before that.
HeavyMetalHead
HeavyMetalHead
Lord

Male
Number of posts : 201
Other games played : Altogether or other MMOs?
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

What is Dan up to these days Empty there is no place like home

Post by Danny Wed 6 Jan - 18:25

Well it is a new year and the holidays were great for me. I have a request to make it a perfect new year. Do you suppose I could get an invite to TCK [humbles himself as he ducks his head and mumbles"there is no place like home"]. The people at AOL are great but they are way too impersonable to me. I can do another application if you like. My main character is now Di Not. I am looking forward to the invite. Thx
Danny
Danny
Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trytan Wed 6 Jan - 19:05

No problem Dan Very Happy

Although things are probably even quieter around here since you've left. We have a few who still log in regularly/semi-regularly (admittedly I haven't been one of them lately, been busy with the holidays, fixing my computer, and trying to find a new job/possibly relocating to do so Neutral )

But there is still a fair bit of activity if you make use of the alliance. Sign up for their forums if you want to check out what's going on (There's a sticky on these boards that has the link, also an alliance calendar that show's what is coming up for events). There are almost always a few contests/challenges going on as well as weekly dungeon runs etc. There are quite a few good folks throughout the alliance and most everyone shares the same belief that the game should be more about fun than anything else. Once I see you've signed up over there I can arrange for you to get access to view threads and post.

I'll try and log on later today and send you an invite. Welcome back!
Trytan
Trytan
Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Nurse Thu 7 Jan - 2:43

Hmmmm I dunno Dan... Who knows what nasty things you might have picked up hanging with those OTHER people...

*smile*

Welcome back honey, a small fumigation might be required, but hey! It is worth it right???

Glad to see you come home again...and I hope you stay with us forever...of course you never really left, did you?

I log on once in a while to do some vanquishing and maybe work on emptying my JINORMOUS quest log on my various toons. If I see you on, be prepared to be ninja'd! I wanna see the New Uber Dan in motion!!!

love,
n

p.s. Oh Wait! In this game you cannot get random invites (ninja'd). Hmmm well be prepared to be whispered at then!!!!!
Game Nurse
Game Nurse
Lord

Female
Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next